• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Wake up people!This is disgusting, spread the word

#219732 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey man I really appreciate your threads and passion and of course we care for our planet and human beings but like I have said before, you have to be careful with going after all biotechnology and science with pitchforks and torches. I agree that some of that shit is self serving for making nothing but a profit but a lot of it is genuinely trying to help mankind. Maybe I misunderstand what and who you are targeting and I admit I am not completely familar with this particular situation ... but, you know, just sayin...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#219751 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Hey man I really appreciate your threads and passion and of course we care for our planet and human beings but like I have said before, you have to be careful with going after all biotechnology and science with pitchforks and torches. I agree that some of that shit is self serving for making nothing but a profit but a lot of it is genuinely trying to help mankind. Maybe I misunderstand what and who you are targeting and I admit I am not completely familar with this particular situation ... but, you know, just sayin...

Thanks Denverman! I appreciate you! Really I feel that there aint no time or reason to hate, but there is barely time to wait, if we dont take it upon ourselves to inform ourself and each other we will be doomed, and I am not a conspiracy wacko, I AM AWARE OF THE TRUTH! (Not trying to sound high and mighty) I am not going after biotechnology as a whole... Like I said before there is definitly some beneficial potential with biotech...

I dont think you do understand what is at stake and how dangerous genetically modifying our food supply is... Biotechnology can and could help mankind, but the problem is there is no research or thought of research done on the effects of splicing a foreign gene of anykind into our food supply.... The only thing we do know is that it is unpredictible and unsafe. Like playing russian roulette with ourselves and our planet. This is something that I have been researching for years. If you want to have a better understanding of what I believe is the TRUTH, then you should take a little bit of time to inform yourself. Watch FOOD INC, THE FUTURE OF FOOD, THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO, KING CORN.... Just to name a few, also you can go to the organic consumers association website.... If you watch just one of these movies or read basically any book on the GMOS you would have a better understanding.

It is not the scientists who are unethical, it is the people who will stop at nothing to get anything they can on the market no matter what it will do to people. I mean look at the particular petition I posted... They are trying to make seeds that can withstand the active chemical in AGENT ORANGE! Children to this day that are born in Vietnam still suffer from unthinkable birth defects. Also, just ask a Vietnam Vet about Agent Orange... Putting massive amounts of this chemical on the seeds that grow our food is lunacy and complete and utter disregard for life. I urge anybody I meet who doesnt know about any of this to at least take an hour to watch a documentary that I mentioned above ^
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by direwolflove222.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219793 1 year, 9 months ago
There are issues that require more attention than agent orange having been used in Vietnam (watched the video) and genetically
modified food. The holidays, where to stay in SF and Denver, whether or not I get my Ogden ticket, and the Furthur friends forum flag are heavily on my mind right now.

I've been in Tehran for the last week looking for the flag. It's not easy trying to move around this city as an American, and what
with the language barrier and all. Yet I'll keep looking for the flag in hopes it can be returned in time for the new years run, and hopefully all will be well in the forum again!

Time to start thinking about growing as much food as possible for ourselves.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#219818 1 year, 9 months ago
signed, and Yes it does sound like a Wheelman thread and I almost didn't click on it. Maybe change the title or something. just a suggestion.
The voices tell me what to say
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#219822 1 year, 9 months ago
signed here too. unfortunately, climate change is a bit more pressing at this time. Vegetarianism is actually one way that

we can lighten our load on the Planet like almost immediately. It's easy to do....just don't eat meat. The animals will love

you for it.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219824 1 year, 9 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
signed here too. unfortunately, climate change is a bit more pressing at this time. Vegetarianism is actually one way that

we can lighten our load on the Planet like almost immediately. It's easy to do....just don't eat meat. The animals will love

you for it.

Amen to that!!

Of course if we all became vegetarians tomorrow it would severely disrupt our economy. But if everyone would gradually
curtail their meat intake we'd all benefit, especially the animals. And yes, the planet would benefit immensely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#219828 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bilbo wrote:

you for it.

Amen to that!!

Of course if we all became vegetarians tomorrow it would severely disrupt our economy. But if everyone would gradually
curtail their meat intake we'd all benefit, especially the animals. And yes, the planet would benefit immensely.

What,and let the animals take over?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219835 1 year, 9 months ago
funky420 wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bilbo wrote:

you for it.

Amen to that!!

Hey, not to worry for all those Packers fans up there. You can now get vegetarian bratwurst that are pretty darn good.
Perfect for tailgating at Lambeau on a -20 day. Brat, beer, shot of ranch dressing, and a shot of brandy and you're good
go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#219838 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
funky420 wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bilbo wrote:

you for it.

Amen to that!!

Hey, not to worry for all those Packers fans up there. You can now get vegetarian bratwurst that are pretty darn good.
Perfect for tailgating at Lambeau on a -20 day. Brat, beer, shot of ranch dressing, and a shot of brandy and you're good
go!

BLASPHEMY! There's no way I (or any true cheesehead) would eat a vegetarian brat, I wouldn't even do a turkey brat!
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by funky420.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219840 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^^^ Oh I bet you would after 3 days of killer bud and no food. And I bet you'd think it tasted good too!

But I understand a sea of green jackets with wedges of cheddar adorning their domes taunting you for having a Torfurky
would be some serious ridicule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds