• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#237312 1 year, 7 months ago
Barefoot Mountain Mama wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Barefoot Mountain Mama wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Unless we have a miracle/record setting snowfall this spring, the mountains will surely burn down this summer. With the majority of the pine trees on the front range infested with those damn bark beetles, it could be a hell of a blaze

Sadly you are correct. Im holding out hope that last year's fires will save my little neck of the woods this year. Most folks I know remain prepared to bug out on a moments notice. I continue to do the snow dance & shake my rain stick daily. It's shaping up to be a brutal season. Where the hell is that El Nino we were promised????

Where do you live?

Just outside of metropolitan Conifer.

Conifer is gorgeous. I almost bought a house in Evergreen last year, but decided to stay closer to work and get something in Denver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefoot Mountain Mama
osufan77
Fresh Boarder

#237314 1 year, 7 months ago
Phred wrote:
Griff wrote:
Yay!!! Less then a week away!!!

So, this is an El Nino winter.

Actually, not an El Nino winter. The Climate Prediction Center canceled that back in December when the forecast Pacific warming failed to occur. Re. the mountains....actually had some decent snow the past week or so. I was up last weekend and it was good to very good. Of course they can always use more...nothing like freshies to keep the fun going.

As for snow here along the Front Range --- the latest models are showing the potential for a good snow event here by Thursday. Of course, as DM has pointed out, the weather forecasters here are notoriously wrong. Best advice if you are coming: keep watching for the latest updates and prepare for anything.

Yeah, it's a week away. If they call for snow now, there's just as good a chance that it will be 65 and sunny as well.
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#237316 1 year, 7 months ago
Griff wrote:

And why can't we have a little snow this week in Denver to add a little spice to the event???? LOL.

Because some of us are OLD? Besides, I just moved to Virginia from Buffalo, NY. First time in my life that I'm not in Buffalo for the winter...and I LIKE IT!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#237350 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks Phred for the update. I missed that. It still feels like El Nino, that's for darn sure. I have been working in the mountains for almost 30 years now and there is now a 6th sense that comes with that.

Let's hope for a little new snow storm next week (okay you all........up in the mountains not in Denver) just to give us a fresh surface to slice up. I just got my skis tuned and they skiing like I am rails right now. Wohoo!! Let's go fast!!

So when does the prediction game start???

My bro and I have been jokin for weeks that we are getting a Bertha opener. Ran in to a rain storm.......
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#237356 1 year, 7 months ago
karenrose wrote:
Griff wrote:

And why can't we have a little snow this week in Denver to add a little spice to the event???? LOL.

Because some of us are OLD? Besides, I just moved to Virginia from Buffalo, NY. First time in my life that I'm not in Buffalo for the winter...and I LIKE IT!

me too. as i drove across the bay bridge staring at the hills of marin and the golden gate today, i said to myself "this is winter". nothing like the previous 24 winters in buffalo.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MajorBojangles
Junior Boarder

#237368 1 year, 7 months ago
Woohoo! One week away from guaranteed Furthur! Happy to get away from all this snow on Long Island, for the snow in Colorado. I'm still on the outside looking in for Ogden unfortunately...so if anyone could help (lol) it would be greatly appreciated!
If you get confused, listen to the music play
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#237373 1 year, 7 months ago
Went shopping today for traveling necessities. Gonna get busy on some laundry so I can get to packing!
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#237374 1 year, 7 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Went shopping today for traveling necessities. Gonna get busy on some laundry so I can get to packing!

Safe travels out here brother!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#237378 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

Safe travels out here brother!

Thank you very much! Going to be in town early Wednesday if anyone wants to have a meet and greet that night!
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#237379 1 year, 7 months ago
If anyone else has Amazon Prime, you should check out this sweet deal:

www.amazon.com/Live-Warfield-San-Francis...amp;keywords=furthur

Four bucks, shipped. Hard to argue with that. I wish I had found it sooner so that I could bring it on my trip.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds