• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Wearing a GD Shirt at a Show

#220328 1 year, 9 months ago
I know some people don't wear a furthur or a gd shirt at every show like I do and some people do. Me, I would feel so weird if I didn't. Seriously at every show I am still amazed at how many shirts are out there I haven't seen before. For me it's just another part of my experience. I just feel like I have to wear a gd shirt, I've never not. It's just how I feel. I don't look people different when they don't of course but just wonder why?
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuck at the station
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Wearing a GD Shirt at a Show

#220333 1 year, 9 months ago
There is somthing to be said for not doing what everyone else is doing. Not going with the flow. Dressing to the beat of a different drummer. Not trying to just "fit in." Phil and Bob don't wear Furthur / Dead shirts. The whole concept of people wearing a uniform can be unsettling. Having said all of this, most shows I wear GD / Furthur tee's that I like. Uh, if I wear a Phil & Friends tour shirt, will Bob fans be upset?
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Jst Because
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#220339 1 year, 9 months ago
hartGDshirt.jpg

garciapigshirt.jpg

donnadeadshirt.jpg
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#220340 1 year, 9 months ago
kreutzmannGDshirt.jpg

philstealie.jpg

philandpigfillmoreshirts.jpg
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, Bilbo, killwhyT, spazman
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#220341 1 year, 9 months ago
Your right. It's also nice when people make there own style, especially when it's home made. The style some of these dead heads have are the the best, so dam good looking. Even a nice patch on a good looking north face vest works. Sometimes that little patch can help identify what kind of person you are. I just love the style the scene has, even if it doesn't have a gd symbol on it. But like I said "for me" I just have to wear a gd shirt.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#220356 1 year, 9 months ago
It's more necessary to BUY a shirt from the lot once in awhile. Some of those shirts can be solo amazing and one of a kind. Certainly more amazing than Liquid Blue shirts etc. Not that I dislike shopping from Liquid Blue.
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#220359 1 year, 9 months ago
That Phil Stealie shirt with the coolest summer hat ever, I just luv that pic. Okay I stand corrected, Phil has worn lots of dead tee's. What I'm waiting for is 2 c Ace in a GD T. What ever happened to the notion of not judging a book by it's cover. On the other hand AT23 you are right. One of the way fun things about going to shows, is to see so much interesting style, either dead related or otherwise. When the musicians r not playin', hanging out, having fun and partying with the 'community,' (which includes cheking out all the stylin) sure is fun. There was a book put out called The Official Book of the Dead Heads, which has a two page spread of 98 (I counted them, honest) pictures of folks wearing different GD shirts. Some of the photos have more then one person wearing a shirt in them, so all counted, there are over 100 different GD shirts. Where else are you gonna see that, except perhaps at a show.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#220365 1 year, 9 months ago
That Phil pic certainly brings back memories. Had a friend in college who had that shot on his dorm room wall. I clearly remember focusing on it on several occasions absolutely ripped on acid.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#220396 1 year, 9 months ago
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by PsychicPyramid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#220401 1 year, 9 months ago
the only time I've ever recalled seeing Jerry wearing anything resembling a GD shirt (aside from the Pigpen shirt)

jerinegypt.jpg

I remember in '83 seeing Bobby wearing a t shirt with this design. Don't remember which show, and can't find a picture
of him in it, but distinctly remember seeing this.

83.jpeg

and here's Bob receiving a new T, doesn't he look happy?

bobnewshirt.jpeg

and in my searching I found this, isn't it precious?

purr.jpeg
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by AcidTestGraduate. Reason: f'd up
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds