• Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: I Really Wish I WAS A HEADLIGHT ;)

#225783 1 year, 9 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Lets see....

Private Second Class Tony:

First you imply that being gay is an insult.

Then you go on some rant about shooting masses of people and getting away with it (which btw is sortah creepy).

Then you call me a retard, totally insulting an entire group of people that havent been blessed like you or I.

Yup....you're a real piece of shit.

Well, this has been fun but I need to go pick up my husband. We're huge Notre Dame haters and need to get ready for the game.

Later fluffers!!

excuse me, but could you just go fuck yourself?
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: I Really Wish I WAS A HEADLIGHT ;)

#225784 1 year, 9 months ago
captaintony wrote:
sorry eco.

order.jpg
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by ecojaded.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: I Really Wish Bobby Would Just Hang It Up Already!

#225792 1 year, 9 months ago
philisgod wrote:
OZA please.....being drunk on stage is a fucking disgrace!!!

And this cut him a break shit, its Bob Fucking Weir is a god damn joke!!

Phil and Friends blows furthur out of the god damn water.....and anyone worth thier salt agrees with that. Being a legend does not give you the right to take my dollars, show up on stage fucking bombed, fuck up the show, then expect forgiveness becuse of who you are.

Most of Bob's song suck the big one.....with the exception of a few, like TOO, LLR, WRS. But what? Me and my fucking Uncle? Barlow was nothing compared to Hunter in my eyes. PL&F have pchodelia to their sound, they rock.....furthur is nothing more than an over paid lounge act.

I hope that goof retires and deals with his senility with grace and dignity. Rather than making a fool out of himself and taking the fans for idiots.

If your knowledge of grateful dead songwriting is any indication of your love for the music you may want to rethink some of your major life decisions in the last 30 years. me and my uncle was john Phillips from the mamas and papas not weir or Barlow. At least know what youre talking about before trying to be an intentional dumbass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OZA
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#225835 1 year, 9 months ago
This name calling is really not very appealing. Can't we do better than that?

Someone could enter this forum and make the case that Bob Weir is not cutting the mustard, and would that be wrong?
If you can make a valid argument then I suppose you have a right to. I don't believe that is in violation of the terms of use
on this forum. But to just spout off half cocked might indicate you are in need of attention. Besides we know after years and years that anyone can have an off night. It helps to be able to see past that and have faith the next night can be one for the record books.

Right now the sheriff is on your trail. In order to continue using this forum I think it will be necessary for you to learn to humanely saddle your unicorn and get in step.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#225839 1 year, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
philisgod wrote:

Phil and Friends blows furthur out of the god damn water.....and anyone worth thier salt agrees with that. Being a legend does not give you the right to take my dollars, show up on stage fucking bombed, fuck up the show, then expect forgiveness becuse of who you are.

Most of Bob's song suck the big one.....with the exception of a few, like TOO, LLR, WRS. But what? Me and my fucking Uncle? Barlow was nothing compared to Hunter in my eyes. PL&F have pchodelia to their sound, they rock.....furthur is nothing more than an over paid lounge act.

I hope that goof retires and deals with his senility with grace and dignity. Rather than making a fool out of himself and taking the fans for idiots.

If your knowledge of grateful dead songwriting is any indication of your love for the music you may want to rethink some of your major life decisions in the last 30 years. me and my uncle was john Phillips from the mamas and papas not weir or Barlow. At least know what youre talking about before trying to be an intentional dumbass.

Word.

"Bob's song suck the big one"??? I wish I wrote Greatest Story Ever Told, Playing in The Band, Cassidy, and Lazy Lightning to name a few.

A couple thoughts:
-Most lyricists pale compared to Hunter. Actually, they all do. Hunter is the man.

-Weir is the most under rated guitarist. The cool licks on the intro to Terrapin is played by Weir, take out Weir's part and Terrapin's intro sounds empty and not very interesting. Same with the intro to China Cat. Almost all the cool guitar licks during a Garcia song when Jerry was singing were played by Weir, as Jerry was just strumming the chords while he sang. The GD would have been a very different band without Weir's unique guitar work.

-"show up on stage fucking bombed, fuck up the show, then expect forgiveness because of who you are" this could easily be said about Garcia during some years. 92-95 had some truly fucked up shows. The last 2 shows I saw in 95 he was "so incredibly high" as he sang in Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds. The rest of the band attempted to carry the show

-I like Phil and Friends. I think Warren is a great guitarist, but let's be real, how many truly great memorable songs did he write? Soulshine is a great one. The songs he co-wrote with Betts were good, but Betts was a great, great songwriter. Same with Herring, great player, but where's the inventiveness and the writing??

-I can't believe I'm actually responding to a troll
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#225842 1 year, 9 months ago
BillyDeLion wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
philisgod wrote:

Word.

"Bob's song suck the big one"??? I wish I wrote Greatest Story Ever Told, Playing in The Band, Cassidy, and Lazy Lightning to name a few.

A couple thoughts:
-Most lyricists pale compared to Hunter. Actually, they all do. Hunter is the man.

-Weir is the most under rated guitarist. The cool licks on the intro to Terrapin is played by Weir, take out Weir's part and Terrapin's intro sounds empty and not very interesting. Same with the intro to China Cat. Almost all the cool guitar licks during a Garcia song when Jerry was singing were played by Weir, as Jerry was just strumming the chords while he sang. The GD would have been a very different band without Weir's unique guitar work.

-"show up on stage fucking bombed, fuck up the show, then expect forgiveness because of who you are" this could easily be said about Garcia during some years. 92-95 had some truly fucked up shows. The last 2 shows I saw in 95 he was "so incredibly high" as he sang in Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds. The rest of the band attempted to carry the show

-I like Phil and Friends. I think Warren is a great guitarist, but let's be real, how many truly great memorable songs did he write? Soulshine is a great one. The songs he co-wrote with Betts were good, but Betts was a great, great songwriter. Same with Herring, great player, but where's the inventiveness and the writing??

-I can't believe I'm actually responding to a troll

Don't think of it as replying to a troll, but as a means of recognizing and giving thanks.

You're right about Bobby's guitar work. I'll always remember an article in Musician magazine, Nov. '81 where Bob was called the "atypical rhythym guitarist". He's never fully received the credit due because he played in the shadows of one of the greatest (I say he's the greatest, but it's open to argument).

It's a widely known fact that Barlow said Robert Hunter wrote the most 'Dead-like' lyrics. I might be paraphrasing, but that is in
essence what he said.

I will take issue with you on the notion that the coolest guitar licks on Jerry sung-songs were Bobby's. The coolest licks were when Jerry stopped singing and played those leads.

Regardless, Bobby's contributions aren't open to question, and he remains a vital component in producing the sound. If he wasn't I don't think Phil would be wasting his time.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#225843 1 year, 9 months ago
captaintony wrote:
philisgod wrote:
>>>obviously philisgod is some overweight slob<<<

Thats all you got?

Bwaaaaahaaaaaa......

You furthur fluffers fucking slay me!!

Now why dont you all go listen to a nice El Paso to rock out on. lol

You want a fucking war, buddy, bring it on bitch! I could care less that you hate Bob Weir, all I want is your sweet ass. you sound like you want the big wiener and while my junk might not be horse like, it can definitely knock the face right off your head. I getting excited thinking about it! I can feel my fingers running through that toupee of yours, we'll do it right, fire up a little Marvin Gaye and I'll dress you up like a stewardess. Ooo la la.

My money is on Uncle T in this war

I don't post as much as I used to, but it's really messed up that:

A) such a hateful person take the time to type such nonsensical BS
B)it was posted by a lazy phish kid troll with nothing positive to contribute
C) Anyone gives a fuck what this loser has to say

I love me some grilled Cheezy Bobby Weird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- smell every flower --
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#225855 1 year, 9 months ago
I want to make just one point in this ridiculous thread.
When did "being intoxicated onstage become a crime?

1. For Phil is god- You do realize Phil refers to the 80's as the Heineken years. He was imbibing every show.
2. You might as well not listen to any GD ..the whole band was intoxicated on something every show (if you count weed).
Nah Garcia & Weir & Lesh & Kreutzmann & Hart played sober!!!!!
3. Don't listen to any JGB post 76 or so Jerry was on smack & coke every show.
4. Don't bother listening to Jimi Hendrix Live...
5. Don't Bother listening to Janis Joplin Live...
6. Don't bother listening to Led Zeppelin Live
7. Don't bother listening to the Who live.
8. Don't bother listening to the Stones Live.
9. You must really hate Pigpen ... he was hammered at every show he was a part of.

I prefer my "rock stars" partying... it helps the creativity.. sober rockers suck.
( oh and before someone jumps in with Jerry nodding at the mic some shows.. killing himself with H.. I am not talking about H it sux.... the rest ..........

Um its sex, drugs, and rock n roll. Not necessarily in that order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, pink11
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#225856 1 year, 9 months ago
Hi PHILISGOD,
I am new to this social networking- just bored tonight while football is on in other room- but I see it can get very nasty! Surprised to see that on a deadhead site. Perhaps you were just spewing venom to get a rise, and I see it is working. I should refrain from taking the bait, but I love Bob so WTF. My brother has a saying about opinions- anyway, I know I am preaching to the choir here but I live for Rock & Roll and Bob is the real deal. You know it in your soul if a musician delivers, like Johnny Thunders, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, The Band in their day and Bob Dylan. I would not be surprised if you don't like Dylan either. Many people don't. My (raver) buddy at the new years show complained about Bob's voice on Day's Between when I thought it was exceptionally awesome and filled with rare passion. I did literally see hundreds of Grateful Dead shows and Bob's voice I think is now amazing. Get the tape from Boca Raton Florida and listen to the Death Don't Have no Mercy. I never heard him sound like that with the Dead. EXTRAORDINARY! Also was fortunate to see his solo acoustic shows in Knoxville, TN. and Hershey PA. and the boy put out. Weir is amazing! You complain about him taking your money- WOW- he is so generous and giving- all of those free shows from TRI and benefits he is part of. Technically, I don't know and I don't care- I don't analyze music, I feel music, and it is real or not. Rarely it is real- but Bob is, and grown finer with age. I don't care if musicians are drunk or stoned as long as they deliver- Often I think shows are better when band is buzzed. I'm grateful for Bob. We are really lucky.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#225894 1 year, 9 months ago
Phil is god, all i can say is you have a right to express yourself and you have.

And im proud of all the fellow fluffers as you put it responded and at least tried to educate you in the ways of being a real head. Some people get it and maybe after you grow up and learn the definition you will to.

I guess you claim that maybe you had a bad day or that you had to much of that new bath salt called we hate bobby.

Hating on someone who is in part responsible for the music we all love makes as much sense as well hating yourself.

And i dont think anyone cares if your gay or not i havent seen the homophobia you speak of
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
avettsister
Junior Boarder

#225915 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey philisgod, Sounds like you have issues. Small penis perhaps? Anyhoo...here's my opinion on this. Buying ticekts to a show is a gamble. We all have missed "THAT" show by a day or two. Some shows are AMAZING and some shows can be just "EH" (very few) It's like when you buy a ticket to a ball game. Sometimes your favorite pitcher gets yanked in the 4th inning and other times you see a gem. Or when you go to a resturaunt and leave thinking I should of just stayed home and had a peanutbutter and jelly becuse it was so bad. There are no guarantees that your hard earned money will be well spent. If you feel that strongly, why do you go and take that gamble?, For me personally it's not JUST about the music anymore. It's about shopping before the show for handmade items from artists all over the country. Buying a delicious buarrito from a friendly hippie, or making friends w/ people that happen to be parked next to me. Dancing on a lawn under the stars and running into old buddies etc... I always still find the magic at shows. Maybe you need to be more open minded and not be so critical. If Bobby forgets some lyrics, who cares? That could never ruin my night or make me feel like anyone was taking my money. Also did you ever think he's not "hanging it up" because of his love for us? I have.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#225920 1 year, 9 months ago
Lol
The voices tell me what to say
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds