• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

Re: 2013 Tour Rumors

#218978 1 year, 9 months ago
Last night on the TRI broadcast, Bobby mentioned that there is something in the works for January, specifically, a benefit for victims of hurricane Sandy... Hoping this will take place in NYC- anyone know more about this???
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#218996 1 year, 9 months ago
Smacks11 wrote:
Furthur goes to Nassau!! Would be great see and rekindle some old magic. Also would help a falling arena. Thoughts?

It is a lot bigger than the Beacon so I would vote yes. As i have harped on elsewhere the Beacon is too small no matter how pretty it is.

We need to get in and the Beacon Residency left too many of us outside at the broken-end of the scalpers bottle.

A larger venue must be found for these Residencies. IMHO!!
Boxofrain
Junior Boarder

#219233 1 year, 9 months ago
I am hearing rumors of a run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. Anyone else hearing this? Anxiously waiting for the announcement so I can make my plans to go wherever they end up playing. Just happy for the shows!
Walk into splintered sunlight, inch your way through dead dreams to another land....
stricken
Gold Boarder

#219237 1 year, 9 months ago
Boxofrain wrote:
I am hearing rumors of a run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. Anyone else hearing this? Anxiously waiting for the announcement so I can make my plans to go wherever they end up playing. Just happy for the shows!

I liked the place but think a run there could be sketchy with local police and roadside stops outside the venue. Even with that said i would go there because i thought the sound was decent.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#219264 1 year, 9 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Last night on the TRI broadcast, Bobby mentioned that there is something in the works for January, specifically, a benefit for victims of hurricane Sandy... Hoping this will take place in NYC- anyone know more about this???

it's going to be a live broadcast at TRI and will be encouraging people to donate, he talked more about it on the very first Weir Here.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#219304 1 year, 9 months ago
wow port chester I hope SO!!!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#219305 1 year, 9 months ago
or even Radio City would be sweet !!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#219310 1 year, 9 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
They're playing five nights in Chicago and have vowed not: 1) to play Viola Lee 2) to have any guest musicians 3) to play any classic rock covers.

Zeno: check ur PM. take care.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Blues_Power.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#221877 1 year, 9 months ago
The format that has been allowing for some really interesting collaborations/reunions lately is Bob Weir Solo Acoustic. Now he's done it on the same bill with (on various dates) Bruce Hornsby, the Mickey Hart Band, and Jackie Greene. With BW Solo Acoustic we get a pure fragment of the Grateful Dead with no sidemen, and then if he plays with the "other act" we get as a bonus the fun kind of cross-pollination jamming that spiced up the sets on the 1996-1997 Furthur Festival tours.

In 2013 it would be great to see Bobby bring the Solo show east again but with a "Special Guest" (Bruce, Mickey, Jackie, ?) on the tour. . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MajorBojangles
Junior Boarder

#221889 1 year, 9 months ago
I'd love to see another run at the Best Buy Theatre in Times Square. Always a fun time.
If you get confused, listen to the music play
Poles
Expert Boarder

#221912 1 year, 9 months ago
I just hope for a Bethel summer stop
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, irishqueenie
OZA
Senior Boarder