• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Attention Moderator! Spam alert!

#226481 1 year, 3 months ago
I know that many of the most predominate and positive members of this forum have been trying to help safe guard this representation and gathering place for Furthur Fans.

It is really to0 bad that this has become more of a struggle to maintain spirit then actually tilling and enjoying this as a gathering place for I would say this forum has to be a fair enough amount of The Bob and Phil Show Inc's. Market Share. "Roll Calls" multiply it by ticket prices, flights, hotels, rentals and don't forget the recruiting dues and fees . I forget what the numbers were, but the math adds up (i.e beacon run 2011) Not trying to say I feel like I/we owed anything, because I/we are not.
I do however think that if the IT side of this site would hold up their end, then we will surly continue try and make this a positive place for Furthur Fans to gather and for new ones to find connections with the music, the history and the Positive Spirit of the Grateful !
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by ecojaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226489 1 year, 3 months ago
Better service usually comes at a price. Are you willing to pay for that?

If I put up the money to buy you a playground, and it starts showing wear and tear, do you come back to
me and ask me to make refurbishments? You might argue since I'm responsible for giving it to the community
I'm responsible for its up keep, but I could counter that's now in the hands of the users.

Back in the day there was no forum. There was a hotline to announce shows, and the occasional newsletter.
I think if you could establish a consensus that shows people would be willing to pay for this on a subscription
basis you would eliminate the spammers as a. it wouldn't be worth their money to post spam to those who won't
patronize them, and b. it would improve the service with funds to make it better. Then when it isn't to your liking
you have a leg to stand on.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#226493 1 year, 3 months ago
Agreed- I would pay to play, but I was under the assumtion that INC. was getting a share of the refreshment rev at the shows to pay for this site and flags......but I could be mistaken.

I for one am glad I live in the era of info that I do. If it is in "our" hands, show me to the meat locker so I can start making some cuts

Pass around the imaginary bucket and I bet you would be suprized at how quickly it fills ~~~~~~~~~~~~
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226495 1 year, 3 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Agreed- I would pay to play, but I was under the assumtion that INC. was getting a share of the refreshment rev at the shows to pay for this site and flags......but I could be mistaken.

I for one am glad I live in the era of info that I do. If it is in "our" hands, show me to the meat locker so I can start making some cuts

Pass around the imaginary bucket and I bet you would be suprized at how quickly it fills ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bet you're right about that.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226567 1 year, 3 months ago
wow, I last posted to this thread a bit over 4 hours ago, and it's already on the next page of threads. Just goes to show how much traffic there is on the forum.

With all this use, and enjoyment derived, perhaps many would pay for the service in order to improve it, considering there are so many complaints.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#226573 1 year, 3 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
wow, I last posted to this thread a bit over 4 hours ago, and it's already on the next page of threads. Just goes to show how much traffic there is on the forum.

With all this use, and enjoyment derived, perhaps many would pay for the service in order to improve it, considering there are so many complaints.

I have no trouble paying for content. However, since this is basically a marketing vehicle for a profit-making venture, payment really shouldn't be needed. I've been more than happy to turn over to this band large amounts of my income since 1977, and have received a tremendous amount of joy and fun in return. I don't think it's too much to expect in this day and age a website that meets the basic standards in speed and content control that every other site on the internet seems to be able to manage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#226576 1 year, 3 months ago
To suggest paying for this site is foolish. It was conceived and designed to promote the band, and encourage the fans to come together.
However, if paying meant we could eliminate the trolls, Like Tony and ATG, et al, I would contribute.

But, lets not digress, this post was originally intended to bring the current spam posts to the attention of the moderator.
It obviously did not succeed.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226581 1 year, 3 months ago
Chester wrote:
To suggest paying for this site is foolish. It was conceived and designed to promote the band, and encourage the fans to come together.
However, if paying meant we could eliminate the trolls, Like Tony and ATG, et al, I would contribute.

But, lets not digress, this post was originally intended to bring the current spam posts to the attention of the moderator.

yeah, you wouldn't want to digress like you just did.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by captaintony.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226584 1 year, 3 months ago
Chester wrote:

the moderator doesn't seem to share your same zeal about the spam. It appears that way.

You are in violation of the rules with your name calling. That makes you better than......?
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226793 1 year, 3 months ago
haven't seen any spam today. If that's because of the moderator's actions, then thank you.
perry
Senior Boarder

#226828 1 year, 3 months ago
Maybe this site s java based
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds