• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OneGoodHand
Junior Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#238495 1 year, 6 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Im speechless! So over come with emotion! Dunno if im tearing up because of all your love or the fact I cant go.

Thank you all for trying but I simply would not feel comfortable taking the offer.

I love you!

come on! hop on it, u gotta be here!
...and Im in no hurry, no no no, i know where to go
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#238498 1 year, 6 months ago
Emily, we really NEED you there. I know you would help any one of us out. Please let us do this for you and us. This is why we are here. This is what we do. Please tell your boss you are going to use that vacation. It's as easy as saying "YES", and it will be done. Please change your mind. (((((((CHANGE YOUR MIND)))))))
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by gvanman.
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#238506 1 year, 6 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
dead_in_ky wrote:
hey julie, er, stranger. looking to tour around boulder saturday as well. I will have a car.

Hell yea. I think some folks want to go to "Snooze" for breakfast . I'm thinking Saturday since it suppose to be around 50. Cast your votes.

Some Denver/Boulder recommendations:

For Breakfast: Snooze for sure. They have great Bloody Mary's and easily have the best hash browns in the state. Also, another great spot is Lucille's. They have a location in Longmont, Boulder and Denver I believe. I've been to the Lucille's in Boulder and Denver, and both are just to die for. More expensive than Snooze, but still amazing. Their breakfast 'drink' selection is killer. You'll be buzzed before noon!!

Lunch/Dinner: I recommend the brewpubs mostly. The pizza and Italian in Colorado leaves a lot to be desired, especially if you're from back east like me. The Mexican restaurants are EXTREMELY hit or miss as far as quality goes. I guess this is why I default to brewpubs. Anyways, check out Copper Kettle Brewing Co. in Denver, Great Divide Brewing Co, Bull and Bush(They brew their own beers and serve the best burger in Denver), Falling Rock Tap House, and as someone mentioned above near the Ogden, The Cheeky Monk, where they specialize in Belgian beers. If you're in the mood for some steak, I have to go with either Elway's (super expensive) or The Denver Chophouse near the baseball stadium.

If any of you ARE diehard for pizza, then check out Lucky Pie in LODO for the best pizza around. Hops & Pie also have decent pizza along with a fantastic tap selection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dead_in_ky
Coloartist
Junior Boarder

#238509 1 year, 6 months ago
Plenty of good Mexican food in Denver!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, osufan77
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#238514 1 year, 6 months ago
Coloartist wrote:
Plenty of good Mexican food in Denver!

Please enlighten me! I need some names. I've had some bad luck since moving here last year with Mexican food.
Coloartist
Junior Boarder

#238522 1 year, 6 months ago
I live in the Mountains so I did a quick pole of my Denver friends on Facebook. This is what they came up with for Mexican food in 20 minutes. I left some of their comments. I will add more as they are posted

Pinche tacos In the Highlands 3300 West 32nd (This was posted 4 times by different people)
La Fiesta at Park and Champa. Only open for lunch though.
Patzcuaro's is on 32 two blocks east of Federal (3 people have recommended)
El Camino is on 32nd in Highlands square ( 5 blocks west of Federal
Benny's is on 8th and Grant.
taco de Mexico
La Pasadita - 20th & Park Ave
El Taco by far the best! No booze though. Super authentic
Tacos Y Salsas are good for quick eats (2 recommendations)
Zocalo

THIS IS WHERE I WILL ADD MORE MEXICAN FOOD THAT CAME IN LATER

Tacos Jalisco on 38th rocks!
Taco de Mexico is nice and authentic. As is Taco Mex up on East Colfax...both joints are hole-in-the-wall places...
La Casita (Not sure how I forgot this) Great tamales
El Teppehuan on south Broadway!!!!
Santiagos for TexMex but Old Santa Fe Grill has surprisingly good seafood
Rincon Argentino - they do unreal empanadas, which also do To-Go and Breakfast Next Morning FANTASTICO
el taco de mexico...8th and sante fe
Senor Burrito at 1st and Broadway. Yum
el diablo broadway and 1st
El taco de Mexico cannot be beat for a great breakfast/lunch spot, no booze though
x
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Coloartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dead_in_ky, osufan77
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#238524 1 year, 6 months ago
Coloartist wrote:
I live in the Mountains so I did a quick pole of my Denver friends on Facebook. This is what they came up with for Mexican food in 20 minutes. I left some of their comments. I will add more as they are posted

Pinche tacos In the Highlands 3300 West 32nd (This was posted 4 times by different people)
La Fiesta at Park and Champa. Only open for lunch though.
Patzcuaro's is on 32 two blocks east of Federal
El Camino is on 32nd in Highlands square ( 5 blocks west of Federal
Benny's is on 8th and Grant.
taco de Mexico
La Pasadita - 20th & Park Ave
El Taco by far the best! No booze though. Super authentic
Tacos Y Salsas are good for quick eats
Zocalo

FAN-TASTIC! Thanks Coloartist! I've printed this out and am going to look up these places tonight. You rule.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#238525 1 year, 6 months ago
You forgot

www.pintspub.com/

one mile from the Ogden
Coloartist
Junior Boarder

#238527 1 year, 6 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
You forgot

www.pintspub.com/

one mile from the Ogden

That looks like some good Mexican Corned Beef and Cabbage!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#238534 1 year, 6 months ago
There is this little place in Longmont and I mean little that is attached to a 7-11 called Guacamoles that has the best burritos I have ever had. Totally authentic and you know it'll be good when everyone who works there doesn't speak a lick of english!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds