• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

straight no chaser

#223021 1 year, 8 months ago
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1, Blues_Power
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: straight no chaser

#223024 1 year, 8 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1, Blues_Power
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#223065 1 year, 8 months ago
bump for quality music
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blues_Power
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#223146 1 year, 8 months ago
one of the all-time jazz greats. an absolute genius.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#223148 1 year, 8 months ago
i would pay good money to see jeff chimenti in a jazz club
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#223151 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks for the post.

Great packing music!
Takin' it in stride!
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#223153 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i would pay good money to see jeff chimenti in a jazz club

This music we like so much owes a great debt to the jazzmen like Monk, Cotrane, Miles, Parker et al. I can't think of any genre of music like jazz where the absolute greatest musicians perfected the art of improvisation. These guys totally converse musically. I wish everyone who likes Furthur could appreciate this art, opens up a whole 'nother world of appreciation.

Chimenti has good jazz chops. It would be real interesting to see him playing with a quartet..bass, drums, sax or trumpet and piano. He's certainly gave me cheshire grins with some of his passages, and the way he steps things up quite a bit.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#223154 1 year, 8 months ago
I thought this was going to be a thread about bourbon, single malts, and Irish whiskey.

I wish I would have come up with selling whiskey stones/rocks. Similar principle to using rocks out of the fire to keep your bed warm in the winter, but out of the freezer in this instance.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#223157 1 year, 8 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
I thought this was going to be a thread about bourbon, single malts, and Irish whiskey.

I wish I would have come up with selling whiskey stones/rocks. Similar principle to using rocks out of the fire to keep your bed warm in the winter, but out of the freezer in this instance.

Knob creek, Glenkinchie and Bushmill's are all great to enjoy alongside some be bop masters at work.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by AcidTestGraduate. Reason: one lil' ol' consonant
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#223164 1 year, 8 months ago
Everything out of the Beam family tastes like kerosene. There's something consistent and unique in their process that disagrees with my palate. White, the blasphemous flavoreds, Black, Knob, Booker's, Basil Hayden, Baker's, and all the others with various labels coming out of their buildings. There are too many other quality bourbons for me to care what it is, but it is. It's strange how it is across their product board. No other distiller is like that for me.

I don't have a huge preference in the Irish category. I like some more than others, but the differences are usually small. Makes it easy. More of a Jameson than a Bushmills, but they're both unrefined in their own ways. Huge leap between Jameson and Jameson 1780, and for the $5, it is more than worth it.

As for single malts, I'm an Islay person. I like smokey flavors. I like it in my black tea, in my latakia tobacco, and in the peat they use for Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Caol Ila, etc. I like scotches of all kinds, but if I have my pick, it would usually be an Islay.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poles
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds