• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Grateful Dead - pick a year

#225419 1 year, 9 months ago
Take me back to 1971 please!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#225420 1 year, 9 months ago
July 89 - July 90 Sweet sweet music
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#225424 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm going with 85. I would love to see Brent. 79 would be great also.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#225444 1 year, 9 months ago
Love the 80's , would have to go with 89.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#225451 1 year, 9 months ago
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#225456 1 year, 9 months ago
Can't pick just one year or era and enjoy listening to each lineup, there are lots of gems out there.

All of the 1969 Fillmore West shows and the 8/27/72 show sure would delightful to attend, but there are oh so many more.

Doesn't matter what era is your favorite, go pick up a copy of Fillmore West 1969 [3 Disc Box] and seek out a copy of the film Sunshine Daydream and you'll see/hear what I mean. The Complete Recordings from Fillmore West 1969 were put out as a limited release of 10,000 back in 2005 which sold out in pre-sale. 8/27/72 has yet to surface as an official release but it will someday for sure.

Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#225457 1 year, 9 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
Can't pick just one year or era and enjoy listening to each lineup, there are lots of gems out there.

All of the 1969 Fillmore West shows and the 8/27/72 show sure would delightful to attend, but there are oh so many more.

Doesn't matter what era is your favorite, go pick up a copy of Fillmore West 1969 [3 Disc Box] and seek out a copy of the film Sunshine Daydream and you'll see/hear what I mean. The Complete Recordings from Fillmore West 1969 were put out as a limited release of 10,000 back in 2005 which sold out in pre-sale. 8/27/72 has yet to surface as an official release but it will someday for sure.

If I'm not mistaken Lemieux said there isn't a sbd of 8/27/72, so it can't be released.

1969 was certainly a great year.

As far as personal preference, I'll take 1970. To see accoustic/electric Dead plus NRPS would be the bomb. '73 is a close second.

For the years I was active, '82 for sure. Caught my 2nd-5th shows logging about 2,500 miles doing so and let me tell you
those were the days!
DigiGal
Senior Boarder

#225468 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

If I'm not mistaken Lemieux said there isn't a sbd of 8/27/72, so it can't be released.

I was actually told by those that know that the holdup is that Rhino holds the audio rights but doesn't hold the rights for the film.

A combo DVD/HDCD and/or Blu-Ray Disc release would probably be the goal with this.

Don't forget "New Riders of the Purple Sage 8/27/72 Veneta Oregon" performance has been released on CD. This release came from the Original 16-Track Reels.

Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by DigiGal.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#225469 1 year, 9 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

I was actually told by those that know that the holdup is that Rhino holds the audio rights but doesn't hold the rights for the film.

A combo DVD/HDCD and/or Blu-Ray Disc release would probably be the goal with this.

Don't forget "New Riders of the Purple Sage 8/27/72 Veneta Oregon" performance has been released on CD. This release came from the Original 16-Track Reels.

Not disputing your sources, but seriously, if it were possible to release this officially I think it would have been done
a long time ago as this is in everyones top 10 of all time. I've had a 100th generation cassette of this for 30 years which
I listened to hundreds of times. One only need watch the video you posted to see what a great day it was.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#225470 1 year, 9 months ago
there are a few different SBD sources for 8/27/72...

gd72-08-27.008045.sbd.serafin.sbefail.t-flac16.
gd72-08-27.16582.sbd.braverman.sbeok.t-flac16.
gd72-08-27.21619.sbd.bertha-ashley.sbeok.t-flac16.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by MushroomMan.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#225472 1 year, 9 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
there are a few different SBD sources for 8/27/72...

gd72-08-27.008045.sbd.serafin.sbefail.t-flac16.
gd72-08-27.16582.sbd.braverman.sbeok.t-flac16.
gd72-08-27.21619.sbd.bertha-ashley.sbeok.t-flac16.

the audio on the Sunshine Daydream video we've all watched is actually quite good. It's renowned and a favorite. Heck, I'm watching the vid right now for the umpteenth time. I just don't know why it wouldn't have already been released.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder

#225475 1 year, 9 months ago
[quote="AcidTestGraduate" post=225469]DigiGal wrote:

Not disputing your sources, but seriously, if it were possible to release this officially I think it would have been done
a long time ago as this is in everyones top 10 of all time. I've had a 100th generation cassette of this for 30 years which
I listened to hundreds of times. One only need watch the video you posted to see what a great day it was.

Think about it how can Rhino release the video if they don't hold the film rights, I fully trust the source. Last year was the 40th Anniversary that would have been nice for timing but it could and should happen eventually because yea it's got to be one of the most requested releases of all times. An audio only release could happen but that would be less than ideal compared to what could be delivered if the rights can ever be secured for the film.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds