• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

Texas

#2213 3 years, 1 month ago
I know its a lonmg shot.. but lets get some texas shows this summer. Atleast make it to austin and show the southern states some love.

I will be following the boys this summer just like i did all last year. so i willl see the boys regardless. I just think it would be really cool for some shows in the sourthern states for the heads who cant drive twenty hours or more to every show. there is a huge fan base down here and i know you guys know this also.

we also have alot of really nice venues and head friendly towns like austin and corpus christi. I live in copus christi and the American bank center would be a insane venue for the boys. and it would give all of the travelers who follor furthur and love seein the states some new scenery for sure,

The music will never stop and wont stop. Phil and bobby have our backs!
Lynx
Visitor

Re: Texas

#2215 3 years, 1 month ago
I've been driving for a bit over 30 years and have ZERO accidents and exactly ONE moving violation to my name : A speeding ticket in Texas. That and the 8 years of Bushes pissed me off and I'm scared to go there now. But it sounds like at least some of you got your stuff together so I hope you get your Austin and Corpus Christi shows. Send me a tape.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#2319 3 years, 1 month ago
when is the last time any dead related group played in texas ?

i know ratdog has played austin city limits but i dont know about anyone else
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#2341 3 years, 1 month ago
"That's right you're not from Texas,
But Texas loves you anyway!" Lyle Lovett

tumblr_legrpmwpm01qegkd6o1_500.jpg

peace

whitey-x & evie moonflower
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#2347 3 years, 1 month ago
damn right Doc

That and the 8 years of Bushes pissed me off and I'm scared to go there now.<<

lol really? good lord. But I'm not one to talk. Hippies make me feel the same way about California.

Yeah, would really love to see them here in austin.
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#2451 3 years, 1 month ago
El Paso in El Paso.

Dallas would be my wet dream.
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#2458 3 years, 1 month ago
Houston...too close to New Orleans.

D/FW
Austin
Houston
San Antonio
El Paso

Saw The Grateful Dead play several times at Manor Downs outside of Austin and Bob in Dallas and JGB in Houston. It would be sweet to see FURTHUR here in the heart of Texas again someday soon!

Good morning everybody!

peace

whitey-x & evie moonflower
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#2516 3 years, 1 month ago
I think in 1990 when the Grateful Dead sold out about 65 of 67 shows one of the shows they did not sell out was in Texas.

Just not their scene.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#2523 3 years, 1 month ago
PLF 7/30/02 - Austin, TX
The Dead 7/4/03 - Spicewood, TX
No idea on Ratdog.
Chinacat180
Fresh Boarder

#2588 3 years, 1 month ago
Ratdog played austin music hall 3/13/98 and houston the next night. moved to austin that morning and was in a hotel and had no idea they were there. A guy at the front desk of the hotel I was staying at gave me tickets.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds