• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

RIP Lee Dorman.

#222415 1 year, 3 months ago
Original bassist for Iron Butterfly. One of the most famous bass riffs ever..Inna Gadda Davida. The record was the highest selling ever... when released In July 68 more than the Stones, Beatles,........... it was the first album to ever surpass gold and was THE first platinum album. ( I stand corrected... he was not on the first album..was on their second "Inna Gadda Davida" and played most of his life in various incarnations). Also I think this is the first song that I can categorize as having a Drum>Space section

The very first time I ever met Mary Jane I was listening to this album summer of 78. I HIGHLY reccomend headphones for this one.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

Re: RIP Lee Gorman.

#222421 1 year, 3 months ago
Yeah, Lee is a great loss. They were pioneers of dark/heavy music. I believe his last name is Dorman. My favorite song on that album is 'My Mirage'. Inside the record, it says the guitarist is 17 years old. Wow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Still Takin it Weirder
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#222456 1 year, 3 months ago
That's said news. they were a great band.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#222507 1 year, 3 months ago
I know this sounds bogus but when I was a youngster,they played in a backyard of a house down the street from me.There was this newly arrived home Vietnam vet who they were friends who lived there.I have no proof of this but always remember that
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds