• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
perry
Senior Boarder

Re: Furthur Forum 2012 NCAA Bowl Pool!!!!

#222469 1 year, 7 months ago
Bump because their is too much spam this morning. Why don't the other music boards get hammered like this?

Jim, Logan, and Perry all 4-0, nice start!
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#222472 1 year, 7 months ago
Central Florida killed Ball St. last night, everything was clicking for Florida and their defense was constantly hammering Ball St. offense. 2 more games today and I got the beer ready.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#222473 1 year, 7 months ago
perry wrote:
Bump because their is too much spam this morning. Why don't the other music boards get hammered like this?

Jim, Logan, and Perry all 4-0, nice start!

That's kind of fun seeing the Father-Son team up at the top, good job guys!!

On tap today there are two NCAA bowls before the Lions get stomped on by the Falcons tonight in national prime time:

Noon ET: New Orleans Bowl, East Carolina s. Louisiana-Lafayette

3:30 ET: Boise State vs. Washington

Enjoy the games, folks!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#223084 1 year, 7 months ago
It's time to resume bowling!! That SMU upset of Fresno State sure took care of the remaining perfect scores in a hurry. But there's lots of football left, it's still anybody's game.

On tap tonight is my local bowl: the Little Caesar's Bowl, which used to be the Motor City Bowl (a much nicer name, imho). The game is scheduled for 7:30 pm ET in everyone's favorite winter destination, beautiful downtown Detroit! Taking the field tonight will be the feisty Chippewas of Central Michigan University and the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. I'm of course rooting for the local underdogs, hopefully it will be a good game. I'm curious to see how full Ford Field is, given the moderate storm we're getting here right now. It may be the players' families and a whole lot of empty seats, unfortunately. Good luck to all the poolers and enjoy the game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, avettsister
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#223227 1 year, 7 months ago
Things are heating up in Bowl Land, with three games on the schedule for today. Right now, Perry is holding on to a 2 game point lead, but that could all change by the end of today. Coming up today are:

3 pm ET: Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman (aka Military-Industrial Complex Bowl), Washington DC
San Jose State vs. Bowling Green

6: 30 pm ET: Belk Bowl, Charlotte, N.C.
Cincinnati vs. Duke

9:45 pm ET: Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl, San Diego, CA
Baylor vs. UCLA

Should be some good games, and it's a whole lot more fun watching them than fighting the snow. Enjoy, everybody!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
perry
Senior Boarder

#223236 1 year, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Things are heating up in Bowl Land, with three games on the schedule for today. Right now, Perry is holding on to a 2 game lead, but that could all change by the end of today. Coming up today are:

3 pm ET: Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman (aka Military-Industrial Complex Bowl), Washington DC
San Jose State vs. Bowling Green

6: 30 pm ET: Belk Bowl, Charlotte, N.C.
Cincinnati vs. Duke

9:45 pm ET: Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl, San Diego, CA
Baylor vs. UCLA

Should be some good games, and it's a whole lot more fun watching them than fighting the snow. Enjoy, everybody!!

1 game lead...they score this pool weirdly. Whole family has been sick and now that they are recovering and want to get out, I doubt I'll catch many games this weekend. though people are dumping Bronco tix, so may do that on Sunday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#223402 1 year, 7 months ago
Well, Baylor sure gave me the scoring show I was hoping they would last night, that was a good game! There are three games in store again today. Should be some good ones, I'm hoping to be back home and inside hiding from our cold and snow in time for all of them. Enjoy the games, folks!!

2 pm ET: AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl, Shreveport, LA
Ohio vs. Louisiana-Monroe

5:30 ET: Russell Athletic Bowl (or is it a cup not a bowl??), Orlando, FL
Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech

9 ET: Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl, Houston, TX
Minnesota vs. Texas Tech
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#223506 1 year, 7 months ago
First off, can I just say how relieved I am to finally be doing better than Dave?! I was never going to hear the end of that!!

There are 5 games in store today, with some of the higher ranked teams getting into the action with some great match-ups. Pour a cup of coffee and settle in, because they've already started! Games all on ESPN unless otherwise noted.

11:30 am ET: Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl, Fort Worth, TX
Rice vs. Air Force

3:15 pm ET: New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY (another fine winter destination! )
West Virginia vs. Syracuse

4 pm ET (ESPN2): Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl (love a bowl with a cause not a corporation!), San Francisco, CA
Navy vs. Arizona State

6:45 pm ET: Valero Alamo Bowl, San Antonio, TX
Texas vs. Oregon State

And, most importantly, at least to me:

10:15 pm ET: BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL, Tempe, AZ
TCU vs. MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: avettsister
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#223826 1 year, 7 months ago
No games scheduled for Sunday, it's all NFL today. But 23Atwell has sure been on a tear the last three days! He's now in the lead by 8 points over several folks in second, after going on an 11 game correct pick streak. Way to go, Ryan!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#223827 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks Sue! On my way home from a wonderful night with FFF and some tasty music. I didn't think much when I made my picks. Went with my first instinct. Will see. Plenty of more games left.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#224760 1 year, 6 months ago
Happy New Year's Football Day!!! Even though the national championship isn't today any more, as far as I'm concerned this is my high holy day of college football, I love it! And what a start: a Big 10 pick 6 by Northwestern in the opening play of the Gator Bowl, go Wildcats!!

As for the pool, there's still a lot of games to go, and 23Atwell's big win streak finally ended last night. But he still holds a 4 game lead, with kmanger in second place. But as I said, there's a lot of football left, and anything can happen. Enjoy the games, folks!

And GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michiganskull_2013-01-01.png
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#224761 1 year, 6 months ago
Almost forgot, here's today's schedule. Nothing like the crunching of bones and the banging of helmets 7 hours after the last note of Brokedown fades away!

Heart of Dallas Bowl – Purdue vs. Oklahoma State (noon, ESPNU)
Gator Bowl – Mississippi State vs. Northwestern (noon, ESPN2)
Capital One Bowl - Georgia vs. Nebraska (1 pm, ABC)
Outback Bowl – Michigan vs. South Carolina (1 pm, ESPN)
Rose Bowl – Stanford vs. Wisconsin (5:00 pm, ESPN)
Orange Bowl – Florida State vs. Northern Illinois (8:30 pm, ESPN)
Time to create page: 1.42 seconds