• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

Re: Best Furthur shows?

#225338 1 year, 7 months ago
12/30/12 is mighty fine. Great set list too.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Chester
More or less in line

#225371 1 year, 7 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
12/30/12 is mighty fine. Great set list too.

I have to put the whole run up there. With 12/31 being a highlight. But it was an event. Not just a show.
(12/30 was a great show. )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#225381 1 year, 7 months ago
Would have loved to have been there. Seemed like an off selection of opening numbers. Honestly have yet to listen to set 3 and encore.
Right now, I can't read too well...
RBull
Junior Boarder

#225410 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm kind of partial to 11-11-11, especially the Eleven being played at 11:11 pm! All around a pretty spectacular show, IMO
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, DancinBear
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#225437 1 year, 7 months ago
Hard to pick a best, this was my birthday so I may be partial. Energy level was high with the temperature..my mom's first show too. She had a blast!! Her fav was Attics. If you get a chance give this show a listen

archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-29.sb...ficial.115645.flac16
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#225458 1 year, 7 months ago
RBull wrote:
I'm kind of partial to 11-11-11, especially the Eleven being played at 11:11 pm! All around a pretty spectacular show, IMO

It was also Veteran's Day, I kept recording right through the Star Spangled Banner with the crowd after the encore. Download or stream it from LMA if you missed it.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-11-11.vp88.digigal.flac16
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#225501 1 year, 7 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
RBull wrote:

It was also Veteran's Day, I kept recording right through the Star Spangled Banner with the crowd after the encore. Download or stream it from LMA if you missed it.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-11-11.vp88.digigal.flac16

My favorite by far...a life altering show for me...i'll never be the same. (in a good way)
paulr
Junior Boarder

#225529 1 year, 7 months ago
I really enjoyed the 7/15/12 @ Bethel Woods.....
Smokin' set list and band played tight. A few highlights were the TLEO from the 1st set and the Supplication jam in the 2nd.

The Red Rocks show this past September that opened with Here Comes the Sun was pretty spectacular as well.

Wanee Festival..... Both nights.... but particularly the 4/20/12 show.

And finally.... the whole fkn NYears run (~);}
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#225542 1 year, 7 months ago
Well it certainly wasnt this NYE run, thats for damn sure. Id say, in no particular order:

NYE run 2011
(every night felt like there was no place left to go the following night and yet they took it up a notch and actually blew the roof off on NYE instead of it being a throw away,and lots of Pigpen homage, which. Loved)

Eugene, OR run 2010
(Ending the West Coast tour with a bang, not a whimper, so much so that we didnt even care that we were standing in the rain for hours.)

Troutdale, OR 2012
(Night 2, or whatever night it was tat the played Satisfaction. That was a hot show)

SDSU, 2012
(Total sleeper show with no expectations ended up being a killer show all around)

I wish I could list more, but honestly, with Bobby's awful tone issues (that shit is getting worse, I cant even listen to the tapes afterward because that tone is really harsh) and his entire year of being "lost" on stage in 2011, and the seeming inconsistency of the band, thats al I got. However, even a bad show is better than most other concerts so...its all relative, I guess. I suppose the one consistency the GOGD had was their inconsistency so in that regard, Furthur isnt straying far from the mothership
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by katie mae.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#225585 1 year, 7 months ago
Katie Mae bringing it!!!!...

That said I am surprised no one has mentioned Hampton April Fools 2011. Haven't heard as much furthur as many here but this is easily one of my 2 fave attended. A prior poster mentioned Sunday Red Rocks 2011... my other fave. Both shows tons of energy.
Time to create page: 0.90 seconds