• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Jam Cruise

#225154 1 year, 8 months ago
Has anyone ever been aboard the Jam Cruise? Ratdog has played it before. Sounds like an interesting time. www.jamcruise.com/2013/onboard#schedule
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jam Cruise

#225220 1 year, 8 months ago
I don't remember exact details but several busts went down with drug sniffing dogs a couple years ago when Scaring the Children played there. I'll probably never consider going after hearing about that...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#225221 1 year, 8 months ago
I heard the same stories about Jam Cruise. Plus cruises in general don't appeal to me- too crowded, too dirty. However, the idea of a location run, like Gov't Mule and Little Feat have been doing regularly and that WSP and DSO have tried too, sound really fun to me. Ideally in Mexico, where WSP played last year. Sun, sand and music without having to go anywhere else seems hard to beat.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#225237 1 year, 7 months ago
FURTHUR FESTIVAL MEMORIAL DAY 2013
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#225307 1 year, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I heard the same stories about Jam Cruise. Plus cruises in general don't appeal to me- too crowded, too dirty. However, the idea of a location run, like Gov't Mule and Little Feat have been doing regularly and that WSP and DSO have tried too, sound really fun to me. Ideally in Mexico, where WSP played last year. Sun, sand and music without having to go anywhere else seems hard to beat.

If Furthur did a Jamaica thing like Ratdog did that would be sweet! until then Mule in Jamaica is still a blast!
The voices tell me what to say
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#225354 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420 wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

If Furthur did a Jamaica thing like Ratdog did that would be sweet! until then Mule in Jamaica is still a blast!

norcal sounds so much better
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#225398 1 year, 7 months ago
it'd be interesting to see what the scene is. i've never taken a cruise, but know a few friends who worked in the industry in past lives......they turned me on to "a supposedly fun thing i'll never do again" by david foster wallace. granted, maybe wallace had demons of his own to deal with. his article is pretty hilarious reading though people.virginia.edu/~jrw3k/mediamatters/readings/cult_crit/Wallace_A.Supposedly.Fun.Thing.I'll.Never.Do.Again.pdf
Time to create page: 3.97 seconds