• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216681 1 year, 4 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Interesting conversation. I've heard of Kesha, but not familiar with her music. Inverted crucifixes, pentagrams? Nothing new there. Ozzy was doing that 25 years ago, Marilyn Manson more recently. Look at photos of Kesha and she looks like just another pop singer that would have all believe she's just another trollop seeking publicity. Was just listening to a documentary on David Bowie. There was an interview around '72 where he proclaimed he's gay and always was (when he was then a parent and married). He was also wearing dresses and looking quite androgynous. Good publicity stunt that paid off well for him. Eventually he got more popular and people forgot about the gayness as he changed his image. Kesha is nothing new and I don't feel the kiddies need to sheltered from her. Eventually they grow out of this crap, and hopefully will start listening to Mum and Dad's Dead boots and get shown the light.

yeah, i understand all this...
it has been going on for quite a while...
but never on such vanilla type shows as The Today show....
early in the morning...
i just fiind the trend alarming...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1496

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216682 1 year, 4 months ago
Carl wrote:
anyone else see slayer and the dead in the same month? I must have 5+ times in the late 80's



I've probably seen Metallica or Iron Maiden in the same month as I saw the Dead. An interesting contrast for sure.
Staggerl
Junior Boarder
Posts:56

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216684 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
nycdave wrote:
The Grateful Dead sing a song called Friend of the Devil. Couldn't that be considered promoting being friends with deamons? I am not saying that is what this song is about. All I am saying is to be careful about takeing symbols that upset you, and coming to the conclusion that these symbols promote "evil" which will lead to satan ruling the world.


I cant believe Im the only one who sees the danger in demonic imagery coming from a pop star who has millions of young/impressionable fans she can subvert.
& then to hav her perfom on such a vanilla type show early in the morning...
& no parents here are taken aback by this???

wtf is wrong with you people????


I find this encouraging. We can only hope that the next generation will not be so foolish as to believe in such rediculous and dangerous propaganda spread by religion.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1496

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216686 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Interesting conversation. I've heard of Kesha, but not familiar with her music. Inverted crucifixes, pentagrams? Nothing new there. Ozzy was doing that 25 years ago, Marilyn Manson more recently. Look at photos of Kesha and she looks like just another pop singer that would have all believe she's just another trollop seeking publicity. Was just listening to a documentary on David Bowie. There was an interview around '72 where he proclaimed he's gay and always was (when he was then a parent and married). He was also wearing dresses and looking quite androgynous. Good publicity stunt that paid off well for him. Eventually he got more popular and people forgot about the gayness as he changed his image. Kesha is nothing new and I don't feel the kiddies need to sheltered from her. Eventually they grow out of this crap, and hopefully will start listening to Mum and Dad's Dead boots and get shown the light.

yeah, i understand all this...
it has been going on for quite a while...
but never on such vanilla type shows as The Today show....
early in the morning...
i just fiind the trend alarming...


I've aways found, as Joni Mitchell described it, 'the start making machinery' a bit disturbing. If this bugs you I'm guessing you missed the likes of the Plasmatics or GG Allin, or the Sex Pistols. Hard to believe now the fury the Pistols caused around the time of Queen Elizabeth's silver jubilee, or whatever it was. God Save the Queen was the #1 song in the UK, and was not recognized as actually being so.
A show like Today needs to seem semi current and with it to try and lure some of that audience, which has a lot of disposable income to spend on advertisers products. The best thing for you to do is write a letter to NBC and pray for her (Kesha's) soul.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1496

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216687 1 year, 4 months ago
Staggerl wrote:
Wheelman wrote:
nycdave wrote:
The Grateful Dead sing a song called Friend of the Devil. Couldn't that be considered promoting being friends with deamons? I am not saying that is what this song is about. All I am saying is to be careful about takeing symbols that upset you, and coming to the conclusion that these symbols promote "evil" which will lead to satan ruling the world.


I cant believe Im the only one who sees the danger in demonic imagery coming from a pop star who has millions of young/impressionable fans she can subvert.
& then to hav her perfom on such a vanilla type show early in the morning...
& no parents here are taken aback by this???

wtf is wrong with you people????


I find this encouraging. We can only hope that the next generation will not be so foolish as to believe in such rediculous and dangerous propaganda spread by religion.


It's not the message, but the messenger that unfortunately leaves a bad taste with so many when it comes to religion.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:963
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216688 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
i just fiind the trend alarming...
C'mon now. Enough of this grandstanding. It just makes you look silly and fanatical. There's no trend at all...unless the mountain was built out of a few times a year and with nothing but happenstance. They do it once or twice, and then you never see it near them again. They don't believe it, and anyone with any sense knows it is pure costume.

What did you think of Lady Gaga's meat dress? A life taken for that "statement".

Slayer is highly psychedelic. The 2nd and 3rd albums were always in my tape box and present at Dead shows and trips to Dead shows.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4625

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216690 1 year, 4 months ago
Okay Wheelman, you have convinced me. No more songs promoting Devil worship. Uh this is going to be more difficult than I thought. I like Devil With a Bllue Dress On. However, if it will help defer Beelzebub's plans to take over the world, I will be more pious and g-d fearing. Even though Devil May Care is such a good song. Can I still listen to Good Golly Miss Molly? That's only about sex, not devil worship. Though some believe that hot sex leads to devil worship. Unless you r married and procreating. Lord knows I am a fallen sinner. We will understand it better bye and bye!
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216693 1 year, 4 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
C'mon now. Enough of this grandstanding. It just makes you look silly and fanatical. There's no trend at all...unless the mountain was built out of a few times a year and with nothing but happenstance. They do it once or twice, and then you never see it near them again. They don't believe it, and anyone with any sense knows it is pure costume.

What did you think of Lady Gaga's meat dress? A life taken for that "statement".


grandstanding on a message board?
(is that even possible?)
ive only delivered my views...
they may seem silly to you..
but some things I hold sacred, & others sacrilegious...

& Lady Gaga is another abomination...

just because a certain behavior becomes the norm..
does not mean its acceptable...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Wheelman.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216695 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Okay Wheelman, you have convinced me. No more songs promoting Devil worship. Uh this is going to be more difficult than I thought. I like Devil With a Bllue Dress On. However, if it will help defer Beelzebub's plans to take over the world, I will be more pious and g-d fearing. Even though Devil May Care is such a good song. Can I still listen to Good Golly Miss Molly? That's only about sex, not devil worship. Though some believe that hot sex leads to devil worship. Unless you r married and procreating. Lord knows I am a fallen sinner. We will understand it better bye and bye!


oh-brother....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:963
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216696 1 year, 4 months ago
See, I view intelligence and argument to be sacred things, and from that perspective, I find you sacrilegious to the latter. Throw a couple emoticons at me to really push your stance forward.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by ZenoMarx. Reason: not what I meant to say the first time
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2592

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216697 1 year, 4 months ago
Lets not forget that all religions are man made and in place to provide a moral compass.

They all also get misinterpreted by those seeking power, or money.

A good example of the fakeness of religion is the crusades, where heaven was promised to those who killed any non Christians.

The real sins we commit are violence or harm towards any living being.

Not to mention that the first amendment in America and the whole religious freedom thing. We want our own, but are
Aghast at others freedoms.

The gay marriage issue is another good example of this. The problem with that is the law got involved too. Legalized segregation based on lawmakers religious beliefs. I say let the law be fair to all and each church decide wether gay marriage is acceptable.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216708 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman...you ARE aware that the Dead started out as the Warlocks? No doubt an early artifact or precursor of your "disturbing trend".... You are free to enjoy your choice of religion and values, you are not free to impose them on others, nor dictate what may or may not be shown on the nation's airwaves. The greatest mystery to me is why you ever started this thread on THIS board.

Peace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, nycdave
Time to create page: 1.05 seconds