• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

12-02-73 You have to hear this

#218371 1 year, 7 months ago
if you don't have DP 14? I think this is on... the Playin>*Fourth Mind Left Body Jam>Jam

archive.org/details/gd73-12-02.aud.vernon.17278.sbeok.shnf

this is psychedelia at its very finest. Whole set 2 is otherwordly... but the above part is the MEAT ... of a very fine mental mind f*** sammy...........

* Memory loss earned - not the first ..fourth

** Hide the children!!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: 12-02-73 You have to hear this

#218372 1 year, 7 months ago
thank you very much. My mind has been psychedelicized for so long every little bit to help sustain is appreciated.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#218377 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
thank you very much. My mind has been psychedelicized for so long every little bit to help sustain is appreciated.

Thank me AFTER you listen ............73 dead at the peak of their "powers"
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#218385 1 year, 7 months ago
This 12/2/73 show is probably the best GD show I ever saw, and I have seen many. The first set may not look like all that much on paper, but the energy level is all there, then some. As for Set 2, words cannot do justice to what went down that night. The Boston Music Hall was a small intimate venue. The band was down to five players. Donna was home getting things around (having a baby - Zion). The jam out of Playin is way beyond the beyond. There is also a wonderful jam out of He's Gone. The Morning Dew Encore was such a wonderful way to close a three night stand in Beantown. The first show (11/30) opened with Dew, so in effect the Dew closer completed the circle. It is so hard to believe that this show was 39 years ago. I'm getting old, but Phil is older and her is still having fun and playing well, so...
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#218390 1 year, 7 months ago
Sunshine Daydream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow... first off Dave thanks for your memories. Its nice to know I'm not the oldest person here, old timer I'm extremely jealous I can't even imagine how I woulda survived that 3 night onslaught. Just got done listenin to the Sugar Mag ( been slowly working my way through the show between football & Dexter) I forgot how scintallating this version is. This was one of those tapes I saved for "special occasions" when the um "moon was right"...
the electricity off that Sugar Mag coulda lit up Boston that night. Still have the Dew to go.. I'm gonna strap in for that take off. Rock on .. & don't forget your rockin shoes.Thanks for keepin the flame alive. In the words of Pierre Robert--

"GOD BLESS THE GRATEFUL DEAD"

One last unrelated thing: Go STEELERS f the Ratbirds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#218394 1 year, 7 months ago
I don't have this one marked in my listening notes. I guess I better give it another listen.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds