• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#235109 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
SugarMee wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Where you guys skiing at? Just curious..

We're going to Copper. I'm excited, I havent been there yet, I've been to abasin, steamboat, and breck. It's the weekend so I know it will be packed but super excited about this

Copper is awesome. My favorite is on the east village side. Good stuff ... take that Super Bee lift (I think it's called) all the way up, you'll all have a blast.

(((More Snow))))

YES!! ((BIG SNOW)) WOO to the HOO!!
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#235230 1 year, 8 months ago
Originally we were going to do breckenridge but with the amount of times the plans have changed it became real expensive to book anything so late. So now we are going to Winter Park for like a 1/3 of the price. Ive only been to Loveland so far but Ive heard some good things about Mary Jane in particular.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#235235 1 year, 8 months ago
((((SNOW)))))

In the mountains of course!! That is the way most people like here in Seattle too........rain in the lowlands and snow in the mountains. Personally I like both.

Sue - your aversion to snow always makes me chuckle.

Looks like the Southern Rockies have good bases (60 inches at Silverton), which is typical of a El Nino winter. Our pattern here in the PNW also stronlgy suggests an El Nino. We have been roller coasting up and down with temps such that it has been difficult to find good skiing consistently this year.

I have had two days now where we had a ton of great snow falling and the next day was looking great only to have the temps rise above freezing in the middle of the night and turn to mush. Bummer.

That being said, we do have plenty of snow. 4 feet fell last week and this week we have had another 2 feet. I just love reporting snow dumps in feet instead of inches. We might get a lot of rain out here, but more often then not that means snow in the mountains and the amount sometimes is just staggering.

Yes on Copper too. I love that King Bee lift (actually called the Super Bee, but hey, this is GD site). Those long blue squars hold a really nice angle the whole way down. Fast and fun!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Barefoot Mountain Mama
Junior Boarder
If all else fails.... dance

#235376 1 year, 8 months ago
Griff wrote:
Waaaay too early to try to figure out the weather! All we know for now is that it's supposed to snow this weekend, tonight in the mnts.

So true! They managed to get tonight's forecast right... it is dumping right now, but they are seldom correct more than a few days ( or hours) out.[/quote]

It is way too early to tell. Yet is it snowing tonight in Denver?? Looked at the traffic cams and there is no snow and temps around 45 degrees?????[/quote]

Denver didnt get snow. I'm up in the foothills & we got about 3 inches overnight. A few thousand feet can make a world of difference, weather-wise.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#235510 1 year, 8 months ago
Just 2 weeks from this very minute I head to the airport!! Watch out, Denver, I'm ready to party!!!!!
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#235756 1 year, 8 months ago
How hung over will YOU be 2 weeks from now?
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#235759 1 year, 8 months ago
Still no luck finding another ogden ticket(duh) but my lady and I just got tickets for sunday night so at least Ill get 3 night in a row(not too shabby). After all the Primus shows I have forced her to go an hour or 2 early to get on the rail, she is finally calling it in and wants to go early and try and get on the rail. What do you guys suggest in terms of arriving early? Ive seen the RR tarpers vids, I know deadheads are much more motivated than primus fans.

Edit: 2 weeks to go and Im already useless with anticipation!
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by EyeBallKid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#235760 1 year, 8 months ago
It won't be hard to get on the rail in broomfield
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#235761 1 year, 8 months ago
karenrose wrote:
How hung over will YOU be 2 weeks from now?

Hopefully not very!! Will still be 2 nights to go!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#235763 1 year, 8 months ago
Any good suggestions for a stop over city in Kansas?
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds