• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

Been Wondering...

#224163 1 year, 9 months ago
Im sick of reading that hate and bs spewed on the ratdog website so I figured Id get some feedback on what Ive had on my mind. I love Furthur, but more specifically Bobby and Phil and I think the grateful dead were the best band ever. However, I am starting to get this vibe that the dead and furthur scene is sort of eroding. I know alot of people who at this point want to see Phish or Umphrees or Lotus before theyd see furthur. This sentiment makes me sad because I am all in on furthur and am loving what they have been doing (first night of broomfield will be my 50th Furthur show). I need some reinforcement and I know this is the right place for it.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Been Wondering...

#224164 1 year, 9 months ago
just curious why you need reinforcement from anybody. if you like the band, go see them and listen to them. don't worry about what other people prefer going to see. a lot of people don't like the grateful dead and they don't like furthur. a lot of people don't even care what's playing as long as they're fucked up! shows like umphreys and phish and lotus are parties, with background music.

in 50 shows you think the scene is eroding? after 116 shows with this lineup i would say it has done nothing but grown exponentially. they hardly play small theaters anymore, more of their shows sell out (i can recall several minor league hockey rinks half full), and there's way more people "on tour". hitting closer to home here...i remember the very first FFF meetups where it was 2-3 people. now we meet up and there's 20 if not more.

now, if i am misunderstanding what your idea of a deteriorating scene is, enlighten me, but if you're worried about people going ot see other shows and saying furthur sucks or whatever, stop wasting your time.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
mok
Junior Boarder

#224166 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, there's a lot of cool bands out there and people to see them, I can't see getting worried over who is liking what. Furthur is playing strong and seems to be drawing well (last night was pretty packed with a lot of energy), so I think there are better things to worry about in this world
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#224182 1 year, 9 months ago
Phillyhead, I know just what you mean about the haters on ratdog.org. There's a lot of great folks over there, but the small "fake Jerry" contingent really gets under my skin in a big way!! I can't understand why such a nice guy and excellent musician deserves that level of hate and scorn from people that claim to love Bob and/or Phil. Frankly, I think the folks that get such pleasure out of spewing that crap are just re-directing some self-loathing, though they'd say they're only "giving an opinion" or "stirring up discussion". So I just ignore anything I see with the haters' names on it, they can't mess with my good time unless I let them!!

I say the Furthur scene is going strong, and there's way, way more friendly, dedicated, kind heads out there, of all ages, than ever before. This party isn't going to be over for quite awhile, if ever. It's just going to keep evolving, and likely in very positive ways!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#224186 1 year, 9 months ago
I can always count on you Burt to say what I want to say, you just say it better. Who cares about what people think. It's all about how you feel. I had a drunk guy in my face last night talking shit about fake Jerry and that this band is not all that great. Then he's dancing his ass off and shouting yaaaaaa. I don't get it. All I know is that I love furthur and I can't believe the growth of FFF either. Every where I turn there FFF. In fact I made a awesome friend that I've hangout with the past two days and its because of this forum. Sustainabill, I'm having a blast. See you tonight Burt!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by 23atwell.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#224187 1 year, 9 months ago
Hi Sue!! Hope you have a wonderful New Years. Wish you where here.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#224190 1 year, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Hi Sue!! Hope you have a wonderful New Years. Wish you where here.

Thanks, Ryan, and Happy New Years to you!! I wish I was there too, but we've got a good NYE planned, so I'm a happy camper anyway. Have a great time tonight, I'll be dancing along with you!!
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#224191 1 year, 9 months ago
By deteriorating I simply meant that I feel that there's a remarkable show of disrespect going on within our community. It makes me sad to see so many "trolls" just spewing hate...whether its over fake Jerry or Jill or bobby (depending who your talking to). It's just sad, but long live furthur and I look forward to 50 more shows....glad to hear all the passion and love out there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#224214 1 year, 9 months ago
Anyone who would rather see 'Hippy Hippy Shake for Fun and fkrolic Orhestra' or whatever other jam band INSTEAD of Furthur is likely too flakey to appreciate how good they've gotten and how much more they have yet to bring.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#224229 1 year, 9 months ago
the scene is what you make it, the negative creeps aren't worth your attention.
ignore the trolls , they'll go away eventually
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds