• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#238435 1 year, 7 months ago
Woo-Hoo! Just checked in for the flight to Denver tonight. Hope its not too snowy for the drive from the airport after 11:00 pm.....

I have not had much time for the board lately but look forward to seeing and meeting so many FFF this weekend! Travel safely everyone!

Now to get through the work day today when I can't even sit still....

MajorBojangles wrote:
I got the wookie flu after going on Jam Cruise last month. I hope thats like getting a wookie flu shot. Good luck to everyone traveling in the next 36 hours!

I got the wookie flu from New Years and have not been 100% well since then. Still battling a recurring bacterial ear infection that has now made my lymph nodes swelled up to the point where they are noticeable.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by amusingdeva.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#238437 1 year, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
At this point I'm not sure I'll make it anymore....

Snow is expected to fall through Kansas all day tomorrow til midnight. They are predicting at least a foot and with terrible driving conditions. I'm freaking out and my friend is who driving is freaking out too. We don't know what to do.

This just sucks

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#238439 1 year, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Snow is expected to fall through Kansas all day tomorrow til midnight. They are predicting at least a foot and with terrible driving conditions. I'm freaking out and my friend is who driving is freaking out too. We don't know what to do.

This just sucks

Is it too late to hop on an airplane friday?

I-80 looks like it may be a little better but not sure how far out of the way that is. Or hop in your car and start driving now..

Dang that sucks furthurflower. You could make it through the storm if you have a decent car but it would take twice as long...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#238440 1 year, 7 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
hey julie, er, stranger. looking to tour around boulder saturday as well. I will have a car.

Hell yea. I think some folks want to go to "Snooze" for breakfast . I'm thinking Saturday since it suppose to be around 50. Cast your votes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#238441 1 year, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

This just sucks

Em, I just feel terrible for you!!! Staying safe is definitely the most important thing, but I hope you can make it out. At least it's all interstate driving, and that will be the first thing cleared out, so maybe it will be passable by Thursday evening??? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you go for it if it's possible. Heck, even making it in Saturday for two shows wouldn't be bad at all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238442 1 year, 7 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Woo-Hoo! Just checked in for the flight to Denver tonight. Hope its not too snowy for the drive from the airport after 11:00 pm.....

I have not had much time for the board lately but look forward to seeing and meeting so many FFF this weekend! Travel safely everyone!

Supposed to start snowing pretty good around 7pm but it will take awhile for it to stick to the road since it's been pretty warm.. take care! See you at the ogden
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#238443 1 year, 7 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:

I hope the day goes quickly and the travel is easy! I'm looking forward to seeing you again this weekend!! Where are you staying?
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238444 1 year, 7 months ago
stranger - are you going to make it to the ogden?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#238446 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I have to go into work saturday for a few hours and I work very close to oskar blues. Their beer is pretty good but the food is amazing. Lefthand brewery is right down the street as well.

Is DSO providing music in the parking lot?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
MajorBojangles
Junior Boarder

#238447 1 year, 7 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
I got the wookie flu from New Years and have not been 100% well since then. Still battling a recurring bacterial ear infection that has now made my lymph nodes swelled up to the point where they are noticeable.

I had a nasty ear infection myself that just cleared up a week ago. It's really awful to not be able to stand without a terrible headache. Luckily I'm well enough to bring my dancing shoes.
If you get confused, listen to the music play
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#238448 1 year, 7 months ago
Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

Just booked in to my flight as well with my bro. Bumped to 1st class, YAY!! But no drinking too much we will be landing in the storm and need to drive to the hotel. Hopefully I will get a SUV. I did not book one but I get one in Den about 90% of the time when I get to my "choose a car" aisle.

Deva - I land about 11 PM too. Are you on an Alaska Airlines flight perhaps?????

Just looked at the national NOAA radar. Certainly weather in the OK and KS and you can see the other storm in AZ headed towards CO.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Good luck FurtherFlower))))))))))))))))))))

Looks like my mountains will have a little new snow when I get home on Sunday. Take a look at this forecast:

A STRONG FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL REACH THE AREA ON FRIDAY WITH HEAVY
SNOW LIKELY OVER THE MOUNTAINS. THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE
EXPECTED OVER THE NORTH CASCADES WHERE ONE TO TWO FEET OF SNOW IS
POSSIBLE BY SATURDAY MORNING. THE OLYMPICS AND CENTRAL CASCADES
COULD ALSO GET A FOOT OR MORE BY SATURDAY MORNING.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#238449 1 year, 7 months ago
em get in the car and drive. go go go. i will set you guys up with a place to crash tonight in boulder. GO NOW!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds