• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Too much hatred on the board yesterday for me

#226300 1 year, 9 months ago
deadegad wrote:
]

Hmmnnn. . . . Which one is the wife? On second thought. . .. I'm outta here!

With the power vested in me I offer you a coin to flip in order to make that determination
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226301 1 year, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
This site will always be a house of LOVE for me. There are MANY real kind folks here. I've attended a fair amount of live music and I've had the opportunity to shake my bones with many of you. And I am PROUD to say I now consider many of you to be my friend, and the love has expanded beyond shows. Some of us visit socially and yes, we love and care for each other. And there are other special people here that I have not yet met in person. But through the magic of the internet we too have become very good friends who help and we care for each other. A special shoutout to Paige and AmusingDeva, two very special people in my life who I have yet to meet. The love is real.

So use this site as you wish.

Whether you like Tony's posts or not (I love them myself) he is a fixture here. We are freaken deadheads. Many of us are off the wall. I understand cringing at what he says, but it is not said with hatred. It is said with love for us.

Nothing makes me smile like reading the zanyness here. But I sure understand WLewis and other cringing. Taken literally some is pretty fukin sick and distasteful. But it's said in jest, and with love. St least that's the way I read em.

Tony makes me laugh. Reading show reviews is fun. Reading something funny that makes me laugh or shake my head, that is what keeps me young, it keeps me going. Keeps the site fresh imo. Captain Tony is an artist, just twisted as heck.

And PS, I did not read anything on these boards for about a week, other than this thread. So I may be blindly speaking.

I am telling you, all we need, all we really need. Good LOVE.

Much good love to you Burt and anyone else I too may have offended in the past. I assure you when I post crude things it's meant to make people laugh, to take the edge off things. And sometimes I go too far. I am still learning. But a leopard cannot change his spots, I cannot change what I like or even what I say.

Group hug? I could use a good laugh (Uh oh)

hey thanks assface. Love ya. Mean it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#226306 1 year, 9 months ago
I can feel the luv here. Sure it is slightly twisted. ScFi it is nice to see you post again. You were missed on NYE. At least by this fellow dead-head NYC saint of circumstance. Hope that all is well and that u r hangin in there and all of that. When Tony offered to marry pig, I thought of u. Honest. Perhaps u would take it as a betrayal. I should have known better. Instead of acting like a sperned x-flame, u heaped nothing but praise on our good Captain. Where else but out here can we find and feel such positive vibs.
Let us all (even those who are not buying into this form of kind) toast SCFire for keeping our lamps trimmed and burning!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#226307 1 year, 9 months ago
i am not offended.

i am embarrassed by it. that stuff reflects on the community as a whole unfortunately.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226309 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i am not offended.

i am embarrassed by it. that stuff reflects on the community as a whole unfortunately.

Oh it does not. There is nothing out of hand on this board.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#226310 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am definitely not a fluffer. I wouldn't touch that stuff

Unknown.jpeg

Ok, ok I admit I had one of those peeps candies not too long ago, but not this

you ever try the Christmas fudge recipe on the fluff container?

that stuff is the best, could be made with white chocolate chips for white fudge also
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, Griff
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#226312 1 year, 9 months ago
captaintony wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i am not offended.

Oh it does not. There is nothing out of hand on this board.

never said there was man.

just embarrassing
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#226313 1 year, 9 months ago

Maybe we need two
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, mortimer
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226315 1 year, 9 months ago
Island Head wrote:

Talk about negative, read some of the comments on that video.

Nothing against you posting it Island Head
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#226317 1 year, 9 months ago
WLewis; 48 years after the start of this 'community,' to concern ourselves with stuff that reflects badly has almost been an after thought. The musicians responsibility is to play music. Hunter, Barlow and others have offered opinions about the "deadheads," one constant being that that they / we formed ourselves. Like any community, we have people with different ideas about how to behave. The good news is that aside from a desire to join, there is no 'standards of conduct.' Sure, that lets in a lot of folks. And leads to behavior that can give one pause. As a human being, should one be embarrased by how other human beings behave?
If one wants to deride any community, one can show people misbehaving in that community then state that this behavior is indicative of how people act in that community. This leads to xenophobia. I understand peoples desire to have a homogeneous sceen, a positive place where people respect each other and get along. Grace Slick noted that some folks tried that in the late 60's only to find that people are not put together to do that. As for me, I can see people being positive, showing others respect, acting crude, doing dumb things, spurning fleeting matters, and having fun. That is not all bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds