• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mok
Junior Boarder
Posts:206

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216927 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman wrote:

& quit saying things like "You "belive"..
(that type of misspell is beneath contempt)


Whether you meant this directly or passive aggressively, this is pretty weak from a man who uses emoticons in place of words and ideas
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:799
Don't you see........

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216929 1 year, 4 months ago
Ahhhhhhhh......but you see, I did not put any walls around them...........you did. Just because I used the term "Christ-like" does not mean you know exactly what I meant or that I had a specific set of traditionally thought of attributes (such as being a "good" person).

And that more importantly diminishes the message, which is about love, not deeds. Christ, to me and of course IMHO, is not about deeds or being a "good" person. And clearly has many different meanings for everyone, and I realize that many are not positive as a result of their aversion to religion (especially organized.....ie Catholic, Protestant and so on).

Christ is love.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216931 1 year, 4 months ago
mok wrote:


Whether you meant this directly or passive aggressively, this is pretty weak from a man who uses emoticons in place of words and ideas


oh, so you'd rather I articulated a response???!!

FINE!!!

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4622

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216935 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelman: the Bible says what GOD wants. I am simply quoting it...

You are doing a bit more than that. You are using a biblical quote to justify your own version of what is moral. Which is your right, except that by defining moral values for others, you hope to justify condemnig an artist whose main purpose in life is probably not to spread satanism. Even people who believe that the bible is the word of god, struggle with understanding the meaning of what is being said. You imply that by quoting the bible, you have a clear understanding of what God wants. Then you want others to act on this understanding. Some relegious people think that they are more moral than the rest of us and have a right to impose their values on the rest of us. Let me close with a quote from a Jethro Tull hymn:
If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
From the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
Oh Jesus save me!
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216936 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Wheelman: the Bible says what GOD wants. I am simply quoting it...

You are doing a bit more than that. You are using a biblical quote to justify your own version of what is moral. Which is your right, except that by defining moral values for others, you hope to justify condemnig an artist whose main purpose in life is probably not to spread satanism. Even people who believe that the bible is the word of god, struggle with understanding the meaning of what is being said. You imply that by quoting the bible, you have a clear understanding of what God wants. Then you want others to act on this understanding. Some relegious people think that they are more moral than the rest of us and have a right to impose their values on the rest of us. Let me close with a quote from a Jethro Tull hymn:
If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
From the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
Oh Jesus save me!

well the way one interprets the scripture, is the way one applies those teachings..
so that is why I believe I have a Christian duty to make this an issue....

& I see you keep saying things like some people think they are more moral/etc/etc..
Implying I believe that...


if you people dont believe satanism should be wiped out,


then I guess I am....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Wheelman.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216938 1 year, 4 months ago
This thread has got to be the biggest buzz kill on the planet. Just sayin.....
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Phred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:963
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216939 1 year, 4 months ago
Griff wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh......but you see, I did not put any walls around them...........you did.
Though you may not, most of the audience would when having such a term applied to them. You may know your meaning, or the greatest essence of your meaning, but if your meaning clashes/wanders with the common definition, you bear the responsibility. This is getting a bit off-track with language and use, but it's important when using such terms. One of my first English teachers really hammered home the idea of "Know your audience. Speak to your audience so they understand." I used to run into this same thing with a few terms and ideas, so I'm every bit as guilty. I modified them to my own understandings and experiences, but nevertheless, when in conversation, I had to span that gap between my definition and common definition. That was my job, not theirs. If you have to footnote every time you say Christ-like because of how it represents love and not deeds in your thinking, then you will because you want me to understand you and the message. I hope that doesn't sound patronizing. I don't intend it to be. I just don't think you can pull the "ahhhhh" card because more people probably decipher Christ-like like I do than like you do.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:963
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216941 1 year, 4 months ago
Phred wrote:
This thread has got to be the biggest buzz kill on the planet. Just sayin.....
"Nietzsche says..out of chaos comes order". If Chaos Theory has anything to say about it, it does. We hope accident doesn't come without meaning, right? Funny stuff.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216942 1 year, 4 months ago
Phred wrote:
This thread has got to be the biggest buzz kill on the planet. Just sayin.....


RELAX BRAH!!! it's only the internet....

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1362

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216945 1 year, 4 months ago
Wheelie I hear where you're coming from but you've got the wrong target. The real Satan is Justin Bieber, destroying young girls taste in music for life. Further, no matter how hard you try, Satan er Bieber is everywhere..he cannot be avoided if you turn on a computer, channel surf, or are just trying to ck out at the grocery store. His demonic influence is much stronger than the pretender Kesha.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds