• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

Re: Broomfield Questions

#226536 1 year, 6 months ago
Cool bro. I agree, if it looks like a bonus pow day we will head up on Sat, otherwise we plan on avoiding the masses.

Cant wait. Skied this morning in 6 inches of new light fluff. Unfortunately that was on top of refrozen guanch, OUCH! LOL.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#226545 1 year, 6 months ago
Griff wrote:
Cool bro. I agree, if it looks like a bonus pow day we will head up on Sat, otherwise we plan on avoiding the masses.

Cant wait. Skied this morning in 6 inches of new light fluff. Unfortunately that was on top of refrozen guanch, OUCH! LOL.

Yeah, if you Coloradans want a real challenge, come out here and try to ski on some Michigan ice, now that's a challenge! I remember the first time I skiied out West in powder I couldn't turn worth a darn at first, but it was so much fun falling without getting bruised!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#226546 1 year, 6 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>COLD MEANS COLD<<
I am a weatherd person and after the sun goes down brrrrrrrr!

Come on you soft Northstar, it's always shorts weather !!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#226547 1 year, 6 months ago
"dude are you wearing shorts out here!?!"
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#226549 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:

True that.See what elevation ,+ countless years of seeing these guys do to ya. Crazy I tell ya. Crazy !
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by strangerinboulder.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#226551 1 year, 6 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
wlewis wrote:

True that.See what elevation ,+ countless years of seeing these guys to to ya. Crazy I tell ya. Crazy !

Yeah, but if you were a real head, you'd break out the Daisy Dukes and make Bobby proud!!!
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#226554 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
wlewis wrote:

True that.See what elevation ,+ countless years of seeing these guys to to ya. Crazy I tell ya. Crazy !

Yeah, but if you were a real head, you'd break out the Daisy Dukes and make Bobby proud!!!

Boy...talk about crowd control. Be careful what you wish for kind lady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#226571 1 year, 6 months ago
I get it even better in the PNW where we get record amounts of snow. This week has seen no less then three feet of new, but with roller coasting temps that had the snow level above the areas on Tue night > Wed and then a very fast cool down. Hence the hard surface.

My area is actually owned by Boyne Mountain which I am sure you must be familiar with Sue.

And no thanks on skiing it. I'll take my 2200 vertical foot mountain with a snow pack of 125 inches!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#226605 1 year, 6 months ago
Hey Griff, same exact conditions in Tahoe, I just got home from Mt Rose. I was love'n the fresh pow but we had that same hard pack layer too. It was very cold for Tahoe around 15 degrees.
Are you a Broncos fan?

MtRoseDec182012028.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
Phred
Senior Boarder

#226610 1 year, 6 months ago
Bazza99 wrote:
Hey Griff, same exact conditions in Tahoe, I just got home from Mt Rose. I was love'n the fresh pow but we had that same hard pack layer too. It was very cold for Tahoe around 15 degrees.

I learned to ski on that "stuff". Don't know if they still call it this, but when I was out there they called it "Sierra Cement". Moved to Colorado over 20 years ago and discovered real snow. I doubt that I will ever ski west coast again...
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#226620 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="Bazza99" post=226605]Hey Griff, same exact conditions in Tahoe, I just got home from Mt Rose. I was love'n the fresh pow but we had that same hard pack layer too. It was very cold for Tahoe around 15 degrees.
Are you a Broncos fan?

Yep, it was the warm then the really cold very quickly behind it (17 at the top here). Fresh was nice but the hard layer underneath kind of sucks. Ski light was the mantra today.

I am a Broncos fan, though will to admit that is mainly because of Peyton. Living in Seattle, I am a life long Seahawks fan (well, kinda) so when we were in AFC West the Broncos were the enemy. I think I might even still have a Bronco Buster t--shirt from the early 80s. LOL!!!!!

Phred, now that is funny bro cause Sue says give me the West over the Midwest and you are like Rockies over the West. LOL. es, true that we ski some really heavy snow some days, but it makes us better skiers. LOL. That is what we say to make ourselves feel better about it. Or we say this is "good base building snow", a euphemisim for this sucks. LOL.

One good story though:

I ran the University of WA ski school for 10 years (88-97). Trained many instructors and got them certified, which usually meant they went and taught at destination resorts (Vail, Aspen, Taos, Squaw, Jackson and so on).

One bro went to Jackson for the winter and came back in March for my programs annual end of the season (well lessons) party called Blendermania (one rule for all instructors - bring a fifth and a blender). A rager to say the least.

He brings back with him the "hottest" skier in Jackson from the JHAF. We party all night. All night it dumps Cascade cement, about 18 inches. We get up and ski at 8 AM.

Bro from Jackson is literally dead after two runs while we are all thinking it is a bonus powder day. LOL.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#226629 1 year, 6 months ago
Well it better start snowing here soon if you all are planning a ski trip. Unlike the PNW, it's been dry as a bone here. Typically February is fairly dry any way, let alone this year. Too bad the shows aren't in March or April, that's when we get the real snow.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds