• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Thoughts on 12/12/12 benefit concert

#220415 1 year, 7 months ago
OK call me selfish but with 3 of the greatest bands ever in the house (if Zep is really there and it looks like they are)....
get rid of the rest and give each an 1:15 minutes to play.

OK not a Bruce fan but I'd have to admit being a "jersey guy" he deserves a slot too. Get rid of the rest!!!!!! Then this show would really be epic.

Oh damn I forgot about Clapton... have him guest with EACH band.

Just my 02 cents.
Phred
Senior Boarder

Re: Thoughts on 12/12/12 benefit concert

#220420 1 year, 7 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
OK call me selfish but with 3 of the greatest bands ever in the house (if Zep is really there and it looks like they are)....
get rid of the rest and give each an 1:15 minutes to play.

OK not a Bruce fan but I'd have to admit being a "jersey guy" he deserves a slot too. Get rid of the rest!!!!!! Then this show would really be epic.

Oh damn I forgot about Clapton... have him guest with EACH band.

Just my 02 cents.

Where are you seeing that Zep is playing? Can't find that being said anywhere....
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Phred.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#220427 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm surprised Jay Z won't be there, but then he wouldn't really fit in amongst this lot. Those from NJ and NYC who will appear, whilst not any of my faves either, should be there just because they were/are inevitably effected by this.

Now if Led Zeppelin are to appear I think it would be crazy to announce it as the scalpers would be having a field day, and the only money made off this should be for the Sandy victims.

However............Chris Martin from Coldplay?

Great news is it's going to be streaming on 27 web sites! This has the makings of a great show.

Found this:

Headlined by an all-star lineup of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who, Kanye West, Eric Clapton, Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys and Billy Joel, the 12-12-12 concert will be simulcast around the globe via television, radio broadcast and live Web streaming, and has the potential to reach 2 billion people during its four-hour-plus run.

According to the 12-12-12 concert’s website, “Starting at 7:30 p.m. EST, on December 12th, “12-12-12,” The Concert for Sandy Relief, will be broadcast live from Madison Square Garden via a global network of US and International television stations, CCM&E radio stations and leading web sites.”

The concert will be streamed live on 28 different websites, shown on 27 channels across the globe, presented in select movie theaters and digital billboards in New York’s Times Square, as well as in Paris and London.

“12-12-12 will be the largest concert event to ever hit the stage at Madison Square Garden, featuring the biggest names in music and the world’s leading entertainers,” event producers Clear Channel Entertainment, the Weinstein Company and the Madison Square Gardens Company said in a joint statement.

timthumb.php.jpeg
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#220429 1 year, 7 months ago
Where are you seeing that Zep is playing? Can't find that being said anywhere

Its been strongly rumored on many different sites. It could have something to do with all of the remaining members being in NY a week or 2 ago. Further, it has been reported that the reason Plant won't tour with Zep anymore is his voice can't take a 2 hr plus show night after night. But a 20 or 30 minute slot here as a one off ..would fit the bill. Who knows like so many other zep rumors it could be bs... but this one has an inkling of truth. I'd say its 50/50..which as far as zep playing is about as high of odds as you will ever get these days. & ATG hit it on the head if it was announced tix would go through the roof.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#220432 1 year, 7 months ago
Damn ahahhaa I forgot about Sir Paul.... have him sit in with the Stones.. its never happened before. "THAT would be something"
Phred
Senior Boarder

#220437 1 year, 7 months ago
Okay...thanks. I was lucky enough to see them at the Ahmet Ertegun benefit in London back in '07. My wife and I flew over with the idea that it was either going to be very, very sad or an amazing show of a lifetime. It turned out to be the latter, and they showed they could blow anyone off the stage that night. The dvd (which just came out) does a great job of representing that evening. I would do whatever needed to see them perform again...
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#220442 1 year, 7 months ago
While it's probably not logistically possible, but wouldn't it be cool if Furthur played one night at the Garden between now and NYE to raise money for Sandy relief? It would be a sell out, and after expenses could raise a lot of money for relief agencies.

Considering all NY/NJ/CT has done for them over the years it would be a nice gesture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
stricken
Gold Boarder

#220516 1 year, 7 months ago
Hoping the funds get where its needed most and big thanks to all who gave of there time and talent to pitch in for those in need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warlock, skidoo
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#220603 1 year, 7 months ago
did Paul McCartney really sit in with the other members of Nirvana?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#220605 1 year, 7 months ago
ahhh Pauly is on now.... Helter Skelter, Let Me Roll It, 1985, My Valentine, BLACKBIRD...song with Nirvana: Mama?...I Got a Feeling, Live and Let Die...

someone on twitter says "one can only dream to rock this hard at 70." I laugh at their ignorance and point to Tina Turner and Phil Lesh.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds