• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: 2013 Tour Rumors

#227216 1 year, 9 months ago
I wouldn't call the Tower a "semi run down" theater. During the last run there it looked pretty nice to me and the security was waaayyy cool, and oh the great micro beers they had on tap. I also scored a hotel that I could take a long walk to or short ($5) cab ride to for under $80. But I guess it is much better to be walking distance to the Country Club.

I really don't care that much but was just looking for reasons why people hold the Cap to such high status. Maybe they will do both, but I doubt it.

I really just hope they come back to New England!
Barefoot Mountain Mama
Junior Boarder
If all else fails.... dance

#227346 1 year, 9 months ago
As a spoiled rotten, Colorado head, I am looking forward to Red Rocks in September! By then I should about be recovered from February's mayhem. Its been a great few years with two runs a year in my back yard. I'm holding out hope that they continue the groovy, Colorado trend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227353 1 year, 9 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
I wouldn't call the Tower a "semi run down" theater. During the last run there it looked pretty nice to me and the security was waaayyy cool, and oh the great micro beers they had on tap. I also scored a hotel that I could take a long walk to or short ($5) cab ride to for under $80. But I guess it is much better to be walking distance to the Country Club.

I really don't care that much but was just looking for reasons why people hold the Cap to such high status. Maybe they will do both, but I doubt it.

I really just hope they come back to New England!

The floor at the Cap was WAY too packed when I saw Phil and friends there, It's not really any nicer than the Tower and the neighborhood aint exactly "country club" land. I was not too impressed, the only positive was very close train service and very minor police presence. The smoking area was rather small. I wouldn't go back without balcony seats.
-- smell every flower --
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#227361 1 year, 9 months ago
Barefoot Mountain Mama wrote:
As a spoiled rotten, Colorado head, I am looking forward to Red Rocks in September! By then I should about be recovered from February's mayhem. Its been a great few years with two runs a year in my back yard. I'm holding out hope that they continue the groovy, Colorado trend!

You Coloradans really do have it good! If you had more water out there, I'd move in a heartbeat!! I'm going to start praying to the Red Rocks gods for a September show the minute the last note of the Broomfield run has ended. I think I'd rather head out there again than try and tackle New York.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors, Barefoot Mountain Mama
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#227364 1 year, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Barefoot Mountain Mama wrote:

You Coloradans really do have it good! If you had more water out there, I'd move in a heartbeat!! I'm going to start praying to the Red Rocks gods for a September show the minute the last note of the Broomfield run has ended. I think I'd rather head out there again than try and tackle New York.

Colorado is our ultimate destiny...Kevin lived there for 16 years & vows to die there...he's only missed 3 Grateful Dead-related concerts there since the 70's! And my shop would do very well there...
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227388 1 year, 9 months ago
bxorain wrote:
B-Rad, the Cap is hands down my favorite indoor venue. Everything is so accessible - bars everywhere, cool outside patio area off the floor for smoking, private bathrooms, a separate attached bar with large tv's broadcasting the show in case you need a breather....I could go on and on, the place is set up perfectly and the vibe is super. Can't say enough about the place!

oh I forgot, you have to take steps down to the basement to use the mens room, missing the music completely, the floor was literally covered in piss from the 50 year old trough style urinals overflowing, didn't notice any private bathrooms
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by kevin.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#227397 1 year, 9 months ago
kevin wrote:
bxorain wrote:
B-Rad, the Cap is hands down my favorite indoor venue. Everything is so accessible - bars everywhere, cool outside patio area off the floor for smoking, private bathrooms, a separate attached bar with large tv's broadcasting the show in case you need a breather....I could go on and on, the place is set up perfectly and the vibe is super. Can't say enough about the place!

oh I forgot, you have to take steps down to the basement to use the mens room, missing the music completely, the floor was literally covered in piss from the 50 year old trough style urinals overflowing, didn't notice any private bathrooms

The bathrooms are down from the floor but they aren't troughs. They are real urinals but they are built for really really skinny people. Its very difficult to get into position when there are people on either side of you. They are ridiculous.

The place itself is very cool but the I also found the slope of the floor hurts my back after several days of shows...
Chester
More or less in line

#227398 1 year, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

I think I'd rather head out there again than try and tackle New York.

I'm going to presume you mean the city, and not the state. They better play some upstate shows this summer.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors, tenecjed
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#227419 1 year, 9 months ago
You guys gotta know what you're doing at the Cap....downstairs bathrooms?? Why would you ever choose that route when you can walk off the floor, catch a breather and a cold one at the attached bar, clearly hear the show, watch the band on large hd tv's and then use a private bath where you can partake in any party favors you'd like? Sometimes it pays to walk into a venue a bit early and scope the situation out. As far as the floor being too packed....I was at every Phil and Friends show and was surprised how unpacked it was. Funny how two people at the same show can get two totally different takes...
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#227461 1 year, 9 months ago
bxorain wrote:
You guys gotta know what you're doing at the Cap....downstairs bathrooms?? Why would you ever choose that route when you can walk off the floor, catch a breather and a cold one at the attached bar, clearly hear the show, watch the band on large hd tv's and then use a private bath where you can partake in any party favors you'd like? Sometimes it pays to walk into a venue a bit early and scope the situation out. As far as the floor being too packed....I was at every Phil and Friends show and was surprised how unpacked it was. Funny how two people at the same show can get two totally different takes...

The only time I used the bathrooms was on the way in and on the way out and the bathroom at the back of the floor is down some stairs. I did see the bar with video etc but I dont normally leave the floor until the end of the show. I thought the Cap was excellent in general. You could partake of party flavors on the floor with no problem. I would agree that the floor was way too packed though, and I was also at every show.

I would bet everyone who was at the show would have a different take
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by rippleish20.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds