• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

Best Furthur shows?

#224971 1 year, 6 months ago
I enjoyed reading the Best Dead Shows thread and I am interested in knowing people's opinions on the which Furthur shows are favorites (for their musical performances not the actual show experience).
These are the good old days!!
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best Furthur shows?

#225002 1 year, 6 months ago
I think Phil's Birthday at The Nokia(BestBuy) in 2011 was one of their best performances. That's the show where they played the Abbey Road Medley after having played one Abbey Road song per show beginning in Boston.

They have not really played any terrible shows the BestBuy summer 2010? being an exception. People thought poor Bob had a stroke that night but it was allegedly being accidentally 'dosed' and/or an Ambien and drink too many.

A couple of others that I were at: The last night of the Beacon Residency 2012 had them ending that run on a very high-note. The Help>Slip>Franklins had a surprising first ever Golden Road sandwiched in there right after SlipK. Simply awesome! So it was Help>Slip>GoldenR>Slip>Franklin's. Holmdel N.J. 2011 had a very, very loud and enthusiastic crowd which they commented on at that time so there was 'synergy' the band feeding off of that enthusiasm and vice verse.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#225003 1 year, 6 months ago
Hands down Broomfield 2011.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#225004 1 year, 6 months ago
haahha ALL OF THEM !!! but I did very much enjoy getting to see 2 shows at radio city last year and red rocks this year was pretty awsome for us as well .
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
mortimer
Junior Boarder

#225006 1 year, 6 months ago
My next show
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#225011 1 year, 6 months ago
I enjoyed the Red Rocks shows w/ Chris Robinson's Two Souls in Communion and the progression of those nights. I thought the third night was the best and have heard others liking the second best. I'm sure someone thought the first night was the best. Certainly the Bloomfield shows have had some stellar moments, and that indoor intensity. Looking forward to a West Coast Show and an East Coast.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#225023 1 year, 6 months ago
Best? Is Furthur even playing at their best yet? Every time I think this band has hit their peak, they do something even more exceptional. I swear, some of the jams in that New Year's run were going into spaces I'd never heard before. I'll make some judgment calls when it's finally time to look back but for now, I'm just keeping an open mind.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#225027 1 year, 6 months ago
Here's 20 or so that may be a cut above. Of course it's only my opinion and others here may disagree.
In chronological order:
9/18/09
3/3/10
3/6/10
5/28/10-soundcheck
7/11/10
9/25/10
11/20/10
3/15/11
3/18/11
6/3/11
10/2/11
11/4/11
11/10/11
11/21/11
12/30/11
12/31/11
4/18/12
4/21/12
7/15/12
9/22/12
9/23/12

Fwiw. See you in CO.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#225028 1 year, 6 months ago
IMO...

Radio City with Elvis Costello was thee best I saw...

Phils B-Day at Nokia was really good...

& The 1st Mann show in Philly was fantastic as well...

those are my top 3..
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
OZA
Senior Boarder

#225029 1 year, 6 months ago
12/30/12 anybody?
This show's second set was so spectacular and psychedelic. I was so much in a trance that I remember catching myself dancing during the Cody Saved Lesh rap. Man I was tripping balls! The second set opened with Jack Straw and into a banging Shakedown Street (WOO!), and then into DS>St. Stephen>The Eleven. Are you kidding me! And the Live/Dead vibe returned with a second set closer "And We Bid you Goodnight".
First set of course was incredible. Crazy Fingers, Truckin', He's Gone. Shit, I may as well list every song.

So with some bias, I'm going to say that 12/30/12 is up there.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by OZA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds