• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

These small venue shows should be will call only

#219287 1 year, 9 months ago
Furthur, please make these small venue shows will call only in the future. With this set up the real fans get shut out, and 1/4 of the tickets end up on stub hub and eBay for upto 10x face, shutting many of us hardcore fans out. Other bands ( Tom Waits, Pearl Jam etc.) have used the will call only method, and it almost eliminates scalping.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, SunshineSue
perry
Senior Boarder

Re: These small venue shows should be will call only

#219317 1 year, 9 months ago
Have a feeling some of the hard core fans may be responsible for the scalped tickets....I'm using the one I got!
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#219320 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm sure, some are, but it's the minority. I have never scalped a ticket to a show. I even miracled a person I didn't know at the sold out Fox Stl show last year. Best feeling ever, money can't buy that.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#219325 1 year, 9 months ago
Are you in for Broomfield DeadonRivet?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Phred
Senior Boarder

#219326 1 year, 9 months ago
I agree, will call is the way to go for smaller venues. However, there really aren't that many tix available on StufHub. At this time (noon MST) there are only 60 available. Out of 1700...I'd say not TOO outrageous...the prices they're asking are nuts, though.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219799 1 year, 9 months ago
This makes perfect sense, except places where it would be difficult to do. The Beacon is a good example. 2,000+ people
lined up on a busy street is probably not realistic. I would think mail order only would be the best solution, with a 2 ticket limit per order. Also, not all the hardcore fans get shut out. Unfortunately some do, but some don't. I've been shut out a couple times, and it sucks. It happens eventually.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds