• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: does it snow where you live??

#222882 1 year, 8 months ago
We have about a foot on the ground already and we're supposed to get 12" or more tomorrow night into Thursday
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#222883 1 year, 8 months ago
it usually is white from Dec thru mid March. Right now just a bit of snow.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#222893 1 year, 8 months ago
nope.

used to live in buffalo ny and then oswego ny. never seen anything like oswego snow before or since.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#222896 1 year, 8 months ago
It doesn't snow (or even frost) here. The worst snow event I have ever been in was spring tour 93, the blizzard that cancelled the show at Ritchfield. Oh, and crossing the Rockies to get to Durango. I don't know what pass we were on but my oh my , we were lucky to get through that alive in one piece
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#222903 1 year, 8 months ago
SugarMee wrote:
It doesn't snow (or even frost) here. The worst snow event I have ever been in was spring tour 93, the blizzard that cancelled the show at Ritchfield. Oh, and crossing the Rockies to get to Durango. I don't know what pass we were on but my oh my , we were lucky to get through that alive in one piece

Wolf Creek Pass? That is some scary shit in a blizzard. I went to school in Durango so drove that way a lot. Remember begging the state patrol to let me through because as I was pulling up to the start of the pass they were closing the gate to shut the highway down. The snow was almost knee deep on the road, the street signs on the sides of the road totally buried in what had to be 8 foot drifts ... took all night to get over that pass. Most snow in Colorado every year right there on Wolf Creek..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#222906 1 year, 8 months ago
I just took this picture from my porch so no snow here I haven't seen snow since the Manchester show last November which I was not prepared for

122512.jpg
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#222909 1 year, 8 months ago
^^^This may well be the only day of the year seeing that picture doesn't make me overly jealous, Island Head.

We got an unexpected 3 inches (on top of ice) yesterday evening, and it's still a white Christmas out there today. It was terrifying driving last night, with spin outs everywhere, but we made it. Now it's just covering all the trees and is so pretty to look at while sipping hot cider!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SugarMee
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#222922 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
SugarMee wrote:

Wolf Creek Pass? That is some scary shit in a blizzard. I went to school in Durango so drove that way a lot. Remember begging the state patrol to let me through because as I was pulling up to the start of the pass they were closing the gate to shut the highway down. The snow was almost knee deep on the road, the street signs on the sides of the road totally buried in what had to be 8 foot drifts ... took all night to get over that pass. Most snow in Colorado every year right there on Wolf Creek..

I'm not sure which one it was, I was driving my little car and had 3 of my friends with me, they fell asleep. The more I drove the more scary it was, there wasn't a gate, but there were blinking lights on a sign that said "road closed". My friend woke up said it would be ok and fell asleep. I was moving about 3 yards a minute, couldn't see nothing, lost control multiple times, almost went off the side of the mountain a few times going down. It took all night and all morning to drive that. Really scary.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#223016 1 year, 8 months ago
in ohio the weather changes in the blink of an eye.
in winter here it can snow from october thru may some years and others it barely even gets cold
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#223045 1 year, 8 months ago
It does like to snow here in the midwest.....I personally do not like the snow! It always seems to come at such a bad time. Just last night we were expected about 3-6 inches but it blew right past us with a few flurries. And there was more snow in the forecast for Friday right when I was suppose to hit the skies to the bay area! But mother nature took care of me and that chance of snow is long gone!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#223056 1 year, 8 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
It does like to snow here in the midwest.....I personally do not like the snow! It always seems to come at such a bad time. Just last night we were expected about 3-6 inches but it blew right past us with a few flurries. And there was more snow in the forecast for Friday right when I was suppose to hit the skies to the bay area! But mother nature took care of me and that chance of snow is long gone!

Hey, that's good news! I thought you were going to get hit hard. We're getting 5-7" today, and I'm not at all thrilled about it, even though it could be a lot worse. Oh well, time to run out for provisions and then batten down the hatches for a couple of days.

Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#223059 1 year, 8 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Yeah no snow on Friday PLEASE!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 2.94 seconds