#220408 1 year, 4 months ago
Post your fav T-shirts?
Someday, everything is gonna be different
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Wearing a GD Shirt at a Show

#220411 1 year, 4 months ago
bobGDshirt.jpg
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, nycdave, 23atwell
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#220416 1 year, 4 months ago
I got to have one of those I'm Bob Weir Bitch Ts. I generally wear whatever is clean, usually gd/furthur related as thats mostly what I have. I am somewhat of T shirt junkie admittedly. Always buying in lot and from the band.
Right now, I can't read too well...
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#220419 1 year, 4 months ago
Check you out Lewis, how long it take you to find that? I searched a few pages of images using a couple search options.

Speaking of Weir, found these also. Gave me a chuckle

born dyslexic maybe....

b.jpeg

For you Bro Esau fans

s.jpeg
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#220422 1 year, 4 months ago
I used to have so many shirts. They have disappeared over the years. 2 of my favs were both calvin and hiobbes. One was them dancing where it said; 'the kids they dance and shake thier bones' loved it because the person who sold them spelled their wrong!!!! The other had them in a psychiatrists office laying on a couch; 'The bis came by and I got on" is what was said.

A nice dye with a bunch of weebles dancing.' Deadheads spin and dont fall down'
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#220433 1 year, 4 months ago
I remember a shirt with Calvin hugging Hobbes, that read: Not Fade Away. Leave it to Bob to find a sleevles T. Back in the day he was the one who looked and acted like a rock star, part of which includes being more fashionalbe.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#220439 1 year, 4 months ago
imagesCA1C5KK3.jpg
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, AcidTestGraduate
It All Rolls Into One
Junior Boarder

#220444 1 year, 4 months ago
I only have 2 GD shirts, both from the 95 tour (the only concert my whole family went to. I was 10). I wish I had more, but I never seem to have the money for them at the shows. I really like this one.....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
It All Rolls Into One
Junior Boarder

#220445 1 year, 4 months ago
stealyourbase.jpg

I only have 2 GD shirts, both from the 95 tour (the only concert my whole family went to. I was 10). I wish I had more, but I never seem to have the money for them at the shows. I really like this one.....
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#220446 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I remember a shirt with Calvin hugging Hobbes, that read: Not Fade Away. Leave it to Bob to find a sleevles T. Back in the day he was the one who looked and acted like a rock star, part of which includes being more fashionalbe.

I think what he FOUND was a pair of scissors

Oddly enough, as 'fashionable' as he was I don't know anyone who went out and bought those Izod shirts with the alligator on them.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#220453 1 year, 4 months ago
I greatly admire lot merchandise (never been a fan of multi-corp spoofs, though. sorry). One of my favorite types of threads on music message boards (particularly GD related) is when people share their collections by way of photos. I actually save a lot of those images because so many have that incredible folk-art feel to them. They're worth saving. Shirts, J-cards, various trinkets, stickers, etc. I love seeing all that stuff.

I've only ever owned a single GD shirt, and I purchased it unknowingly out of a dark garage at a yard sale after exiting a week-long backpacking trip in Bandelier National Monument (great place - highly recommended) and needing something that didn't reek. It was a black shirt with gold ink, and the ink was slightly faded and with no words on it. When I washed it, the ink stood out when wet, and it then dawned on me that it was a GD design for the Egypt tour.

I've never been comfortable in band shirts. I've purchased many, and they all go into a drawer or trash bag never to be seen again. I need to eBay them. Most of them look brand new, and the ones from my teen years might be worth some decent cash. Coincidentally, I grew up around a couple of guys in a skateboard crew who were very outspoken about never wearing branded shirts. They weren't much on the political side, but something about shirts with brands on them really drove them crazy. They would design their own art and make shirts with markers and stencils and spray paint, but they would never don a shirt with a logo on it. That stuff kind of rubbed off on me. I usually remove logos or obscure them, but I prefer logo-less clothing. I spent many a day Xactoing designs and spraypainting shirts for personal use. As cool as tie-dying is, I've seen some insanely cool, multi-color, multi-layer spraypainted T-shirts.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#220468 1 year, 4 months ago
I never wear band shirts either, but wearing a GD shirt is just not the same as wearing a Rolling Stone shirt. I know GD is a band but its also about the community and about the person I am. I cant help but put GD on a level that no other band can reach, for me. I take so much pride in my back pack, he pins Ive collected and the patches that were giving to me. I hold that stuff close to my heart. Might sound cliche but win I pull that stuff out for a show or whatever, I feel that magic. I love it
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 1.04 seconds