• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Best Unbroken Chain EVER??!!

#224764 1 year, 8 months ago
Well, that's sure how I remember it from last night! I can't wait to get some video of this and/or listen to the replay, because that seemed to be the most amazing Unbroken Chain I've ever heard. Not only was Jeff's playing on both piano and B3 soaring and beautiful and jazzy and intricate, JK was shining on his solos as well, really taking UBC out there to explore places unknown! Maybe it was just better living through chemistry, but I don't think so, I think that was a very, very special performance last night! Thanks so much for the NYE present, Furthur!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, theotherone
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best Unbroken Chain EVER??!!

#224767 1 year, 8 months ago
sue i won't lie i was standing there thinking the same thing. seemed to kind of loosen up a little bit on the backend but there was some serious power on this one. unexplored territory and phils ferocity on the very end was perfect.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, funky420, SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#224769 1 year, 8 months ago
One of the best for sure. Man they took so many songs to new territory!

Still think night 2 was the best of the 3 but they all were pretty hot
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
mok
Junior Boarder

#224776 1 year, 8 months ago
Right on, that was amazing. I got really lost in that jam, in the best possible way. I think it was the definite highlight of the night for me, at least. Although watching that crazy bird fly over the crowd was pretty sweet as well
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#224778 1 year, 8 months ago
It was pretty amazing. Really seems like Furthur's taking things to a whole new level. Very impressive.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#224794 1 year, 8 months ago
A feast for your eyes and ears....

The following user(s) said Thank You: theotherone
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#224795 1 year, 8 months ago
I would have to to hear it again. It was definitely a great unbroken, but that's one of the songs that they have consistently done really well over the last year or two and there are a lot of good versions. Last nights second was was very well played; I loved it all..
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#224796 1 year, 8 months ago
i agree...for sure the most rippin i have heard yet. the set up until UBC was pretty weak, and usually for me UBC does not usually really blow my mind like a good other one, viola or dew...so i was a bit bummed that after a kinda flat playin and a fantasy and wheel that never reached the uber cosmic face melt, as those songs usually dont anyway, to hear UBC, but OH MAN!!!!!! probably the best moment of the run with 12/29 otherone>viola trailing close behind. i felt like the band, especially jeff, knew they needed to tear it up HARD to save the set, and so they did. things really heated up when russo went into overdrive and jeff instantly followed...the jeff/phil/russo factor on that jam was incredible
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

#224801 1 year, 8 months ago
I was thinking that myself as I was standing there watching/listening. Best one I've had the pleasure of seeing/hearing. Loved every second of it and it was definitely a top 3 for me this wknd maybe # 1.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by franklinstower.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#224802 1 year, 8 months ago
That is one amazing "Unbroken Chain"! Incredible!
Time to create page: 2.05 seconds