• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217030 1 year, 9 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I just did a search on the internet, and it seems that from the hundreds and hundreds of people online, only 1 person actually took to the web to voice displeasure and disapproval of this performance from this artist who until just a few days ago, I never heard of.

Looks like the preacher has a congregation of one.

I thought you were simply annoying and weird with all your posts about California falling into the sea. Now I think you need some serious help.


(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217032 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:


I want to clarify something. I've only ever heard of one performer who sold their soul, and that's never actually been confirmed. This would have been Robert Johnson who allegedly sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads one night many moons ago.


ahh the curse of Robert Johnson...
know the legend well...

quite a few others musicians who died at the same age...
he died at 27
who else did?
Pigpen
Jim Morrison
Hendrix
Janis
Brian Jones
Kurt Cobain
Amy Winehouse
David Alexander (from The Stooges)
Pete Ham (from Badfinger)
im sure there's more...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Wheelman.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7502
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217034 1 year, 9 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Thank you all for bringing some interesting debate to this forum. I couldn't take another thread about fucking chili!


Holy shit I about spit my coffee all over my computer screen
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217036 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:


I want to clarify something. I've only ever heard of one performer who sold their soul, and that's never actually been confirmed. This would have been Robert Johnson who allegedly sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads one night many moons ago.


ahh the curse of Robert Johnson...
know the legend well...

quite a few others musicians who died at the same age...
he died at 27
who else did?
Pigpen
Jim Morrison
Hendrix
Janis
Brian Jones
Kurt Cobain
David Alexander (from The Stooges)
Pete Ham (from Badfinger)
im sure there's more...


Just because they died at the tender age of 27 DOES NOT mean they made a pact with the Devil and sold their souls. Am I interpreting you correctly?
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5459

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217038 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman, IMHO this has been a fun thread that you started. Of course you have a right to express concern about something that upsets you. Even if I disagree with you, I will always defend your right to express your concerns. That you would choose to do it in a primarily Furthur music based website is curious, however since you placed it in the General Discussion (Topics not covered in other forums) area, it's all good. I am still not convinced that you are not stirring things up just to stir stuff up, however I will take you at your word that your concerns are genuine. Religious organizations have a way of expressing moral indignation about stuff that creates more danger than the issue at hand. By doing so (in this case) you maybe giving Keisha more credit then she deserves. For any artist, bad publicity is better then none at all.
How do you feel about the Rolling Stones song Sympathy for the Devil. Phil & Friends covered this song one halloween, but that is neither here not there. If you are serious about being a god fearing christian and serving the lord the best you can, I would challange you to think through how you go about doing that. Exressing outrage because a teen pop star wears satanic symbols is fun and all, but...
Religious values that focus on positive stuff can be a healthy thing, for some people. In this day and age, religious intolorence for percieved threats to the world can cause more harm than good. Your own intolorence for Keisha is not that big of a thing, but I would humbly suggest that you could find better things to either get upset about or focus on. A nod towards more positive stuff is my recomendation, but who am I to tell you how to act.

If we walk together, little children
We don't ever have to worry
Through this world of trouble
We gotta love one another

Let us take our fellow man by the hand
Try to help him to understand
We can all be together, forever and ever
When we make it to the promised land
MossMan
Fresh Boarder
Posts:9

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217040 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey wheelman, since its sooo easy to convert someone to a given religion, I think you can counteract the kesha today show appearance simply by going on the 700 club in a leotard with a RIGHT-SIDE UP cross on it...problem solved. Don't worry about me though, you've already convinced me that spiritual enlightenment can be had BY SCRUTINIZING THE OUTFIT OF AN EMPTY-HEADED POP STAR. Thanks man
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217041 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:


Just because they died at the tender age of 27 DOES NOT mean they made a pact with the Devil and sold their souls. Am I interpreting you correctly?

no it doesn't prove anything...
BUT IT'S DAMN CURIOUS!!! (wouldnt you agree?)
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217043 1 year, 9 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Wheelman, IMHO this has been a fun thread that you started. Of course you have a right to express concern about something that upsets you. Even if I disagree with you, I will always defend your right to express your concerns. That you would choose to do it in a primarily Furthur music based website is curious, however since you placed it in the General Discussion (Topics not covered in other forums) area, it's all good. I am still not convinced that you are not stirring things up just to stir stuff up, however I will take you at your word that your concerns are genuine. Religious organizations have a way of expressing moral indignation about stuff that creates more danger than the issue at hand. By doing so (in this case) you maybe giving Keisha more credit then she deserves. For any artist, bad publicity is better then none at all.
How do you feel about the Rolling Stones song Sympathy for the Devil. Phil & Friends covered this song one halloween, but that is neither here not there. If you are serious about being a god fearing christian and serving the lord the best you can, I would challange you to think through how you go about doing that. Exressing outrage because a teen pop star wears satanic symbols is fun and all, but...
Religious values that focus on positive stuff can be a healthy thing, for some people. In this day and age, religious intolorence for percieved threats to the world can cause more harm than good. Your own intolorence for Keisha is not that big of a thing, but I would humbly suggest that you could find better things to either get upset about or focus on. A nod towards more positive stuff is my recomendation, but who am I to tell you how to act.


too many qwuestions from one post for me to address simultaniously...
so I'll address just one for now...
the song Sympathy for the devil, doesnt necessarily (IMO) promote devil worship...
but rather tells an intriguing tale about the devil...
you take a song like Monkey Man from the Stones...
& that specifically states "do satanic"
that lyric I WILL NOT SING!!!!...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
funky420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3277
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217045 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
funky420 wrote:
anyone who doesn't agree with Wheelman should stop posting on this thread so the dang thing will drop. It's getting old and moving nowhere, he must think he's changing minds and lives here, but it's probably more like wasting time, and minds.


you dont have to acknowledge this thread...
the existence of this thread should not bother you one way or the other...

you want it to go away?

simply pretend it doesnt exist...


Oh so you enjoy running around in circles and chasing your tail. Got it
have fun repeating yourself and accomplishing nothing.
The voices tell me what to say
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#217046 1 year, 9 months ago
MossMan wrote:
Hey wheelman, since its sooo easy to convert someone to a given religion, I think you can counteract the kesha today show appearance simply by going on the 700 club in a leotard with a RIGHT-SIDE UP cross on it...problem solved. Don't worry about me though, you've already convinced me that spiritual enlightenment can be had BY SCRUTINIZING THE OUTFIT OF AN EMPTY-HEADED POP STAR. Thanks man

I'd luv to be on the 700 Club...

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds