• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226224 1 year, 8 months ago
A minor point here. Coolness is not determined by what (if any) music you like, what you wear, whether your hair is long of short, or even how often you shower. In 2006 Phil shared a few thoughts about internet communication and other stuff that seems to fit here, so at the risk of being sued for plagiarism, I will share them:

"Don't worry up your mind
People are sick and mean sometimes
They're only words
They're only words...

In the end, what we want or enjoy in life comes down to personal prefernces; the best and the bravest will always follow their own path in their listening, in their reading, in their thinking, without any concern for the opinions ot others.

Words of comfort whispered to the injured,
words of courage whispered to the scared,
words of encouragement whispered to a child,
words of love whispered to the sky.

Words have great power; use them wisely."
~ Phil
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, kevin, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, Strider1, theotherone
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#226233 1 year, 8 months ago
nycdave wrote:
A minor point here. Coolness is not determined by what (if any) music you like, what you wear, whether your hair is long of short, or even how often you shower. In 2006 Phil shared a few thoughts about internet communication and other stuff that seems to fit here, so at the risk of being sued for plagiarism, I will share them:

"Don't worry up your mind
People are sick and mean sometimes
They're only words
They're only words...

In the end, what we want or enjoy in life comes down to personal prefernces; the best and the bravest will always follow their own path in their listening, in their reading, in their thinking, without any concern for the opinions ot others.

Words of comfort whispered to the injured,
words of courage whispered to the scared,
words of encouragement whispered to a child,
words of love whispered to the sky.

Words have great power; use them wisely."
~ Phil

Amen! First post in this thread worth responding to. Thanks.
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#226241 1 year, 8 months ago
>>>the way people act on the internet, are rarely the way they act in person<<<

Ding Ding Ding

I really wanted to retire this moniker but it seems all my other names have been deleted.....WTF!!!

Thats ok, I can play under this name for a while I suppose.

You see, here's the deal.

Im sorry, but yes....it is fun to see folks get thier panties all in a bunch over some shit thrown around the board towards Bob. These guys (despite my name here) are NOT gods, only men. And although I DO feel that Bobby should be a bit more professional and less of a control freak, he's still a part of something I have enjoyed for over 25 years and I should cut him some slack. Fine.....I'll lay off Bob.

Deadheads have been fucking with deadheads since....well.....since the word deadhead was born. Multiple monikers, alter internet egos, fake web-sites.....its all part of it.

I'll never be a regular on here (I know, I know....a huge sigh from all of you) because its too much to one side. The Philzone (which I love) has become a platform for real hate. Folks that have met each other, danced at a show with each other, had eucharist together....will cut your throat in a heatbeat! Then there's this place, where if you state an opinion of a different color otherthan rainbow, you are considered not a real head. lol....that kills me, because after all these years, I thought there was only one qualification for that.

Not all deadheads are rainbow warriors, or nice ALL THE TIME, or not criticsizing of the music.

I enjoyed some of the responses on the Bobby thread.....but learned a good lesson. We are all (humans) pretty much the same. Just about every post, with the exception of a few, in trying to be kind and nice and whatever....ended thier post the same way. With either a fuck off....or philisgod is a fat slob, or gay or a faggot, retarrd...etc, etc, etc.

Funny really.

We just want peace around the world.....and if you dont stop fighting, we'll bomb your ass and kill your woman and children!!

A stretch??? I dont think so.

So.....

I'll go back to the rock from which I crawaled out under and leave you guys to be. I'll stop in every oncein a while though...ya know, to keep things real.

Later fluffers (which is sort of becoming a term of endearment for me)
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by philisgod.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226244 1 year, 8 months ago
philisgod wrote:
>>>the way people act on the internet, are rarely the way they act in person<<<

Ding Ding Ding

I really wanted to retire this moniker but it seems all my other names have been deleted.....WTF!!!

Thats ok, I can play under this name for a while I suppose.

You see, here's the deal.

Im sorry, but yes....it is fun to see folks get thier panties all in a bunch over some shit thrown around the board towards Bob. These guys (despite my name here) are NOT gods, only men. And although I DO feel that Bobby should be a bit more professional and less of a control freak, he's still a part of something I have enjoyed for over 25 years and I should cut him some slack. Fine.....I'll lay off Bob.

Deadheads have been fucking with deadheads since....well.....since the word deadhead was born. Multiple monikers, alter internet egos, fake web-sites.....its all part of it.

I'll never be a regular on here (I know, I know....a huge sigh from all of you) because its too much to one side. The Philzone (which I love) has become a platform for real hate. Folks that have met each other, danced at a show with each other, had eucharist together....will cut your throat in a heatbeat! Then there's this place, where if you state an opinion of a different color otherthan rainbow, you are considered not a real head. lol....that kills me, because after all these years, I thought there was only one qualification for that.

Not all deadheads are rainbow warriors, or nice ALL THE TIME, or not criticsizing of the music.

I enjoyed some of the responses on the Bobby thread.....but learned a good lesson. We are all (humans) pretty much the same. Just about every post, with the exception of a few, in trying to be kind and nice and whatever....ended thier post the same way. With either a fuck off....or philisgod is a fat slob, or gay or a faggot, retarrd...etc, etc, etc.

Funny really.

We just want peace around the world.....and if you dont stop fighting, we'll bomb your ass and kill your woman and children!!

A stretch??? I dont think so.

So.....

I'll go back to the rock from which I crawaled out under and leave you guys to be. I'll stop in every oncein a while though...ya know, to keep things real.

Later fluffers (which is sort of becoming a term of endearment for me)

I love you. Will you marry me?
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#226246 1 year, 8 months ago
Hell no!
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226250 1 year, 8 months ago
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am definitely not a fluffer. I wouldn't touch that stuff

Unknown.jpeg

Ok, ok I admit I had one of those peeps candies not too long ago, but not this
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226251 1 year, 8 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Hell no!

Oh come on. We would be good together. Don't play hard to get.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226255 1 year, 8 months ago
P.I.G. and Tony, with the power vested in me I now pronounce you cro magnon man and cro magnon man. You may club
your bride and drag them back to the cave

waytogocro.jpg
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226262 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
P.I.G. and Tony, with the power vested in me I now pronounce you cro magnon man and cro magnon man. You may club
your bride and drag them back to the cave

waytogocro.jpg

thank you. I'm sure we will make a fine couple.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#226277 1 year, 8 months ago
At the risk of losing friends out here, I would like to open a conversation with philisgod.
As a fellow pot stirrer, I have admiration for how you ply this craft. While lacking subtlety, you touched a nerve and drew out ire.
Some of what you say got me to thinking (a result of to much free time, the devils workshop as they say).
> I really wanted to retire this moniker but... These guys (despite my name here) are NOT gods, only men
Me: Instead of using an old moniker, how bout changing this one to philisgood. Who am I to give you a new name? Your call, just a suggestion.
> I'll go back to the rock from which I crawaled out under and leave you guys to be.
Me: Oh no, don't go. Just when we were having so much fun. One person here even wants to marry you, or at least go out drinking for one night. Everyone (whether they call themselves deadhead or not) has every right to voice an opinion about music we all like, people in the band, what a 'real' deadhead' is, unicorns, rainbows, whatever. Forum discussion states as a description: Topics not covered in other forums.
> The Philzone (which I love) has become a platform for real hate.
M: Don't we have enough platforms for real hate in this world? Love and hate are part of the human spectrum of emotions. Being aware of both is healthy. One, serves this bright blue ball (spinning free), in a healthier way. Just sayin'
> Then there's this place, where if you state an opinion of a different color other than rainbow, you are considered not a real head
M: There is a difference between having a musical conversation, and trash talking a musician. You have the right to do either, but by insulting a musician and then being insulted back, you prove that "We are all (humans) pretty much the same?" In scientific terminology, you are shaping an experiment to show that the results prove your theory.
> Not all deadheads are rainbow warriors, or nice ALL THE TIME, or not criticsizing of the music.
Me: Let's go to the dictionary for a definition:
Definition of DEADHEAD
1: one who has not paid for a ticket
2: a dull or stupid person
3: a partially submerged log

Back in the day, the more shows that people went to, the more they felt they had a right to complain about the band, the scene the price of tea in china, whatever. People who were just getting into the scene couldn't understand it. Familiarity breeds contempt. As for me, I like the partially submerged log definition the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philisgod
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#226287 1 year, 8 months ago
dude i am not vibing with the current price of tea in china. anybody else as outraged by this?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, Griff
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#226290 1 year, 8 months ago
It depends,in China the price of various tea may greatly differ from each other.Even in the same piece,their prices may be different extremely,such as Xinyang maoojian tea,abbreviated to XM tea.XM tea with super quality is 5600 yuan(approximate 1000 dollar)per kg.However,XM tea with worst quality is 900 yuan(approximate 130 dollar)per kg,so it is hard to say the interval of price of tea.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds