• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

22 Years Ago Today

#219620 1 year, 10 months ago
Compton Terrace, Arizona. One of my top 5 favorite shows I attended. One of my favorite GD venues. My first show after Brent's untimely death. Very emotional. Picasso Moon, enough said... Hey Furthur, will you puhlease play this again?? Pretty please??

archive.org/details/gd90-12-08.sbd.hollister.472.sbeok.shnf
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: spring mountain high, SunshineSue
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

Re: 22 Years Ago Today

#219634 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Compton Terrace, Arizona. One of my top 5 favorite shows I attended. One of my favorite GD venues. My first show after Brent's untimely death. Very emotional. Picasso Moon, enough said... Hey Furthur, will you puhlease play this again?? Pretty please??

this one was good, but the next day was the real smoker imho...aside from AZ's zero tolerance policy at the time, that was a great place to see a show...there was a campground nearby that had a great scene
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#219638 1 year, 10 months ago
AZ still has a zero tolerance policy

Yeah 12/9 smoked too man!! I should have said one of my top 5 favorite runs! We'll get to that show tomorrow
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219797 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

Your comment took me for a loop. I think you're the first person I ever recall siting a post Brent show as one of their top five.

Why Furthur has never done Picasso Moon........beyond me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#219814 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Your comment took me for a loop. I think you're the first person I ever recall siting a post Brent show as one of their top five.

Why Furthur has never done Picasso Moon........beyond me.

Well I said the top 5 I attended Unfortunately I only saw a few shows with Brent and actually now that I think of it I'm not sure I'd put those particular ones in my top 5. Maybe Shoreline 89..

Furthur has played Picasso once ... in Portland in March 2010. I was there and I always say it that show is still one of my all time favorite Furthur shows.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#219817 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
AZ still has a zero tolerance policy

Yeah 12/9 smoked too man!! I should have said one of my top 5 favorite runs! We'll get to that show tomorrow

i got some firsthand experience with that zero tolerance policy at the 1992 run...arizona can eat a bowl of poo as far as i'm concerned

onto happier memories:

http://archive.org/details/gd1990-12-09.aud.gardner.4182.shnf

this is one of my favorites...no letup from start to finish...1st set is strong with an amazing birdsong, long valley road...and the second set is just an absolute monster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, AcidTestGraduate
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#219820 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah there seemed to be a lot of trouble in the air during that 92 run. We ran into our own issues there.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219844 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Yeah there seemed to be a lot of trouble in the air during that 92 run. We ran into our own issues there.

Sure you were there for Jerry's return at McNichol's in '92. Hadn't been to a show in over a year and encountered some weirdness
for sure. Enjoyed Same Thing and Rain. First time I ever sold an extra to someone and they tried the ol' 'lighter trick' to see if it was counterfeit. I was like WTF?

But, back to happier times. And speaking of McNichol's and '90....two solid shows. Hope you don't mind jumping ahead a few days

archive.org/details/gd1990-12-13.senn.gr...32021.sbefail.flac16

archive.org/details/gd1990-12-14.senn.gr...32022.sbefail.flac16 -----probably the shortest Dark Star ever at 5:44. See if you can tell why
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#219847 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Sure you were there for Jerry's return at McNichol's in '92. Hadn't been to a show in over a year and encountered some weirdness
for sure. Enjoyed Same Thing and Rain. First time I ever sold an extra to someone and they tried the ol' 'lighter trick' to see if it was counterfeit. I was like WTF?

But, back to happier times. And speaking of McNichol's and '90....two solid shows. Hope you don't mind jumping ahead a few days

archive.org/details/gd1990-12-13.senn.gr...32021.sbefail.flac16

archive.org/details/gd1990-12-14.senn.gr...32022.sbefail.flac16 -----probably the shortest Dark Star ever at 5:44. See if you can tell why

Uh huh! We got burned so to speak by the old lighter trick ... we bought fake tickets from the thugs in the Oakland lot. They sure looked real but we should have known gang bangers would be ripping us off. Young and certainly dumb! I guess we should be thankful we didn't get robbed at gun point.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#219864 1 year, 10 months ago
I really regret allowing Brent's death to affect me so much. I missed most of the great Hornsby run because of it, and I missed a lot of great PL&F shows as well because of the general malaise that had taken hold by that time.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds