• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

Listen to this...

#220120 1 year, 8 months ago
archive.org/details/gd1983-06-18.beyer-m...rone.119438.flac1644

Make sure you listen to Althea and Scarlet Fire...holy smokes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Daisy Mae, SunshineSue, 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Listen to this...

#220123 1 year, 8 months ago
Hey, this was my first East Coast show! And it was a good Scarlet-Fire, though this was one show where I never actually saw the band, we were packed like sardines at the top of the hill. Still, it was big fun, thanks for the reminder, Zipster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#220125 1 year, 8 months ago
Most completely perfect show I ever saw, and a birthday one too, to boot. I associate colors with letters and the letter S has always been red to me and this was one RED HOT show. The blessing were many in Saratoga Springs that year, and to balance it out the next show was underwater. Ya gotta love it! Read the comments on Archive for these two. Epic.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#220127 1 year, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Hey, this was my first East Coast show! And it was a good Scarlet-Fire, though this was one show where I never actually saw the band, we were packed like sardines at the top of the hill. Still, it was big fun, thanks for the reminder, Zipster.

We didn't see the band either; we were dancing in front of a colonial building with big white columns. Speakers were set up around the seemingly endless venue, the enormous capacity a real treat after so many sold out shows that spring. Everybody that wanted to got in. The second set blew us all away, Jerry was emoting so deeply during Morning Dew...we were hanging on every syllable.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#220131 1 year, 8 months ago
It was a great show girls: check this out from my first show; archive.org/details/gd1977-05-09.mtx.seamons.98168.flac16
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#220132 1 year, 8 months ago
Jerry's voice is so sweet and low ))
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#220133 1 year, 8 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

We didn't see the band either; we were dancing in front of a colonial building with big white columns. Speakers were set up around the seemingly endless venue, the enormous capacity a real treat after so many sold out shows that spring. Everybody that wanted to got in. The second set blew us all away, Jerry was emoting so deeply during Morning Dew...we were hanging on every syllable.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one that didn't see them! That was quite a second set. I mostly just remember that the distant stage looked like a fuzzy purple blob. And then I had to sit down amid all the legs for awhile, but it was all good.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#220137 1 year, 8 months ago
Zipster wrote:
It was a great show girls: check this out from my first show; archive.org/details/gd1977-05-09.mtx.seamons.98168.flac16

Lucky guy! Now that was the week to catch a show. I love the way Jerry sounds when he's singing Comes a Time during this era.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#220155 1 year, 8 months ago
Why thank you, and Im super jealous your first show was in 77, man what I wouldn't give
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds