• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#217964 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Wow, the Ogden looks like it has some good shows coming up, Trombone Shorty, Trampled By Turtles. Denver Man you hitting any of these?

Maybe Trampled by Turtles but DEFINITELY Railroad Earth
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217967 1 year, 7 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
the picture of this econo lodge looks like it was taken from the Ogden.
www.econolodge.com/hotel-denver-colorado-CO218

staying here thursday.

hope you have a good stay. It's been a while since I was in the vicinity of the Ogden, but last time I was there it was a fairly seedy area. The Ogden is right down Colfax from the Fillmore. Colfax is a main drag, and attracts an interesting element.
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#217968 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:

staying here thursday.

hope you have a good stay. It's been a while since I was in the vicinity of the Ogden, but last time I was there it was a fairly seedy area. The Ogden is right down Colfax from the Fillmore. Colfax is a main drag, and attracts an interesting element.

was gathering that after looking at the google street views and reading tripadvisor. Most of the reviews said the place is good for exactly these types of occasions. Concerts at fillmore or ogden and get outta town!!! thanx for the support we are kinda hoping it works too!!!! cheap and convenient with some optimism is the game plan.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217971 1 year, 7 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:

staying here thursday.

was gathering that after looking at the google street views and reading tripadvisor. Most of the reviews said the place is good for exactly these types of occasions. Concerts at fillmore or ogden and get outta town!!! thanx for the support we are kinda hoping it works too!!!! cheap and convenient with some optimism is the game plan.

About 20 years ago I was outside the Fillmore (then called Mammoth Gardens) and we were burning a j. The Guardian Angels came along and told us we'd have to put it out or they were going to call the cops. I stuck what was left of it in my mouth and told 'em to have a nice day. The Gurardian Angels, for those of you unaware, are a group of people who patrol neighborhoods in their red jackets/red berets. Anyway, things have mellowed in CO regarding herb laws so I doubt that should be a problem.

While there just keep your wits about you, your doors locked and your valuables secure......the usual.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217972 1 year, 7 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:

staying here thursday.

Yeah it's shady but I wouldn't be too worried. I used to live right over there. There are a couple of spots that are good to avoid but really it aint too bad. San Francisco is way seedier..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217973 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:

staying here thursday.

About 20 years ago I was outside the Fillmore (then called Mammoth Gardens) and we were burning a j. The Guardian Angels came along and told us we'd have to put it out or they were going to call the cops. I stuck what was left of it in my mouth and told 'em to have a nice day. The Gurardian Angels, for those of you unaware, are a group of people who patrol neighborhoods in their red jackets/red berets. Anyway, things have mellowed in CO regarding herb laws so I doubt that should be a problem.

While there just keep your wits about you, your doors locked and your valuables secure......the usual.

Those guys are a joke. Besides by that time pot should be fully legal...
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#217975 1 year, 7 months ago
When I saw the poster, I smiled from ear-to-ear. Wonderful news for all! It's only been posted here for 7 and-a-half hours, and has brought many pages of joy already.
Thank You Jerry
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217976 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:

staying here thursday.

Those guys are a joke. Besides by that time pot should be fully legal...

you think this won't get tied up in the courts? Federal or otherwise? It would be great if we could have a little bit of Amsterdam this side of the Atlantic. I can just see cafes up and down the 16th street mall
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#217978 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Wow, the Ogden looks like it has some good shows coming up, Trombone Shorty, Trampled By Turtles. Denver Man you hitting any of these?

Maybe Trampled by Turtles but DEFINITELY Railroad Earth

That's the one I spaced, RRE man that's gonna be AMAZING! If it's cheap enough you should check out the turtles, good bluegrass.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217980 1 year, 7 months ago
No I don't think it will get tied up too long. Denver cops haven't given much thought to pot smoking the last couple of years anyway.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217984 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
No I don't think it will get tied up too long. Denver cops haven't given much thought to pot smoking the last couple of years anyway.

Now Broomfield cops, being a suburban outfit, are a bit more uptight about those damn pot smoking hippies as a word of advice!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#217986 1 year, 7 months ago
Well this sure is awesome. Skiing and Furthur music, nothing better. Did it in 2011 and it was the best time

Vid from the Sat night that run above Shakedown>Viola>Birdsong. Yeah man.

Now how I am gonna pull this off. It doesnt really matter......if just has to happen!!

See you all there, and in about 29 days. Yahoooo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen, MajorBojangles
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds