• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Any searching adoptees or birth families?

#22489 3 years, 2 months ago
If it is possible to keep this thread going it just might be a place to share info to help others on their search. I was possibly
a 1970 Bessie or Seymour baby(grey market at best) ....still trying to iron that one out and hoping that Gov. Christie of NJ will sign the open
records bill that just passed. We might just be able to get a giggle over some really crappy amended birth certificates too
lol , a number of which are far worse than Obama's ever was for most older adoptees. How do you feel about the current debates
over open records ect?
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Any searching adoptees or birth families?

#22529 3 years, 2 months ago
My Mother was adopted when she was an infant.
A lady who lived near my Grandparents in Dearborn Mi. gave her to them and they all went down to the police station and told them about it , and that was an adoption in 1944.
After my grandmother died my mom found out who her birth Mother was and discovered that she has two half sisters from her biological Father. she has talked to them and they seem nice.
My father was adopted by his step father and never met his biological Father who left for Europe to fight in WWII and probably never knew my Grandmother was even pregnant when he left. My Dad also found out who his Dad was but he was already deceased having lived out his life in S.E. Pa.
I hope you can find out the things you want to know, adopted kids should have that right
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Any searching adoptees or birth families?

#22530 3 years, 2 months ago
I was adopted as an infant. A completely reputable agency in Chicago -- they did have those back in the 50s. I don't know how I feel about searching out my birth family. Right now I'm just trying to get my own life back to normal after the insanity of my dad's dimentia over the last couple of years. It does cross my mind, though. I'm interested to hear what people have to say. Their own experiences, legal issues, whatever.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds