• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Carl
Junior Boarder

does it snow where you live??

#222742 1 year, 7 months ago
I recently moved to the Sierra Nevada's this summer to Mammoth Lakes. My first time living outside of either Oakland or San Diego. In December alone, we have gotten 120 inches of snow. 26 in the last 48 hours. My dumbass didnt pay for snow removal. The drifts on my driveway are now over 10 feet and I cant even shovel it up that high. time to buy a snow blower (which dont work great unless you buy the expensive ones and still might not shoot the snow over my 10+ foot drifts) or shell out 900 to the city for snow removal...share your worst living in the snow stories please...
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Carl.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: does it snow where you live??

#222746 1 year, 7 months ago
I personally love the snow. I am an obsessive/compulsive show shoveler too, I don't know, it's therapeutic or something ... although 10 foot drifts are a little daunting! Speaking of ... it's supposed to snow a few inches tonight. Looking good for a white Christmas!

Have a grateful Christmas Eve everyone!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#222751 1 year, 7 months ago
upstate ny oh yeah we are supposed to get a bit for xmas !~~
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#222759 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh yes, it was starting to look like a brown Christmas until Thursday's blizzard. Now we've got a nice blanket of snow for Christmas ,
The voices tell me what to say
perry
Senior Boarder

#222771 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I personally love the snow. I am an obsessive/compulsive show shoveler too, I don't know, it's therapeutic or something ... although 10 foot drifts are a little daunting! Speaking of ... it's supposed to snow a few inches tonight. Looking good for a white Christmas!

Have a grateful Christmas Eve everyone!!

Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#222795 1 year, 7 months ago
Looks like only a few flurries here outside of Philly. I'm sure we'll get something later. Two out of the last three winters we've gotten more snow than Boston.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#222799 1 year, 7 months ago
Carl wrote:
I recently moved to the Sierra Nevada's this summer to Mammoth Lakes. My first time living outside of either Oakland or San Diego. In December alone, we have gotten 120 inches of snow. 26 in the last 48 hours. My dumbass didnt pay for snow removal. The drifts on my driveway are now over 10 feet and I cant even shovel it up that high. time to buy a snow blower (which dont work great unless you buy the expensive ones and still might not shoot the snow over my 10+ foot drifts) or shell out 900 to the city for snow removal...share your worst living in the snow stories please...

now you can't even play in the radioactive snow out there...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carl
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#222808 1 year, 7 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
Carl wrote:

now you can't even play in the radioactive snow out there...

Goes to show what you know, nowadays it's mandatory to have all snow blowers sold in California be equipped with geiger counters so when you're removing the snow you can know how much radiation you're being exposed to.

Thanks to you Wheelman I've asked Santa for hazmat suit, an inflatable hamster ball and green house within a 3' lead enclosure which I'll live in to protect me from radiation.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#222810 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

Goes to show what you know, nowadays it's mandatory to have all snow blowers sold in California be equipped with geiger counters so when you're removing the snow you can know how much radiation you're being exposed to.

Thanks to you Wheelman I've asked Santa for hazmat suit, an inflatable hamster ball and green house within a 3' lead enclosure which I'll live in to protect me from radiation.

well, that's a start i suppose...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#222841 1 year, 7 months ago
We almost never get any snow, Dammit!!! But even if we only get 1/4 inch the whole city shuts down and we're on the national news 'cause kids end up spending the night in their elementary schools 'cause nobody can get there to take them home. Me, I wish we'd get a foot or 2 at least once a year. The quiet of a big snow is a peaceful magic.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds