• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#238217 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Well if I had Thurs and Fri off like I originally intended, then I wouldn't care one bit about the weather. It's just the thought of working Thurs and then trying to get dowtown in snow in rush hour traffic that makes me cringe. The weekend should be fine. As for the family health issue, it is dire, defintely not unexpected but still hard. I know the healing power these shows will bring, I just need to get there!!

Hang in there, I know full well the last minute foobars that seem to hitting a lot of folks. Good vibes for you and your family!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Coloartist
Junior Boarder

#238218 1 year, 7 months ago
I have some half price tickets to Keystone/ABasin/Breck I could donate, Griff.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Coloartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#238229 1 year, 7 months ago
Phred wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Well if I had Thurs and Fri off like I originally intended, then I wouldn't care one bit about the weather. It's just the thought of working Thurs and then trying to get dowtown in snow in rush hour traffic that makes me cringe. The weekend should be fine. As for the family health issue, it is dire, defintely not unexpected but still hard. I know the healing power these shows will bring, I just need to get there!!

Hang in there, I know full well the last minute foobars that seem to hitting a lot of folks. Good vibes for you and your family!

Thanks man. Good vibes to you too. Hope to run into you at the Ogden. Since it is supposed to be butt ass cold I say we just meet up inside. It'll be easy to find people inside!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#238233 1 year, 7 months ago
G-FreeMountainAward.JPG

Coloartist wrote:
I have some half price tickets to Keystone/ABasin/Breck I could donate, Griff.

This is the EXACT reason I like to hang out on this board and chat with you all good folks. Appreciate the love Coloartist!!!!

So I continue to get seemingly slower as I get older. LOL. Just like Bobby said at last week's Weir Wednesday "it goes as you get older kids"........or something to that effect.

I can actually get half price tickets too. DUH!!!! I am a Level III Certified instructor with PSIA, though for the last 13 yars have been on the Alumni list and not an Active instructor. However this year I decided to become Active again as I coaching my 16 year old son in Free Mountain skiing competitons and Ski Shot 8 Freeride Team. So I called and can get 1/2 price ticks at the window, so I am all good. But thanks again!!!!!

Hey, for all of skiers, you might like this vid. This is my son skiing in the Junior Freeskiing Tour (JFT) at Crystal Mountain here in WA state. This was his second run of the day and it was scored the highest by the judges. It's not very clear as it was taken on my I Phone, but still pretty cool. Especially the end where he jumps off a 45 foot cliff.

sdrv.ms/WwAmBM

Be sure to turn down the sound as I yell kind of loud when he hits the big jump. Funny thing too I was actually down at the bottom texting up to him about the lines skiers were taking. Told him his line was clear and to go for it. So I literally told him to jump off a 45 foot cliff. LOL. Yet.........I knew he could do it and have been watching him do that kind of stuff since he 6 yars old.

He ended up winning the Free Mountain Award for the best 2 days of skiing. And a new pair of skis and boots. Nice!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238235 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^ Wow nice!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#238236 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^^Wow, now that's quite a run!! Looks like you've got a real competitor on your hands. But I'm glad you're used to seeing him do a jump like that, because it almost gave me a stroke and it's not even my kid!!

It's snowing hard here, but it's not so bad now that I'm inside looking out at it with some hot cider.
seveallday
Fresh Boarder

#238253 1 year, 7 months ago
Safe travels to all. Can't wait two days away!!!
All night pouring but not a drop on me
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#238265 1 year, 7 months ago
(give me good weather for flying give me good weather for flying give me good weather for flying....)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warlock, SunshineSue, mcolleen, Griff, bambamcdn, Barefoot Mountain Mama
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238274 1 year, 7 months ago
it's not supposed to start snowing until Wednesday night/thursday morning ....
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238275 1 year, 7 months ago
And it would have to be a hell of a storm for the airport to be overly impacted
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#238277 1 year, 7 months ago
I feel a little better now that I got friday off. Will have to work a little bit on Saturday as a trade off but that's ok.. now just need to be sure I book out of work early on thursday
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefoot Mountain Mama
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#238278 1 year, 7 months ago
I have already mentally checked out of work: my mind is in the Rockies. Just one more day left & then we get to dance & party withthe FFF!!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds