• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2013 Tour Rumors

#227029 1 year, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
who says they can't announce spring tour later then last year?

there have been tours announced with 2 months or less notice, that's not out of the ordinary. The other day TRI tweeted something about how Furthur is coming back east in the spring and it's been rumored for a while now.

patience...

yeah I did think about that. but I was too tired to edit my posts and went to bed. lol
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#227030 1 year, 8 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
who says they can't announce spring tour later then last year?

there have been tours announced with 2 months or less notice, that's not out of the ordinary. The other day TRI tweeted something about how Furthur is coming back east in the spring and it's been rumored for a while now.

patience...

yeah I did think about that. but I was too tired to edit my posts and went to bed. lol

These were the 2 Tweets on Jan 9th.

TRI Studios ‏@TRI_Studios

Look for #Furthur this spring back East #tritalk

TRI Studios ‏@TRI_Studios

To be clear... Nothing confirmed for #Furthur back east this Spring (as of today!) #tritalk
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#227032 1 year, 8 months ago
I have never been to the Capital but why is it so special (despite its historical significance)? How is it better than the Tower, which I think is an excellent venue (very nice inside, cheap hotels nearby)?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#227033 1 year, 8 months ago
If they do go with The Capitol Theatre in late Mar with an extended run, I see two sides of the coin, on the one hand the venue is very cool with lots of history but on the other hand its 800 less tickets per night than The Beacon which means tickets will be even harder.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#227044 1 year, 8 months ago
Maybe they'll throw a couple of Roseland dates as well.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#227078 1 year, 8 months ago
B-Rad, the Cap is hands down my favorite indoor venue. Everything is so accessible - bars everywhere, cool outside patio area off the floor for smoking, private bathrooms, a separate attached bar with large tv's broadcasting the show in case you need a breather....I could go on and on, the place is set up perfectly and the vibe is super. Can't say enough about the place!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#227084 1 year, 8 months ago
also, maybe the band wants to play there. it's been renovated/restored. it's kind of like if you had the option to play an old semi run down theater in a seedy section of philly or a nice newly restored venue in westchester county NY. as a member of the band, you may choose the nicer area.

that capacity sounds very small though. 800 less than beacon. would be a madhouse. accessibility would no longer exist if it's truly that small. the scene outside would be even bigger than inside!!

as far as what they do, doesn't matter to me. i might fly out for a couple shows, might not. we'll see what happens.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#227087 1 year, 8 months ago
the Cap also has these cool projections on the side walls and ceiling making the balcony the best seat in the house!

even the floor is nice and carpeted and it's on a slope making it easier to see from just about anywhere then most GA floors
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#227088 1 year, 8 months ago
The Black Crows with Jackie Greene are playing there in late March/early April...

with slots open on both sides of their 2 night run...

I wonder if they'll be sandwiched in a Furthur run...
could be very interesting..
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Wheelman.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#227182 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
also, maybe the band wants to play there. it's been renovated/restored. it's kind of like if you had the option to play an old semi run down theater in a seedy section of philly or a nice newly restored venue in westchester county NY. as a member of the band, you may choose the nicer area.

that capacity sounds very small though. 800 less than beacon. would be a madhouse. accessibility would no longer exist if it's truly that small. the scene outside would be even bigger than inside!!

as far as what they do, doesn't matter to me. i might fly out for a couple shows, might not. we'll see what happens.

I would add, a venue that both Bob and Phil played in their hey day. If it were me, I'd choose that.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#227216 1 year, 8 months ago
I wouldn't call the Tower a "semi run down" theater. During the last run there it looked pretty nice to me and the security was waaayyy cool, and oh the great micro beers they had on tap. I also scored a hotel that I could take a long walk to or short ($5) cab ride to for under $80. But I guess it is much better to be walking distance to the Country Club.

I really don't care that much but was just looking for reasons why people hold the Cap to such high status. Maybe they will do both, but I doubt it.

I really just hope they come back to New England!
Barefoot Mountain Mama
Junior Boarder
If all else fails.... dance

#227346 1 year, 8 months ago
As a spoiled rotten, Colorado head, I am looking forward to Red Rocks in September! By then I should about be recovered from February's mayhem. Its been a great few years with two runs a year in my back yard. I'm holding out hope that they continue the groovy, Colorado trend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds