• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#236991 1 year, 5 months ago
Coloartist wrote:
Pray for snow. Arizona and California needs our water. Snow pack is really down.

And Las Vegas...every state in the sw except for Colorado.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#236992 1 year, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I think I have used my snow scraper once this year... as ridiculous as it sounds

Our whooping 25 inches of snow for the season. About three feet under from this time last year. And I think last season was one of our top ten driest on records. Our state is going to get torched this year, if we don't get at least six more feet of snow. Good grief !
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#236994 1 year, 5 months ago
I want you guys to get lots and lots of snow, but not until AFTER next week!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#236997 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I want you guys to get lots and lots of snow, but not until AFTER next week!!

Ditto.

I hope you guys get tons of snow in March
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
perry
Senior Boarder

#237014 1 year, 5 months ago
[quote="EyeBallKid" post=236990]perry wrote:
Warlock wrote:

Edit. Speaking of snow, conditions in the mountains are good, but beware of weekend ski traffic.

Seriously, Ive left for loveland at 7:30 and sat in traffic, the next day we left at 8:30 and actually got there a few minutes earlier than the day before.

Last Sunday, great day, left Copper at 2:45 got to 470 at 6. Buddy left an hour earlier and they were already metering at the tunnel, buddy that left at 8 still took him 3 hours. I'm sticking to Saturdays from now on. Wish I had the coin for a mountain home!
Barefoot Mountain Mama
Junior Boarder
If all else fails.... dance

#237015 1 year, 5 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
I think I have used my snow scraper once this year... as ridiculous as it sounds

Our whooping 25 inches of snow for the season. About three feet under from this time last year. And I think last season was one of our top ten driest on records. Our state is going to get torched this year, if we don't get at least six more feet of snow. Good grief !

No doubt! Last year's North Fork fire burned within a mile from my house. We stay prepared fro evacuation at all times. There has already been an evacuation in the area in January! That is very scary, and hopefully not indicative of the fire season to come.
In the meantime, 1week from Show-cation! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#237017 1 year, 5 months ago
Unless we have a miracle/record setting snowfall this spring, the mountains will surely burn down this summer. With the majority of the pine trees on the front range infested with those damn bark beetles, it could be a hell of a blaze
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Barefoot Mountain Mama
Junior Boarder
If all else fails.... dance

#237018 1 year, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Unless we have a miracle/record setting snowfall this spring, the mountains will surely burn down this summer. With the majority of the pine trees on the front range infested with those damn bark beetles, it could be a hell of a blaze

Sadly you are correct. Im holding out hope that last year's fires will save my little neck of the woods this year. Most folks I know remain prepared to bug out on a moments notice. I continue to do the snow dance & shake my rain stick daily. It's shaping up to be a brutal season. Where the hell is that El Nino we were promised????
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#237021 1 year, 5 months ago
Barefoot Mountain Mama wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Sadly you are correct. Im holding out hope that last year's fires will save my little neck of the woods this year. Most folks I know remain prepared to bug out on a moments notice. I continue to do the snow dance & shake my rain stick daily. It's shaping up to be a brutal season. Where the hell is that El Nino we were promised????

Where do you live?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#237022 1 year, 5 months ago
DM, or anyone, can you clarify for me where else besides the floor you can be with a GA ticket? I'm wondering what my options are if I decide the floor isn't where I want to be. Thanks for the consult!!
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds