• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217049 1 year, 10 months ago
10-4...

But let's not throw out my whole argument, because of a small faux pas

plz dont hang your hat on that, & call it a victory...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Wheelman.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217063 1 year, 10 months ago
Oui, monsieur.

There was a time when I would have told you to take a long walk off a short pier, but I think over the years I've become more tolerant in some ways.

As you've seen by now you've certainly opened a can of worms. Can't say you've drawn anyone over to your way of thinking, but you've given it the ol' college try. To quote an old favorite:

Face piles and piles of trials with smiles
it riles them to believe you perceive the
web they weave
and keep thinking free
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#217064 1 year, 10 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Wheelman, IMHO this has been a fun thread that you started. Of course you have a right to express concern about something that upsets you. Even if I disagree with you, I will always defend your right to express your concerns. That you would choose to do it in a primarily Furthur music based website is curious, however since you placed it in the General Discussion (Topics not covered in other forums) area, it's all good. I am still not convinced that you are not stirring things up just to stir stuff up, however I will take you at your word that your concerns are genuine. Religious organizations have a way of expressing moral indignation about stuff that creates more danger than the issue at hand. By doing so (in this case) you maybe giving Keisha more credit then she deserves. For any artist, bad publicity is better then none at all.
How do you feel about the Rolling Stones song Sympathy for the Devil. Phil & Friends covered this song one halloween, but that is neither here not there. If you are serious about being a god fearing christian and serving the lord the best you can, I would challange you to think through how you go about doing that. Exressing outrage because a teen pop star wears satanic symbols is fun and all, but...
Religious values that focus on positive stuff can be a healthy thing, for some people. In this day and age, religious intolorence for percieved threats to the world can cause more harm than good. Your own intolorence for Keisha is not that big of a thing, but I would humbly suggest that you could find better things to either get upset about or focus on. A nod towards more positive stuff is my recomendation, but who am I to tell you how to act.

If we walk together, little children
We don't ever have to worry
Through this world of trouble
We gotta love one another

Let us take our fellow man by the hand
Try to help him to understand
We can all be together, forever and ever
When we make it to the promised land

I remember my first show w/ Jerry, Summer '84 Jer Band in Long Island. I wasn't welcomed into the scene. Up and down the side isles and around the back. It didn't take long for the crowd to open up, relatively. Second show, patience brought opening after opening. Flowing through the crowd like so many without bumping, but softly. Careful and considerate of one another. Yes, take your fellow by the hand. To all with an open mind, we find things in our lives that we must exclude for our own health, and even the health of our fellows. When I was adamantly apposed to cocaine, I was more of a rock of support to my friends w/ serious habits, than as a friend w/ acceptance of the substance. I love the open forum of the Grateful Dead scene. We were representing and accepting, sometimes w/o judgement, sometimes with. Try judgement w/ a center of, "It's my best opinion, open to change." As a brother in the ways of Jesus Christ, I appreciate having other brothers and sisters who are open to Christ, and Deadheads, a title I accepted after Jerry died. To each their own, however, if one is heading for a pit I'll point it out; if they fall in I'll put out a hand. The devil is a character I put no credence in until he showed up in a dream and held my attention w/o my being able to wake. I had heard of such experience, as a friend had such nightmares in college. I prayed to the forces of light, the Father of Jesus. Light filled the dream around the devil's face, and he was strong enough to hold the light from taking over completely. He rode from my dream in a carriage. Quintessential. Certainly believe what you want, check it out thoroughly, remain open. I can not decide for another what is an imagined source of man and what is GOD's. I can say I've been physically moved in prayer for direction and moved w/o my desire and beyond my control. Growing up I was not comfortable w/ the word God as the hypocrisy was overwhelming the story. Now I know the story, having read the book beginning till end several times, several versions, and ex-canonical works and perspectives of the Cannon. Clearly, we are all God's children, some closer to the Truth than others. Some people do not recognize that the truth is available. After all, recognizing there is a truth is a philosophical milestone. Many people believe there is only perception . . . The sound of a tree falling in a forest does not require human presence to make a sound. The sound of one hand clapping is a lonely sound. I like my bad company, better than no company. Although I consider starting fresh w/o all the lies, manipulation, and brainwashing. The level of manipulation by those in power is extreme through the technology, media censorship, and bottom line. Are the inbred bloodlines of the world's less than 1% confused, selfish, and afraid? Are they maintaining control? Are they lead by selfish or altruistic motivation? It seems obvious to me, conspiring is a necessity of those in control. It's just good business sense. Being aware of the powers that be do not make for an easier row to hoe. Perhaps easier is not the goal. Stand firm in the good. To say there is no good w/o evil is like saying their is no statement w/o interruption. Good luck w/o luck is good fortune. Keep God first and serve. peace
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217065 1 year, 10 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
10-4...

But let's not throw out my whole argument, because of a small faux pas

plz dont hang your hat on that, & call it a victory...

I'm not seeking any sort of "victory". There is none to be gained from this type of discussion.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217066 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Oui, monsieur.

There was a time when I would have told you to take a long walk off a short pier, but I think over the years I've become more tolerant in some ways.

As you've seen by now you've certainly opened a can of worms.

Can't say you've drawn anyone over to your way of thinking, but you've given it the ol' college try. To quote an old favorite:

oh I understood it would be an uphill battle before I started the thread...

but
"ya gotta shoot for the moon, to mak it over the fence"

(to quote Evil Knievel)...
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217069 1 year, 10 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:

I remember my first show w/ Jerry, Summer '84 Jer Band in Long Island. I wasn't welcomed into the scene. Up and down the side isles and around the back. It didn't take long for the crowd to open up, relatively. Second show, patience brought opening after opening. Flowing through the crowd like so many without bumping, but softly. Careful and considerate of one another. Yes, take your fellow by the hand. To all with an open mind, we find things in our lives that we must exclude for our own health, and even the health of our fellows. When I was adamantly apposed to cocaine, I was more of a rock of support to my friends w/ serious habits, than as a friend w/ acceptance of the substance. I love the open forum of the Grateful Dead scene. We were representing and accepting, sometimes w/o judgement, sometimes with. Try judgement w/ a center of, "It's my best opinion, open to change." As a brother in the ways of Jesus Christ, I appreciate having other brothers and sisters who are open to Christ, and Deadheads, a title I accepted after Jerry died. To each their own, however, if one is heading for a pit I'll point it out; if they fall in I'll put out a hand. The devil is a character I put no credence in until he showed up in a dream and held my attention w/o my being able to wake. I had heard of such experience, as a friend had such nightmares in college. I prayed to the forces of light, the Father of Jesus. Light filled the dream around the devil's face, and he was strong enough to hold the light from taking over completely. He rode from my dream in a carriage. Quintessential. Certainly believe what you want, check it out thoroughly, remain open. I can not decide for another what is an imagined source of man and what is GOD's. I can say I've been physically moved in prayer for direction and moved w/o my desire and beyond my control. Growing up I was not comfortable w/ the word God as the hypocrisy was overwhelming the story. Now I know the story, having read the book beginning till end several times, several versions, and ex-canonical works and perspectives of the Cannon. Clearly, we are all God's children, some closer to the Truth than others. Some people do not recognize that the truth is available. After all, recognizing there is a truth is a philosophical milestone. Many people believe there is only perception . . . The sound of a tree falling in a forest does not require human presence to make a sound. The sound of one hand clapping is a lonely sound. I like my bad company, better than no company. Although I consider starting fresh w/o all the lies, manipulation, and brainwashing. The level of manipulation by those in power is extreme through the technology, media censorship, and bottom line. Are the inbred bloodlines of the world's less than 1% confused, selfish, and afraid? Are they maintaining control? Are they lead by selfish or altruistic motivation? It seems obvious to me, conspiring is a necessity of those in control. It's just good business sense. Being aware of the powers that be do not make for an easier row to hoe. Perhaps easier is not the goal. Stand firm in the good. To say there is no good w/o evil is like saying their is no statement w/o interruption. Good luck w/o luck is good fortune. Keep God first and serve. peace

oh..
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#217074 1 year, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
I AM JESUS CHRIST

Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#217093 1 year, 10 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
funky420 wrote:
anyone who doesn't agree with Wheelman should stop posting on this thread so the dang thing will drop. It's getting old and moving nowhere, he must think he's changing minds and lives here, but it's probably more like wasting time, and minds.

you dont have to acknowledge this thread...
the existence of this thread should not bother you one way or the other...

you want it to go away?

simply pretend it doesnt exist...

You could do the same with the Kesha performance.

The existence of her performance should not bother you one way or the other....

You want her to go away?

simply pretend it doesn't exist...

If I understand you correctly, it's not Kesha or the Today show that seems to bother you the most, it's the influence they have on our youth and society.
I think it's better to teach others how to make good choices, rather than to "protect" them from exposure to bad things. Better to teach a child why they shouldn't eat cookies all the time rather than to hide the cookie jar. Eventually in life, we're all exposed to bad influences. It's the decisions we make in response to those bad influences that can allow us to avoid the pitfalls of life.

Who is stronger? A man who avoids exposure to any and all things "bad" in life, or one who can walk thru the bad and come out the other side untainted.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
JLP
Fresh Boarder

#217095 1 year, 10 months ago
wow. maybe she just loves satan. why should that bother you so much? are you really into jesus? I am genuinely curious how or why you find this so disturbing
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217098 1 year, 10 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Wheelman wrote:
funky420 wrote:
anyone who doesn't agree with Wheelman should stop posting on this thread so the dang thing will drop. It's getting old and moving nowhere, he must think he's changing minds and lives here, but it's probably more like wasting time, and minds.

you dont have to acknowledge this thread...
the existence of this thread should not bother you one way or the other...

you want it to go away?

simply pretend it doesnt exist...

You could do the same with the Kesha performance.

The existence of her performance should not bother you one way or the other....

You want her to go away?

simply pretend it doesn't exist...

i want to address the topic..
you obviously dont want this thread to keep going..
we all have a choice...
now it seems you want to involve yourself in this discussion...
as of right now...
i dont see this thread going anywhere soon...
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Wheelman.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217099 1 year, 10 months ago
JLP wrote:
wow. maybe she just loves satan. why should that bother you so much? are you really into jesus? I am genuinely curious how or why you find this so disturbing

then start at the beginning of the thread..
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#217104 1 year, 10 months ago
If I understand you correctly, it's not Kesha or the Today show that seems to bother you the most, it's the influence they have on our youth and society.
I think it's better to teach others how to make good choices, rather than to "protect" them from exposure to bad things. Better to teach a child why they shouldn't eat cookies all the time rather than to hide the cookie jar. Eventually in life, we're all exposed to bad influences. It's the decisions we make in response to those bad influences that can allow us to avoid the pitfalls of life.

Who is stronger? A man who avoids exposure to any and all things "bad" in life, or one who can walk thru the bad and come out the other side untainted.
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds