• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Super animated Jerry Hampton 88 must see

#219170 1 year, 9 months ago
Boppin & groovin...... Jerry enjoyin himself !!! He moves around "dancin: during this bucket as much as I have seen since 1980?

The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

Re: Super animated Jerry Hampton 88 must see

#219224 1 year, 9 months ago
Apparently, Hampton was the venue for super animated Jerry, check out this clip from 87

These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
stricken
Gold Boarder

#219225 1 year, 9 months ago
I was at this show i think it was the first time i saw them in hampton. Also i believe the owners of venue said the greatful dead would never play there again. Of course because of the unruly fans.
There was some fun activities going on in lot after show. Like this contraption these guys set up that had fishing line strolled across walkway on shakedown. And when one of them would step on this foot pedal it would drop a weight that caused the string to rise up and people couldnt see what they were brushing against they could only feel it sorta felt like spider web when you brushed up against it.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#219258 1 year, 9 months ago
The 87 Terrapin ranks with me as one of those"outside the box" experiences.It was the last night of run,a Monday evening,real loose on the floor.I even saw Bill Graham walk by.This was the revitalized,healthy Jerry.The whole show,especially the second set was amazing.Gotta listen to last 3 minutes of Terrapin! My friends rescued me out of motel,took me to the Chesapeke Bay hotel,listened to tape they made,just blown away Great memory.Hampton will always hold a special place in my heart
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#219321 1 year, 9 months ago
Big Ralph wrote:
The 87 Terrapin ranks with me as one of those"outside the box" experiences.It was the last night of run,a Monday evening,real loose on the floor.I even saw Bill Graham walk by.This was the revitalized,healthy Jerry.The whole show,especially the second set was amazing.Gotta listen to last 3 minutes of Terrapin! My friends rescued me out of motel,took me to the Chesapeke Bay hotel,listened to tape they made,just blown away Great memory.Hampton will always hold a special place in my heart

the healthy, revitalized Jerry didn't last too long. '87 and '88 get a lot of bad press because of how the scene blew up after the GD's "commercial success", but Jerry and the band were on fire. some nights Jerry definitely got his groove on and it was such fun to be a part of that.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#219513 1 year, 9 months ago
Concur on all points. I'd add Hampton for some reason was just "it". I made the 86 shows pre coma and was rewarded with the breakout of Box of Rain.. A Roadrunner to open.. & some great stuff I was supposed to be there in 88 but fin college finals brought me to the Meadowlands. No chance a losin on that tour 4-1-88 is one of my alltime faves attended. 3-30 didn't suck either. Oh and one of my 2 fav Further shows was in Hampton. Like the Spectrum..just a lot of magic in that ole building.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds