• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Anything other then brimstone

#217003 1 year, 9 months ago
Thought it might be nice to discuss something other then religion and who has the best spot waiting in heaven because they preached and made the rest of the world see there wicked ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
devtmm
Junior Boarder

Re: Anything other then brimstone

#217018 1 year, 9 months ago
I always find it amusing that deadheads, who claim to be the most accepting and welcoming subculture around, are in reality extremely intolerant of anybody that disagrees with their opinions.

The hostility against anyone who says anything remotely Christian is sickening.

The same can be said for anyone who expresses conservative opinions.

What is even funnier is when people say "how can you be a deadhead?" when you have a different world view than them.

This board needs a serious dose of tolerance
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#217020 1 year, 9 months ago
I heard thru the grapevine that there is this band called Furthur that is pretty good. What are they all about?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken, E.zehner
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217022 1 year, 9 months ago
Was it just something I dreamed up, or wasn't there a consensus amongst those who use this forum, and Dead heads in general wherein herewith the following shall apply going forward:

we accept and tolerate conservatives if, and only if, they are fiscally conservative and socially liberal

The Bible is a good book (some would even say it's THE good book) and there are plenty of messages contained within that promote love amongst mankind. It are those who interpret it in a way that befits their agenda and spoil it for a lot of people.

Whilst the Bible professes to be the word of God, you are still free to practice free will and may you avoid eternal damnation for your sinful ways.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217023 1 year, 9 months ago
gvanman wrote:
I heard thru the grapevine that there is this band called Furthur that is pretty good. What are they all about?

They are that band that stole John K from DSO
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#217025 1 year, 9 months ago
LOL. Oh Yeah. I liked that guy. I'll have to check it out.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#217027 1 year, 9 months ago
devtmm wrote:
I always find it amusing that deadheads, who claim to be the most accepting and welcoming subculture around, are in reality extremely intolerant of anybody that disagrees with their opinions.

The hostility against anyone who says anything remotely Christian is sickening.

The same can be said for anyone who expresses conservative opinions.

What is even funnier is when people say "how can you be a deadhead?" when you have a different world view than them.

This board needs a serious dose of tolerance

Its only sick because its in your head and the board needs a serious dose of less religion and more music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#217028 1 year, 9 months ago
Anything other than..ok I like that!

This is an oldie but a goodie!!

www.digitalxpression.co.uk/dwheel.swf
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#217042 1 year, 9 months ago

This is pure gold. More specifically certain voluminous posters. Don't dare say anything critical of Furthur or certain songs ..god forbid anyone have their own opinion. You will be labeled with the Scarlet furthur board letter as a "troll" . The hilarious thing is these people don't even know the meaning of the word. Let me help, a troll is someone who has no interest in a board/subject and just posts ridiculous things to inflame people. Because you don't agree with a posters "opinion" does not mean that person is a "troll". You may want to consult the urban dictionary.

This board needs a serious dose of tolerance.

Bingo!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217051 1 year, 9 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
always find it amusing that deadheads, who claim to be the most accepting and welcoming subculture around, are in reality extremely intolerant of anybody that disagrees with their opinions.

This is pure gold. More specifically certain voluminous posters. Don't dare say anything critical of Furthur or certain songs ..god forbid anyone have their own opinion. You will be labeled with the Scarlet furthur board letter as a "troll" . The hilarious thing is these people don't even know the meaning of the word. Let me help, a troll is someone who has no interest in a board/subject and just posts ridiculous things to inflame people. Because you don't agree with a posters "opinion" does not mean that person is a "troll". You may want to consult the urban dictionary.

In other words:

the law come to getcha' if you don't walk right!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds