• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:417

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219334 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Gratefulart wrote:
Ogden WTF!!!!

Not the first post i wanted to make on the family site, but this getting ridiculous.

THE STUB HUB NAZIS MUST BE STOPPED

Furthur ticketing management needs to fix this problem. For pre sale and public sale for the Ogden show I was online with my girlfriend 45min before hand. Both times I had the option to order before 10:01 and both times it said no tickets were available, even for a 1 ticket order.
Yet both times tickets were all ready on sale on stub hub less than 5 min later. Now they start at $230!!!!

For dedicated fans, this is an outrage and should not be a problem. Furthur management should be able to control this issue better than they do.

Maybe for other lame acts this would be an issue, but the Grateful Dead/ Furthur people who run the show have always made sure at least the fans got the tickets. Not the bulk of the scalping community.

STEP IT UP GUYS. IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS WAY


It's not the Ogden's fault! But the one shady thing I guess was letting people into the waiting room before 10 am. Ahh well they had to do something to keep their server from crashing so I guess they were trying to do the right thing at least


To be fair, they (the Ogden) did say that the wait room would open up "shortly" before the on sale time. Now, I didn't know whether that was a half-hour, 15 minutes, 10 minutes or what. Turns out it was 5 minutes...I didn't take any chances, and was refreshing the screen about every 30 seconds from 9:45A on, and got immediately into the wait room at 9:55A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LukeV
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
Posts:1079
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219335 1 year, 9 months ago
I am a little upset that Furthur would play a place as small as the Ogden; hard to get in, then once you do, no room to dance.. but that's just me.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7574
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219353 1 year, 9 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
I am a little upset that Furthur would play a place as small as the Ogden; hard to get in, then once you do, no room to dance.. but that's just me.


I thought the beacon was really small?

I just wonder by how much they over sold it by.. that will be the key to having room or not

The smallest place I have seen Furthur is Las Vegas, so I don't know I guess it's a chance to see them in a small place and get that old school feeling that disappeared by time the 80's came around..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1254
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219356 1 year, 9 months ago
okay, well.... i still have 2 extra for sat nite in Broomfield if anyone wants to trade for 2 ogden...PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!????????
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7574
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219359 1 year, 9 months ago
Man I feel bad for the people who got shut out.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1254
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219363 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Man I feel bad for the people who got shut out.

Mark, were you able to get any ogden tix? also, i sent you a message on the forum & an email about the shirts...
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1254
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219366 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
If my mail order goes through I'd love to help someone out.

ME! ME!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7574
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219368 1 year, 9 months ago
karenrose wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Man I feel bad for the people who got shut out.

Mark, were you able to get any ogden tix? also, i sent you a message on the forum & an email about the shirts...


Yes I got your email, thank you so much!!!

I totally lucked out during the frontgate sale and got 1
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1254
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219372 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
karenrose wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Man I feel bad for the people who got shut out.

Mark, were you able to get any ogden tix? also, i sent you a message on the forum & an email about the shirts...


Yes I got your email, thank you so much!!!

I totally lucked out during the frontgate sale and got 1

Maybe i should hold these shirts hostage for that 1 ticket...lol. just kidding...
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7574
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219375 1 year, 9 months ago
Noooo hahaha

I could very easily be in the same boat... seriously I usually have terrible luck with high demand shows like that..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:417

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219385 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Little Bear wrote:
I am a little upset that Furthur would play a place as small as the Ogden; hard to get in, then once you do, no room to dance.. but that's just me.


I thought the beacon was really small?

I just wonder by how much they over sold it by.. that will be the key to having room or not

The smallest place I have seen Furthur is Las Vegas, so I don't know I guess it's a chance to see them in a small place and get that old school feeling that disappeared by time the 80's came around..


Just out of curiosity, what is the smallest public venue that Furthur has played? I would guess TRI is the smallest overall, but what about venues that people can buy tix to? The Joint in Vegas shows capacity at a little over 3000, and the Beacon is over 4000. Any ideas?
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:840
Don't you see........

Re: FURTHUR FIRST BANK FEB 22-24!!!!

#219394 1 year, 9 months ago
Didnt read the whole thread. I was out skiing some great deep powder today at 9 AM when the public sale went on but my bros were supposed to be ready to go. Apparently they got shut out as we have 2 ticks for Thursday night from Stub Hub at 230 each, OUCH. Oh freakin well, what can you say.

I am psyched for a new venue though. My smallest venue was luckily enough TXR, dont know that it will get smaller then that. And small does not mean crowded unless as DenverMan says, they oversold. I am hoping not and we can all get our groove on without too much bumping.

No before we get too far down the road...............NYE!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds