• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2013 Tour Rumors

#227487 1 year, 3 months ago
bxorain wrote:
You guys gotta know what you're doing at the Cap....downstairs bathrooms?? Why would you ever choose that route when you can walk off the floor, catch a breather and a cold one at the attached bar, clearly hear the show, watch the band on large hd tv's and then use a private bath where you can partake in any party favors you'd like? Sometimes it pays to walk into a venue a bit early and scope the situation out. As far as the floor being too packed....I was at every Phil and Friends show and was surprised how unpacked it was. Funny how two people at the same show can get two totally different takes...

while i was not there for any of the shows, you are definitely the first person i have heard say that they thought it was not crowded. everybody i spoke with had something to say about the lack of room inside the venue.

the more reviews i hear about this place, the less inclined i am to want to see furthur there.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#227490 1 year, 3 months ago
^^^The Ogden will be packed and crowded. If Cornmeal can pack that place I can't even imagine what the Furthur crowd will be like.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#227495 1 year, 3 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^The Ogden will be packed and crowded. If Cornmeal can pack that place I can't even imagine what the Furthur crowd will be like.

I wouldn't mind some tips for best places to be in the Ogden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#227496 1 year, 3 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#227500 1 year, 3 months ago
Oh yeah I have my little spot. Unfortunately my wife isn't going and she is the one who usually guards it It'll be fine hopefully they didn't over sell the place. If I thought it was going to be horrible or anything i wouldn't be going.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#227579 1 year, 3 months ago
Chester wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

I think I'd rather head out there again than try and tackle New York.

I'm going to presume you mean the city, and not the state. They better play some upstate shows this summer.

We're gonna try to make it if they do Bethel again. And Canangdaigua 2011 was AWESOME!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, tenecjed
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#227636 1 year, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
bxorain wrote:
You guys gotta know what you're doing at the Cap....downstairs bathrooms?? Why would you ever choose that route when you can walk off the floor, catch a breather and a cold one at the attached bar, clearly hear the show, watch the band on large hd tv's and then use a private bath where you can partake in any party favors you'd like? Sometimes it pays to walk into a venue a bit early and scope the situation out. As far as the floor being too packed....I was at every Phil and Friends show and was surprised how unpacked it was. Funny how two people at the same show can get two totally different takes...

while i was not there for any of the shows, you are definitely the first person i have heard say that they thought it was not crowded. everybody i spoke with had something to say about the lack of room inside the venue.

the more reviews i hear about this place, the less inclined i am to want to see furthur there.

While the Cap is not perfect, I think it would be a great place for Furthur shows. There were many positive aspects to it. It's small / intimate. The Meto North station is literally next door, for easy access from the city. The cops were totally mellow (the MTA police were not very happy with the Shakedown in their parking lot one night but the local police were very mellow). The inside is nice and sounds good. They have a lighting system which allows for images to be displayed all across the ceiling and walls which is fun. There is a connected, large 'bar' with a video screen so you can still watch the show. For people not from NYC (like me), there are reasonably priced hotels in the area, easy parking near the venue, etc. The only real negative to me was that the floor, at least in the middle, was very crowded. I don't like the crowded part but I do like the small and GA part.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227638 1 year, 3 months ago
I kinda liked Wallingford, nice place, not TOO big, plenty of room to shake your bones, mellow security, plenty of parking, stores and hotels not too far away. It's almost half-way between Boston and New York, easy sell-out.

((((DROP THE DATES))))
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#227640 1 year, 3 months ago
oakdale in wallginford is super cool but the sound sucks in there.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227641 1 year, 3 months ago
"We're gonna try to make it if they do Bethel again. And Canangdaigua 2011 was AWESOME!!!! "

I would love a nice 6 night residency at Bethel this summer, that place was made for a band like Furthur !!!

gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, karenrose
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds