• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226134 1 year, 8 months ago
You come on so strong with that same sad song
Wherever you go
Run along, take your ball and go home
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226137 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
You come on so strong with that same sad song
Wherever you go
Run along, take your ball and go home


Give it up, 'cause you can't win
Let it go while you still can
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by captaintony.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226143 1 year, 8 months ago
Griff wrote:


And Wheelman, you are not in charge of saving anyone bro, but thanks for your efforts. Only God can draw a person to Him, though he can use earthly people for His cause.


I concur...

what greater aspiration can one hope to attain, than to be a worthy servant of GOD!
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1249

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226148 1 year, 8 months ago
Griff wrote:
Very strange commentary dudes.......people.......whatever you are.

Neither one of you got no rise out of me. I'll admit when I first joined this board last year I was "shocked" at some of the posts, only because I thought this place was filled with Deadheads, not dicks. So it caught me off gaurd.

Now, of course, I am jaded and have learned that the term "trollers" represents assholes who just want to get a rise out of people.

FWIW, it really is not that much fun or funny.

But to each his own.........which is a fundamental GD truth, and true of the world. Good luck.

And Wheelman, you are not in charge of saving anyone bro, but thanks for your efforts. Only God can draw a person to Him, though he can use earthly people for His cause.


I have to say, i found the "deadheads" not "dicks" line to laughable. No offense. But if you take a sample of a large number of "deadheads" you will find about the same type of people you do in most large samplings. Plenty of good and bad. Love, hate, greed, generosity, tolerance and intolerance, good vibes and bad. Geez take a look at this board. I dont doubt that many of the people i dont think i would be friends with here love the Dead. Means nothing about who they are. Shit when i cut my hair, shaved my beard, and got a little cleaner cut, i felt ostracized at shows like i am not enough of a "head" because i dont have long hair, a beard or god awful BO. Got over that a long time ago in my eary 20's but i still see it at shows. Oh i wont feed the trolls tho.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226155 1 year, 8 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
Griff wrote:
Very strange commentary dudes.......people.......whatever you are.

Neither one of you got no rise out of me. I'll admit when I first joined this board last year I was "shocked" at some of the posts, only because I thought this place was filled with Deadheads, not dicks. So it caught me off gaurd.

Now, of course, I am jaded and have learned that the term "trollers" represents assholes who just want to get a rise out of people.

FWIW, it really is not that much fun or funny.

But to each his own.........which is a fundamental GD truth, and true of the world. Good luck.

And Wheelman, you are not in charge of saving anyone bro, but thanks for your efforts. Only God can draw a person to Him, though he can use earthly people for His cause.


I have to say, i found the "deadheads" not "dicks" line to laughable. No offense. But if you take a sample of a large number of "deadheads" you will find about the same type of people you do in most large samplings. Plenty of good and bad. Love, hate, greed, generosity, tolerance and intolerance, good vibes and bad. Geez take a look at this board. I dont doubt that many of the people i dont think i would be friends with here love the Dead. Means nothing about who they are. Shit when i cut my hair, shaved my beard, and got a little cleaner cut, i felt ostracized at shows like i am not enough of a "head" because i dont have long hair, a beard or god awful BO. Got over that a long time ago in my eary 20's but i still see it at shows. Oh i wont feed the trolls tho.


BO? That's never been a problem. Haven't you ever heard of patchouli oil? The right tool for the right job I always say
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5578

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226162 1 year, 8 months ago
A few observations here:
Griff writes: I am jaded and have learned that the term "trollers" represents assholes who just want to get a rise out of people.
> Education is a good thing. See the "others look for fights" theorum from Professor Weir. My only question is why do people continually take the bait.
Griff writes: I thought this place was filled with Deadheads, not dicks.
> These terms may not be mutually exclusive. I had an old boss who once told me that just cause I think that something is funny doesn't mean that others do. He may have had a point.
Wheelman wrote: who's in charge of keeping civility on here?
> I like that one.
ATGrad wrote: Do you mean to tell me that people have multiple user names on this forum?
> Say it ain't so
Philisgod wrote: As I said in my thread, I'm retiring philisgod
> Nixon once said "you won't have me to kick around anymore." That was in 1962. Now that the multiple user secret is out, uh nevermind. One of the Merry Pranksters rules was Never Trust a Prankster.
Deadheads come in all shapes and sizes. If we include everyone in our tent, that means welcoming folks that "get under our skin", not just folks we like. With the ability to sit at home and type what one want's, people can and will do what they want. This may not always lead to positive results, but life is short. As Professer Robbie said "Take what you need and leave the rest."

Now for some critical stuff. Unlike some Deadheads, I really liked 'If the Shoe Fits." Written by Barbados musician Andrew Charles, it was originally titled Give It Up. While this song does not not fall under the peace luv why can't we all get along vibe, it can be viewed in different ways which leads to different meaning. Is the singer addressing himself or another or both. In any case, it is a good song and Phil should bring it back.
Note: If anyone is upset by this post, please address concerns to the people in charge of keeping civility here.
NFA
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1249

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226171 1 year, 8 months ago
ATG- yeah ive heard of it. But apparently many Furthur concert goers havent. Maybe i have bad luck, and as a wine specialist my nose is excellent, but many of the guys at these shows stink to high holy fucken hell. At MSG, i think the guys BO next to me was getting me higher than the drugs!
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226172 1 year, 8 months ago
nycdave wrote:
A few observations here:
Griff writes: I am jaded and have learned that the term "trollers" represents assholes who just want to get a rise out of people.
> Education is a good thing. See the "others look for fights" theorum from Professor Weir. My only question is why do people continually take the bait.
Griff writes: I thought this place was filled with Deadheads, not dicks.
> These terms may not be mutually exclusive. I had an old boss who once told me that just cause I think that something is funny doesn't mean that others do. He may have had a point.
Wheelman wrote: who's in charge of keeping civility on here?
> I like that one.
ATGrad wrote: Do you mean to tell me that people have multiple user names on this forum?
> Say it ain't so
Philisgod wrote: As I said in my thread, I'm retiring philisgod
> Nixon once said "you won't have me to kick around anymore." That was in 1962. Now that the multiple user secret is out, uh nevermind. One of the Merry Pranksters rules was Never Trust a Prankster.
Deadheads come in all shapes and sizes. If we include everyone in our tent, that means welcoming folks that "get under our skin", not just folks we like. With the ability to sit at home and type what one want's, people can and will do what they want. This may not always lead to positive results, but life is short. As Professer Robbie said "Take what you need and leave the rest."

Now for some critical stuff. Unlike some Deadheads, I really liked 'If the Shoe Fits." Written by Barbados musician Andrew Charles, it was originally titled Give It Up. While this song does not not fall under the peace luv why can't we all get along vibe, it can be viewed in different ways which leads to different meaning. Is the singer addressing himself or another or both. In any case, it is a good song and Phil should bring it back.
Note: If anyone is upset by this post, please address concerns to the people in charge of keeping civility here.
NFA


word.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226178 1 year, 8 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
ATG- yeah ive heard of it. But apparently many Furthur concert goers havent. Maybe i have bad luck, and as a wine specialist my nose is excellent, but many of the guys at these shows stink to high holy fucken hell. At MSG, i think the guys BO next to me was getting me higher than the drugs!



back in the day a combination of patchouli oil, clove cigarettes and kind bud would take care of most bo problems.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1249

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226185 1 year, 8 months ago
I guess, but doesnt a shower and deodorant also work? Call me old fashioned. Lol
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:840
Don't you see........

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226197 1 year, 8 months ago
You all are right, and I guess I just learned another lesson, there is not neccesarily a difference between Deadhead and dick. OUCH.

While rarely true these days, I can still be a bit of an idealist created in my youth. I like to think that all Deadheads are "cool", but the reality is that there is no truth in that. Sad.

I concur that not looking the part can get some strange looks from the crowd. I am bald, lost my hair in my early 20s, so I probably look like a cop. Clean shaven too. Dont stink (usually). I work in Risk Management. It seemingly keeps getting worse.......LOL.

Yet I am experienced (a euphemism of sorts, wink wink). And was so on Sun the 30th and really was enjoying dancing all weird by myself towards the back of the Aud. Yet could see and feel the strange looks. The bros and sistas with the dreads and oil smells were normal, and I was weird. Fortunately at age 46, I dont get care (much to the chagrin of my wife who thinks I am nuts, lol).

As long as you dont invade my space, I really dont care what you do or think.

Hey Wheelman, sorry to be a jerk if it sounded that way. We are kindred bro as you can tell. I just prefer the subtle to the more direct, yet know there is a place for both. Peace!!!
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226198 1 year, 8 months ago
no worries, Griff...

words on a message board, cant show inflection...
so it's easy for some to take things the wrong way..
in my experience...
the way people act on the internet, are rarely the way they act in person....

but i took no offense from your post anyway...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds