• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#237094 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, I've gotta head to St. Louis before the long leg of the trip. Leaving tuesday!!!
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#237097 1 year, 6 months ago
Had a couple days from hell that put a damper on our anticipation. All is well...I am ready to PAR-TAY!!!
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#237101 1 year, 6 months ago
As long as everything is all good now, just think of it as a distraction from the waiting. Like going to sleep early on x mas eve!
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#237238 1 year, 6 months ago
So Saturday is officially sold out! If anyone needs or has a friend that needs an extra, Ive got that extra.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#237276 1 year, 6 months ago
Barefoot Mountain Mama wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I haven't even started thinking about packing yet but I feel I'm all ready! One week from today I will be riding down I-70 to Colorado!!!!

The beauty of St Louis is, it's a straight shot. Safe travels!

Yup don't need no road map!!!! Thank you see you next week!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefoot Mountain Mama
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#237282 1 year, 6 months ago
Yay!!! Less then a week away!!!

So, this is an El Nino winter. Which can have varied results. Here in the PNW is usually means a mild, dry winter.........yet this year the El Nino affect has been more of roller coasting snow levels then dry and mild. We have gotten precip, but unlike the last 3 years of La Nina where it has remained cool and we had tons, and I mean tons of snow and great powder skiing from Jan 1 to April 30th (no joke), this year we get snow then rain then snow then rain. El Nino.

Another trait of El Nino is more southernly flow of the storm track in to CA and CO/NM. CA has gotten some snow but a lot of mild and dry (like we should be getting) and only Southern CO and NM has gotten the snow. And some great snow. That last storm cycle just last week left like 50 inches. Nice, wish I was there.

Either way, the season snow totals in the Rockies are scary. Copper shows like 78" so far this season. On the flip side, one of my local areas shows 325" so far this season (skiing there tomorrow for a Freeride Comp for my son).

Yet, it sounds like they have gotten enough for some nice decent skiing. I can't wait to hit Copper next Thursday and Fri. And don't plan on going Sat per all the comments about how bad the traffic is. OUCH!!

And why can't we have a little snow this week in Denver to add a little spice to the event???? LOL.
Phred
Senior Boarder

#237288 1 year, 6 months ago
Griff wrote:

So, this is an El Nino winter.

Actually, not an El Nino winter. The Climate Prediction Center canceled that back in December when the forecast Pacific warming failed to occur. Re. the mountains....actually had some decent snow the past week or so. I was up last weekend and it was good to very good. Of course they can always use more...nothing like freshies to keep the fun going.

As for snow here along the Front Range --- the latest models are showing the potential for a good snow event here by Thursday. Of course, as DM has pointed out, the weather forecasters here are notoriously wrong. Best advice if you are coming: keep watching for the latest updates and prepare for anything.
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#237311 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, if this dry winter keeps up, this summer will make last years' fires look pretty tame, and that's....sad.
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#237312 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Unless we have a miracle/record setting snowfall this spring, the mountains will surely burn down this summer. With the majority of the pine trees on the front range infested with those damn bark beetles, it could be a hell of a blaze

Sadly you are correct. Im holding out hope that last year's fires will save my little neck of the woods this year. Most folks I know remain prepared to bug out on a moments notice. I continue to do the snow dance & shake my rain stick daily. It's shaping up to be a brutal season. Where the hell is that El Nino we were promised????

Where do you live?

Just outside of metropolitan Conifer.

Conifer is gorgeous. I almost bought a house in Evergreen last year, but decided to stay closer to work and get something in Denver.
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#237314 1 year, 6 months ago
Phred wrote:
Griff wrote:

So, this is an El Nino winter.

Actually, not an El Nino winter. The Climate Prediction Center canceled that back in December when the forecast Pacific warming failed to occur. Re. the mountains....actually had some decent snow the past week or so. I was up last weekend and it was good to very good. Of course they can always use more...nothing like freshies to keep the fun going.

As for snow here along the Front Range --- the latest models are showing the potential for a good snow event here by Thursday. Of course, as DM has pointed out, the weather forecasters here are notoriously wrong. Best advice if you are coming: keep watching for the latest updates and prepare for anything.

Yeah, it's a week away. If they call for snow now, there's just as good a chance that it will be 65 and sunny as well.
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#237316 1 year, 6 months ago
Griff wrote:

And why can't we have a little snow this week in Denver to add a little spice to the event???? LOL.

Because some of us are OLD? Besides, I just moved to Virginia from Buffalo, NY. First time in my life that I'm not in Buffalo for the winter...and I LIKE IT!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#237350 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks Phred for the update. I missed that. It still feels like El Nino, that's for darn sure. I have been working in the mountains for almost 30 years now and there is now a 6th sense that comes with that.

Let's hope for a little new snow storm next week (okay you all........up in the mountains not in Denver) just to give us a fresh surface to slice up. I just got my skis tuned and they skiing like I am rails right now. Wohoo!! Let's go fast!!

So when does the prediction game start???

My bro and I have been jokin for weeks that we are getting a Bertha opener. Ran in to a rain storm.......
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds