• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

Where are pre-fall-2012 SBDs on Archive.org?

#221858 1 year, 9 months ago
If ya got'em share'em please.
Use the Upload button in the upper right of the screen

Remember that this is cool to do as far as the band is concerned.

(from archive.org/details/Furthur)
"March 25, 2011 we received updated policy info
Audience-made Furthur concert recordings can be made available as downloads while available soundboards can be made accessible in ***streaming format only*** four months following a given performance.

Furthur and our managing organizations have long encouraged the purely non-commercial exchange of music taped at our concerts or offered on this website. That a medium of distribution has arisen - digital audio files being traded over the Internet - does not change our policy in this regard. Our stipulations regarding digital distribution are merely extensions of those long-standing principles and they are as follow:

No commercial gain may be sought by websites offering digital files of our music, whether through advertising, exploiting databases compiled from their traffic, or any other means.

All participants in such digital exchange acknowledge and respect the copyrights of the performers, writers and publishers of the music.

This notice should be clearly posted on all sites engaged in this activity. We
reserve the ability to withdraw our sanction of non-commercial digital music should circumstances arise that compromise our ability to protect and steward the integrity of our work.
"

Thanks & God Bless from all your poor brothers & sisters out here in ether-land!
Jack
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Where are pre-fall-2012 SBDs on Archive.org?

#221864 1 year, 9 months ago
I've been wondering the same thing. And I even suggested the same thing. There has been no mention of a policy change,
so I've been presuming this should work. However, I don't have any of the SBD's. If anyone has a SBD of the spring tour,
or summer tour, give it a try.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#221894 1 year, 9 months ago
I've got the Merriweather, Atlanta, and Cary NC from the summer. I'll try and upload tomorrow night after work.
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

#221904 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, still waiting on those Wanee sbds too. Not sure if they will ever come. Good call though.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#221955 1 year, 9 months ago
I have the Wanee SBDs. Are we allowed to upload SBDs or only Audience Recordings?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#221964 1 year, 9 months ago
I thought the sbd's were only uploaded by official Furthur folks. Not sure how that works.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#222061 1 year, 9 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Jack Jones
Chester
More or less in line

#222110 1 year, 9 months ago
jodiah wrote:

Works for me! Thanks. Now, lets see if they say anything, or remove them. I really appreciate that.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

#223066 1 year, 8 months ago
While this does work for our access in the community audio part, to get it into the LMA, please see, archive.org/about/faq.php?faq_id=241

"How do I upload a show to the LMA?

As of 5/2006, the upload method has changed significantly. Here is a walkthrough in PDF with screenshots. Another text description is here.

Before uploading any show, read the band's policy notes for this site. Many artists place limitations on their material here, and info is often updated. Please do not upload shows for any band that does not yet have a curator-created collection page here, even if you know the band has recently emailed their permission. Advance attempts may significantly complicate or delay the curators' setup process for the band.

Next, be sure that you are logged in as an Internet Archive member. Have the fileset on your computer already, correctly prepared and correctly named. Files must be in lossless format (.flac or .shn), from lossless parent source material; we will optionally create the extra "lossy derivative" copies (.mp3, .ogg) onsite. Prepare to create an item, following example tips here or here."

(Especially, the "Files must be in lossless format (.flac or .shn), from lossless parent source material;" part) for posterity- if you only have mp3s then 'Community Audio' is the only place that will take them...

Thanks...& Happy Trails...!
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#223075 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you very much Jodiah! Listening to the 4-20 show now, sounds great
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds