• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mok
Junior Boarder
Posts:259

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216912 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:


In fact, and I said this earlier in another thread, I find Deadheads to be some of the most Christ-like people I have ever met.........much to their chagrin no doubt (per this thread). This year is probably the most tangible for me in my 33 years on the bus as I traveled to Coney Island and Bethel solo, just hangin with great people sharing love (and I dont mean drugs!!).


A lot of people like/agree with the messages attributed to Christ without believing he is divine
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:837
Don't you see........

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216913 1 year, 9 months ago
BTW - I really questioned the use of the word "minister". I know it too can have some really bad conontations and connections out there in the real world (see the Catholic priest......OUCH).

Yet, just wanted to say that minister to me means "to help". So when I teach someone how to ski, I am ministering to them. And when I clean the leaves from the gutter on the street, I am ministering to my neighborhood, and when I let that person cut in front of me while driving, I am ministering. And when I share a blunt with the bro dancin next to me, well........you get the mesaage.

It does not mean preaching or converting.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216914 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:
A sin that God does not forgive........hmmmmmmmmmmm.........I dont think that is right brother.

God's ability to forgive is beyond a human's ability to comprehend, so I am personally not going to sell Him short. I think He has the ability to forgive all, and surely I do not know how. I can barely forgive myself most of the time let alone my wife or kids, so I know I do not understand this amazing thing. I do have faith in it.

Yet again, let's not focus our attention there. Let's focus it on love.

In fact, and I said this earlier in another thread, I find Deadheads to be some of the most Christ-like people I have ever met.........much to their chagrin no doubt (per this thread). This year is probably the most tangible for me in my 33 years on the bus as I traveled to Coney Island and Bethel solo, just hangin with great people sharing love (and I dont mean drugs!!).


not true...there are transgressions that will not be pardoned...
this one comes to mind, right off the top of my head..,
[Mark 3:28-29]
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Posts:395
Mr. Charlie

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216916 1 year, 9 months ago
how about genocide, infantacide, homicide, slavery, fratrcide, sexaul assault and debasement of women, are these not wicked, in fact these are all explicitly required by your invisible friend the so called loving god, whose son is a zombie.

lot fucking his daghters and offering them to be raped

extermanation of women and children is repeatedly commanded

so i think you are likely mentally ill or defficent, wow you say thats harsh?

answer me this if you can, when you see someone working on sunday and do you start preparing to kill them?

you are required to do this among much more evil things by your idol.

so i dont think you are really sane if you say yes to these demonstrably evil acts.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216918 1 year, 9 months ago
gr8ful bruin wrote:
how about genocide, infantacide, homicide, slavery, fratrcide, sexaul assault and debasement of women, are these not wicked, in fact these are all explicitly required by your invisible friend the so called loving god, whose son is a zombie.

lot fucking his daghters and offering them to be raped

extermanation of women and children is repeatedly commanded

so i think you are likely mentally ill or defficent, wow you say thats harsh?

answer me this if you can, when you see someone working on sunday and do you start preparing to kill them?

you are required to do this among much more evil things by your idol.

so i dont think you are really sane if you say yes to these demonstrably evil acts.



(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5522

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216919 1 year, 9 months ago
What I find extermely disturbing is people who in the name of god want to repress other peoples right to express themselves. People who want to destroy a musicians career because they don't like the symbols they wear. While claiming to act in the name of god and church, they express an interest in condemning others, for reasons that make no sense. If you don't like a symbol an artist wears, don't see that artist perform. To ask others to carry on with righteous indignation and attempt to gather a mob to complain, is sick and dangerous. I thought that in the 21st century we were over this sort of lunacy, however I stand corrected. To ask people to act in an immoral fashion and repress stuff you have no clue about, is dangerous to the health and well being of our society. By claiming to be god fearing but pushing an agenda of repression in the name of your skewed sense of what god wants, you show yourself to be a danger to basic moral values. You belive that you have stronger moral compass than others, while in reality you are propogating an agenda of hate. Quoting the bible to justify whatever nonsense and twisted moral values you wish to expouse, to me that is disturbing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gr8ful bruin
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1023
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216921 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:
In fact, and I said this earlier in another thread, I find Deadheads to be some of the most Christ-like people I have ever met.........much to their chagrin no doubt (per this thread).
I don't know if this is fair, or maybe, rather, if it is accurate. I don't think many people have a problem with the associated attributes, but they have a problem with how they are framed and defined. It may seem like semantics to some, but it goes beyond that. Being good, or living by a kind set of ethics, doesn't have to be imprisoned by such a label, though it is often more easily understood, or associated to one's beliefs, by slapping walls around them. It's a sticky wicket. For instance, I wouldn't describe a good person as Christ-like because that isn't how I filter the world. That's not my perspective, and in the present-day world, using a descriptor such as that, it can be perceived as something unsympathetic, ie with strings not copacetic to other perspectives. That's awful wordy, but I'm lacking the words right now.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216922 1 year, 9 months ago
Thank you all for bringing some interesting debate to this forum. I couldn't take another thread about fucking chili!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, kevin
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216925 1 year, 9 months ago
nycdave wrote:
What I find extermely disturbing is people who in the name of god want to repress other peoples right to express themselves. People who want to destroy a musicians career because they don't like the symbols they wear. While claiming to act in the name of god and church, they express an interest in condemning others, for reasons that make no sense. If you don't like a symbol an artist wears, don't see that artist perform. To ask others to carry on with righteous indignation and attempt to gather a mob to complain, is sick and dangerous. I thought that in the 21st century we were over this sort of lunacy, however I stand corrected. To ask people to act in an immoral fashion and repress stuff you have no clue about, is dangerous to the health and well being of our society. By claiming to be god fearing but pushing an agenda of repression in the name of your skewed sense of what god wants, you show yourself to be a danger to basic moral values. You belive that you have stronger moral compass than others, while in reality you are propogating an agenda of hate. Quoting the bible to justify whatever nonsense and twisted moral values you wish to expouse, to me that is disturbing.


but I do understand what those symbols represent...
(why do you say differently?)

the Bible says what GOD wants. I am simply quoting it...

none of your above statement rings true...

& yes I want to gather a mob to stamp out this intolerable abomination...

& quit saying things like "You "belive"..
(that type of misspell is beneath contempt)
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216926 1 year, 9 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Thank you all for bringing some interesting debate to this forum. I couldn't take another thread about fucking chili!


YOU OWE ME!!!


(ya got a copy of 11/11/85)..
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds