• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
floepiejane
Junior Boarder

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216984 1 year, 9 months ago
Get over it. Satanism is for childish minds.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#216987 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelie, kisha should hire you as her PR guy, I never heard of her before yesterday, NOW I'm checking out tour dates !!!

-- smell every flower --
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217006 1 year, 9 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Question for Wheelman: Do you really belive that Kesha's goal is to spread satanism, or are you just having fun here, making much to do about very little.
Do you believe that god want's you to stop Kesha from promoting devil worship amongst the young?
Is it the symbols that her dancers wear that upsets you so much?
As a god fearing christian, do you believe that god want's you to lead a crusade against Kesha?

Observation: In todays world, there is a lot of stuff to express moral indignation about. Some seriously evil stuff. To wage a holy war against Kisha's dancers outfits seems like misdirected energy. There is a preacher who believes that burning the Koran is a positive way to serve god. Crusading against Kesha's dancers outfits is not quite at the same level. But does it really serve to make this world we live in a better place?

1st let me thank Iriecycle....
there's a lot to digest there...(so I hope to get back to you on that post of yours)

now onto NYCDave..
yes, I do believe she wants to spread it..
yes, I believe its a Christians duty to to stop such pervasiveness
Im not sure your term Holy-war suits here...all I did was start a thread...
& express my views on something I strongly disagree with...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217007 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Question for Wheelman: Do you really belive that Kesha's goal is to spread satanism, or are you just having fun here, making much to do about very little.
Do you believe that god want's you to stop Kesha from promoting devil worship amongst the young?
Is it the symbols that her dancers wear that upsets you so much?
As a god fearing christian, do you believe that god want's you to lead a crusade against Kesha?

Observation: In todays world, there is a lot of stuff to express moral indignation about. Some seriously evil stuff. To wage a holy war against Kisha's dancers outfits seems like misdirected energy. There is a preacher who believes that burning the Koran is a positive way to serve god. Crusading against Kesha's dancers outfits is not quite at the same level. But does it really serve to make this world we live in a better place?

1st let me thank Iriecycle....
there's a lot to digest there...(so I hope to get back to you on that post of yours)

now onto NYCDave..
yes, I do believe she wants to spread it..
yes, I believe its a Christians duty to to stop such pervasiveness
Im not sure your term Holy-war suits here...all I did was start a thread...
& express my views on something I strongly disagree with...

Wheelman, I want to respond to your comments re: nycdave's questions.

I don't think she's bright enough to understand what she's doing. She might have heard you could get someone's ire up by wearing these symbols (hence be controversial) and it would be a good publicity move. I just can't give her that much credit as an intelligent person. An intelligent person would want to rely on their skills as a performer and not have to rely on such gimmicks. I know someone who's still disgusted that Madonna chose her name. Also, I'm reminded of many images of Sid Vicious wearing a swastika t-shirt. I don't think he was bright enough to understand the significance of that considering he was citizen of a country that fought the Nazi scourge. At best he figured he was being a naughty boy doing that, and putting forth an up yours attitude to the establishment; probably the best he could think of.

I respect your right to take the position you have so clearly done so. I don't mock you or make fun of you. If you choose to continue this fight then more power to you, but be careful trying to ram your convictions down anyones throat.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#217008 1 year, 9 months ago
anyone who doesn't agree with Wheelman should stop posting on this thread so the dang thing will drop. It's getting old and moving nowhere, he must think he's changing minds and lives here, but it's probably more like wasting time, and minds.
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#217014 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
I AM JESUS CHRIST

just because your dad used to scream that at you doesn't mean it's your name

thank you very much, bill cosby
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217017 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

I don't think she's bright enough to understand what she's doing. She might have heard you could get someone's ire up by wearing these symbols (hence be controversial) and it would be a good publicity move. I just can't give her that much credit as an intelligent person. An intelligent person would want to rely on their skills as a performer and not have to rely on such gimmicks. I know someone who's still disgusted that Madonna chose her name. Also, I'm reminded of many images of Sid Vicious wearing a swastika t-shirt. I don't think he was bright enough to understand the significance of that considering he was citizen of a country that fought the Nazi scourge. At best he figured he was being a naughty boy doing that, and putting forth an up yours attitude to the establishment; probably the best he could think of.

I respect your right to take the position you have so clearly done so. I don't mock you or make fun of you. If you choose to continue this fight then more power to you, but be careful trying to ram your convictions down anyones throat.

well, T/Y for this...
I think you're right for the most part...
but I believe there's a bit more to her motives than just that...
you keep hearing all these stories from performers they sold their soul for fame..
I believe she did, & part of her pact is to push an agenda..be it with her symbolism or lyrics or wat have you...

& if I'm so "out there" with my views on this...
why do so many pop stars use the same symbolism in their acts & on their CD covers....
& use that symbolism when posing for the camera & poparazzi
& make reference to Satan & demons in their lyrics..
now we're not talking about heavy metal bands here...
but pop stars & rappers all doing the same things...

the music industry,, never used to be like that..

& NO..They're not all working for the same label..
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Wheelman.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#217019 1 year, 9 months ago
funky420 wrote:
anyone who doesn't agree with Wheelman should stop posting on this thread so the dang thing will drop. It's getting old and moving nowhere, he must think he's changing minds and lives here, but it's probably more like wasting time, and minds.

you dont have to acknowledge this thread...
the existence of this thread should not bother you one way or the other...

you want it to go away?

simply pretend it doesnt exist...
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#217026 1 year, 9 months ago
I just did a search on the internet, and it seems that from the hundreds and hundreds of people online, only 1 person actually took to the web to voice displeasure and disapproval of this performance from this artist who until just a few days ago, I never heard of.

Looks like the preacher has a congregation of one.

I thought you were simply annoying and weird with all your posts about California falling into the sea. Now I think you need some serious help.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217029 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

well, T/Y for this...
I think you're right for the most part...
but I believe there's a bit more to her motives than just that...
you keep hearing all these stories from performers they sold their soul for fame..
I believe she did, & part of her pact is to push an agenda..be it with her symbolism or lyrics or wat have you...

& if I'm so "out there" with my views on this...
why do so many pop stars use the same symbolism in their acts & on their CD covers....
& use that symbolism when posing for the camera & poparazzi
& make reference to Satan & demons in their lyrics..
now we're not talking about heavy metal bands here...
but pop stars & rappers all doing the same things...

the music industry,, never used to be like that..

I want to clarify something. I've only ever heard of one performer who sold their soul, and that's never actually been confirmed. This would have been Robert Johnson who allegedly sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads one night many moons ago.

I don't make the distinction between pop stars or rappers or heavy metal types or punks or whoever who choose to wear something just for publicity without understanding their actions. Stupid is as stupid does.

I'm reminded of this. I tend to not side much with John Laughton, but instead with Uncle Frank. Laughton is another example of those who would try to cram their opinions down our throats. I've never been inclined to worship Satan after having listened to hundreds of hours of Zappa.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds