• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#225555 1 year, 9 months ago
I was thinking right after I posted this that it was kind of lame to post in a roll call thread!

Thanks again everyone

And kevin - I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. My mom was only 67 as well. It's so very very hard..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#225557 1 year, 9 months ago
Wundurland wrote:
Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
― Mitch Albom

I've only ever lost one person who was close to me. At times the reality of that loss and the empty space in my life comes on so fresh and raw I can barely breathe, as if some invisible hand is mercilessly pressing on my chest. It doesn't seem fair that the only thing certain in life, the only thing we can truly count on, is death (and taxes, right?). Accepting this does not make it any easier. In fact, it makes me fear even more the inevitable losses to come, including leaving this world myself. I can't imagine a better place than this, and have no faith necessarily that there is something after this life. Yet, I think if we use this knowledge to prompt us to truly aspire to be present in our lives, not hold anything back, and look in to the eyes of our loved ones and attempt to see their souls, love will be paramount-not fear or sadness or anger. Having loved and been loved in return keeps those people with us.

Alison
Great post, when we were at Pigpen's grave I noticed you in a sad reflective moment, were you thinking about your loss?
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#225582 1 year, 9 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
Wundurland wrote:
Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
― Mitch Albom

I've only ever lost one person who was close to me. At times the reality of that loss and the empty space in my life comes on so fresh and raw I can barely breathe, as if some invisible hand is mercilessly pressing on my chest. It doesn't seem fair that the only thing certain in life, the only thing we can truly count on, is death (and taxes, right?). Accepting this does not make it any easier. In fact, it makes me fear even more the inevitable losses to come, including leaving this world myself. I can't imagine a better place than this, and have no faith necessarily that there is something after this life. Yet, I think if we use this knowledge to prompt us to truly aspire to be present in our lives, not hold anything back, and look in to the eyes of our loved ones and attempt to see their souls, love will be paramount-not fear or sadness or anger. Having loved and been loved in return keeps those people with us.

Alison
Great post, when we were at Pigpen's grave I noticed you in a sad reflective moment, were you thinking about your loss?

Thank you. I'm a sponge. No, I noticed two people at a grave just a ways down from us and one was wailing uncontrollably. It just tugged at my heart strings. We were having such a great day and chatting happily at Pigpen's grave and the shock of hearing that person in such misery messed with me.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
Cosmic Arkie
Junior Boarder

#225664 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man,

Condolences to you and your family. You are in our thoughts and prayers and cared about by all who know you...
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#225675 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
wlewis wrote:
all 4 SOLO

no brainer ehh?

I'm looking to take thursday and friday off so I have more free time. If you fly in wednesday evening or thursday I can get you from the airport if you need a ride man..

i am flying into denver around 6 on the 20th. my plan was to take a bus to my friends house in boulder. it takes a while but it works. i was gonna take a bus from there to downtown the next afternoon. another long ride but it's available. i know how out of the way DIA is.

Where in Boulder does your friend live?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#225676 1 year, 9 months ago
Sorry to hear of your loss. Let me know if there is something I can do for you. Stay strong brother.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#225677 1 year, 9 months ago
[quote="Cosmic Arkie" post=225329]Denver Man wrote:
Ok here we go again!! I could make a pretty good guess at who is going but if you want, post on this thread and I'll start a list. I'm sure there will be side excursions as well

Thursday 2/21 Ogden Theatre

1. Denver Man
2. wlewis
3. Griff (+2)
4. perry
5. hastoloverush
6. Cosmic Arkie

Friday 2/22 1st Bank Center

1. Denver Man
2. wlewis
3. SunshineSue
4. Griff (+2)
5. Warlock
6. hastoloverush
7. Cosmic Arkie

Saturday 2/23 1st Bank Center

1. Denver Man
2. wlewis
3. SunshineSue
4. Griff (+2)
5. Warlock
6. hastoloverush
7. Cosmic Arkie

Sunday 2/24 1st Bank Center

1. Denver Man
2. wlewis
3. SunshineSue
4. perry
5. Warlock
6. hastoloverush
7. Cosmic Arkie

I'm in for all three FBC shows, + hopefully have an Ogden waiting for me.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#225679 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Hi friends,

I will update the list asap. My morning was turned upside down today learning my mom passed away last night. She had a surgery done on her neck the day we got back from SF, was recovering at home but never woke up this morning. I think I'm going to puke and this damn flu isn't helping.

Love and light to all...

I am so sorry for your loss , I lost my mom who was only 52 almost my age now back in 92 to cancer , I feel your grief and time will heal never completelty becaise you will always miss her but know she will always be there watching you from above ...
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#225680 1 year, 9 months ago
sorry for your loss, denver man...remember: no one is ever truly gone as long as you have a way to remember them

i'm in for saturday night...flying into denver in the morning, staying overnight in broomfield after the show, then leaving sunday morning for a week of skiing...stoke-o-meter is starting to move
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#225683 1 year, 9 months ago
A friend and I are renting a car and arriving Friday for all three Broomfield shows!!!! We are sooo excited!!!

Where is everyone staying at? I have a room booked at the Drury Inn and at Springhill Suites.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#225685 1 year, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
A friend and I are renting a car and arriving Friday for all three Broomfield shows!!!! We are sooo excited!!!

Where is everyone staying at? I have a room booked at the Drury Inn and at Springhill Suites.

I have a room at the Aloft that I'm probably dropping and a room at the Drury because I thought that's where you were staying. Let me know if I need to change!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#225687 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm staying at the Drury
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds